Buying a 250 motocycle, your suggestions?

Belamar

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a CBR250 and liked it. I'm 6'2" and I was comfortable riding the bike, but that was just me. The Ninja will be faster but the CBR was fast enough for me and handled great on the curves smile.png

Prices are coming down on the CBR, especially with the arrival of the new CB500 and the upcoming CBR300

Try some of the Thai language classifieds, I have seen CBRs as low as 65,000. If you can take your time, you can get a good deal smile.png

I don't know thai language.

Well, mocyc.com, what else?

You need to take some responsibility and try to help yourself. Finding a good deal takes some work.

Did you try Google Translate?

Did you ask a Thai friend to help you?

Its worth the effort but you must make a little effort on your own behalf....

• Like 2

Like I said www.dealfish.co.th

Pick one you like the look of and send the link to someone who does read Thai.

If you don't know anyone, send it to me and I'll get the details to you.

Thanks, but I could translate it myself using google translate, but how would I contact or talk to an owner?

Up to you buddy, but if you want a good deal then you will have to work it out...

Otherwise just buy one for around 80-85k from an honest farang :)

Good luck with Google translate too... I know Thai language is not supposed to be used, hope the mods leave this just as an example !

What the ad says in Thai

"ถ้าสนใจโทรถามรายละเอียดเลยครับ รถสวยวิ่งน้อย เจ้าของขายเอง"

What Google translate says

"If you do not ask for it. Car runs. Own."

The ad, btw, looks like a great deal ??

http://www.dealfish.co.th/product-4121652/

Well, what about crb250 and ninja300? first off all, price-wise. A video said it cost only $100 more than cbr, but seemed to be much more powerful and better in some ways.

it would be best for you to rent a cbr 250 and the next day a ninja 250 or 300. These bikes will only cost you 700-900 baht a day.

edit : just see you are from samui, cbr's 250 are easy to rent there and most likely the baby ninja as well.no need to go to bkk,the rent will cost less then the trip to bangkok lol

Edited by pokerkid

Like I said www.dealfish.co.th

Pick one you like the look of and send the link to someone who does read Thai.

If you don't know anyone, send it to me and I'll get the details to you.

Thanks, but I could translate it myself using google translate, but how would I contact or talk to an owner?

just ask help from locals, he/she can be your landlord, receptionist, a gf or friend's gf, a karaoke girl, the shop you buy your food or beer. Thai people will be eager to help you, no worries.

Good luck with Google translate too... I know Thai language is not supposed to be used, hope the mods leave this just as an example !

What the ad says in Thai

I agree that Google translate is not perfect. Some tips:

1 Try translating one sentence at a time. In the case above, it was the same translation :)

2 It will usually give you the address of the bike, so you will know how far to travel.

3 Get the phone number, then add it to your Line or Whats App. Many sellers have accounts there and you can ask them questions in English.

I rely more on the photos and the sellers willingness to communicate/work with me. If they are not interested enough to make an effort to reply to me, then I figure they will not be sincere to meet me if I travel a long distance to view the bike.

Give it a try, even if you speak no Thai. Call the seller and say "motocy Ninja yak su" Translation: I want buy your Ninja!"

Good way to improve you Thai language skills :)

• Like 1

just see you are from samui, cbr's 250 are easy to rent there and most likely the baby ninja as well.no need to go to bkk,the rent will cost less then the trip to bangkok lol

I mean, for buying, not for renting.

just see you are from samui, cbr's 250 are easy to rent there and most likely the baby ninja as well.no need to go to bkk,the rent will cost less then the trip to bangkok lol

I mean, for buying, not for renting.

The point of renting a bike before you buy it is to get a feeling for it. You will know more about the differences of these two bikes from a day of renting then from reading 1 year on the net.For some people the ninja is the better choice, for some the cbr, You will have to find out which one suits you best.

Yes, I agree, but I'm asking about what do I after that?smile.png Maybe it's better to move to Bangkok and not just look for it in the Internet but also (or instead of) at the local (weekend) moto markets?

if you want to buy second hand best check online first. if lets say you find some in the bangkok area go there for a couple of days and check them out at the same time.

Edited by pokerkid

For what it's worth, I have a Honda CBR and a Ninja, and I would take the Z250(Same as the Ninja but for fairings) any day of the week. Much better quality and a better ride. But like others have said, the CBR can be bought for much cheaper and is good value for money.

As far as where to buy it, why do you need to come to Bangkok? If you are buying 2nd hand or new, there would be plenty of CBRs in southern Thailand, a used Z250 might be harder to come by, but I'm sure there is Kawasaki dealer down there. If you're buying new and you have the money get the Ninja 300, or even stretch for the CBR500.

What the ad says in Thai

that ad says:

if you are interested call for information. Bike is pretty, used little...for sale by owner

all you have to know is the phone number and price...youd be surprised how many thai people can speak english, its taught in school.

For what it's worth, I have a Honda CBR and a Ninja, and I would take the Z250(Same as the Ninja but for fairings) any day of the week. Much better quality and a better ride. But like others have said, the CBR can be bought for much cheaper and is good value for money.

As far as where to buy it, why do you need to come to Bangkok? If you are buying 2nd hand or new, there would be plenty of CBRs in southern Thailand, a used Z250 might be harder to come by, but I'm sure there is Kawasaki dealer down there. If you're buying new and you have the money get the Ninja 300, or even stretch for the CBR500.

when z250 just appeared, it cost 150k baht. I didn't find any information about its price nowadays. How much is it and how much is a used one? It seems it's very difficult to find a used z250.

Edited by Belamar

What the ad says in Thai

that ad says:

if you are interested call for information. Bike is pretty, used little...for sale by owner

all you have to know is the phone number and price...youd be surprised how many thai people can speak english, its taught in school.

That was exactly my point, anyone who relies on Google translate is a muppet..

Seems like the OP just doesn't want to put that extra effort in to steal a deal.

But he will still be able to buy a used CBR from a Farang for 80-85k or a Ninja for around the 100k mark, so no dramas either way.

when z250 just appeared, it cost 150k baht. I didn't find any information about its price nowadays. How much is it and how much is a used one? It seems it's very difficult to find a used z250.

The Z250 is about 152,000B new. Seeing as it only came out about 8 months, I doubt there would be many for sale yet, or even none at all. Very nice looking bike though. If you are thinking of buying new, then wait til next month. The expo is in a couple of weeks when all the dealers show off their new models, they could even introduce the Z300. Honda have a CBR300 coming out too.

Yes, the nice price.

By the way, where do I rent such the big motorcycles (250 or 300cc) without having to leave my passport or a big amount of money as a deposit (like 30k baht)?

do you really think that a rental shop would stay in business long if they did not have any deposit at all and relied only on the goodwill of their customers ?

Even with a (fake) passport as deposit a foreigner managed to steal a couple of bikes from rental shops in Chiang Mai recently.

Yes, the nice price.

By the way, where do I rent such the big motorcycles (250 or 300cc) without having to leave my passport or a big amount of money as a deposit (like 30k baht)?

do you really think that a rental shop would stay in business long if they did not have any deposit at all and relied only on the goodwill of their customers ?

Even with a (fake) passport as deposit a foreigner managed to steal a couple of bikes from rental shops in Chiang Mai recently.

I didn't say "at all".