Police track IPhone GPS To Locate and Catch Snatch Thief

Rimmer

Chinese Tourists Used GPS To Catch Thief

pdn023.jpg

Police capture iphone thief using GPS after he stole the iphone from 2 Chinese tourists. The thief was talking on the phone arranging to sell it while the police homed in on the GPS signal and arrested him.

PATTAYA – November 11, 2013 [PDN]; At 2.00 a.m. Pol. Capt. Chaleaw Boonkhoom (investigation police on duty of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) was notified that a Chinese couple were robbed by 2 male teenagers who drove passed them on a motorbike and snatched their bag. Ms. Wang Memg Ni (the wife) said her bag contained cash and an iPhone. The robbery occurred in the middle of Soi Bua Khao.

After the police was notified they checked and found that the GPS signal was in the area of Soi Chalermphrakiet 15, central Pattaya so a police team together with the victims rushed to the area.

When the officers arrived the GPS signal disappeared so they waited and staked out the area, then they spotted a suspicious looking teenager the police team approached him and searched him.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/11/11/chinese-tourists-used-gps-to-catch-thief/

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-11-11

So many out of town petty criminals, would it not be possible to fast track them through the courts where the judge can give them a suspended sentence on condition they leave Pattaya and if they come back they will have to serve the sentence.

Wow, this will teach those Bag Snatchers to operate in Pattaya.

'Tom' ??? Give me a break. Is he teamed up with 'Dick' & 'Harry' ??

The 'Crackdowns' will stop all this wont it ?? Hey Rim , is that an Actual 'Point' or a Chinese version ?

about a 3 Bud

coffee1.gif

Edited by Ohio

It is obvious in the photo that the Chinese are the new tourist target group.

Look at that finger point. No defination in it. She should be standing, arm outstretched to maximum and finger right in his face.

When he meets up with "Tom" he will say it was not a big ordeal. She was a poor pointer so we will carry on stealing.

The 'Crackdowns' will stop all this wont it ?? Hey Rim , is that an Actual 'Point' or a Chinese version ?

about a 3 Bud

coffee1.gif

It's actually considered quite rude in Chinese culture to use a finger to point, they will often use a the thumb instead blink.png

about a 3 Bud

coffee1.gif

It's actually considered quite rude in Chinese culture to use a finger to point, they will often use a the thumb instead blink.png
That is correct.(My Sons in-laws are Chinese ) It is also rude to steal in ALL cultures.

Well the Chinese tourists will not return to Pattaya and they will tell all their 1000's of friends about this . So Pattaya gets the bad reputation it deserves.

Edited by balo

Well the Chinese tourists will not return to Pattaya and they will tell all their 1000's of friends about this . So Pattaya gets the bad reputation it deserves.

It AREADY HAS , I would suggest

coffee1.gif

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed

Another 500 baht fine unfortunately.

I use an app on my iPhone called "Gotchya" it is set up with my MacBook and if someone steals my phone and tries to open it (with a password) and the second they type in one wrong character for the password the front Camera takes their picture and sends it an their coordinates to the MacBook.

That way you print out their pic and take it all to the cops and see if they will do anything. In this case it seems they did so I must say good one.

very well doneclap2.gif

the article says the thief ‘s friend who is named Tom escaped into the night.

but I hope they will be able to convince him to divulge the whereabouts of “ Tom “giggle.gif

Most Thai's after being caught, give up their partner. if not they do after waterboarding.

very well doneclap2.gif

the article says the thief ‘s friend who is named Tom escaped into the night.

but I hope they will be able to convince him to divulge the whereabouts of “ Tom “giggle.gif

Most Thai's after being caught, give up their partner. if not they do after waterboarding.

no need to, confess and get half the time on fish head soup and rice.