who uses the "ignore" option ?

CharlieH

OK Mick !! Has it ever occured to you when reading through a thread if you have so many ignored users is it still going to make sense, thats my opinion. rolleyes.gif

Hey, Kawasaki, I assure you the presence or rather lack thereof, of the drivel/invective from my handful or The Ignored in no way detracts from my understanding of the thread smile.png

• Like 2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"OK Mick !! Has it ever occured to you when reading through a thread if you have so many ignored users is it still going to make sense, thats my opinion. rolleyes.gif

It appears you have made up your mind, ok thats up to you.

But your argument or point here is not valid as no one said anything about "so many" thats your assumption and as it was clearly stated that its the "off topic personal attacks" that are ignored, being just that, off topic, would not make them contribute to the topic and therefore not matter they were not included and not detract from what was actually being discussed if ignored.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by MichaelJackson
  • Like 1

That would have made sense if it wasn't for the fact that the posters who claim to have people on their ignore lists are - in my opinion - usually (not always!) the biggest contributors of verbal excrement there is.

Really? Glad you added 'not always'. I never get into dog fights on here. Nor do I ever post 'verbal excrement'.

You're going to check my profile now, aren't you laugh.png

Yes, that is my opinion. Really.

Yes, and your entitled to it. Just as others are entitled to theirs. Its the pointless personal attacks that are off topic and unjustified.

i don't think you'll find anyone who's opposing that. Though my opinion is that there seems to be a discrepancy in the perception of what constitutes "an attack". A tragic majority of posters who advocate usage of ignore-lists often interpret well phrased arguments supported by empirical facts as "an attack" it proves beyond all doubt how wrong they actually are. These people are, in my opinion, the only posters who posts invectives, insults and completely irrelevant crap, often without even touching on the topic. Evidently because they are uncomfortable with the idea of being wrong. I find this incredibly humorous.

Thats probably why the people running the forum put it there to start with, but thats just a guess.

no, the ignore feature comes with the software bundle TV uses, they didn't put this in place themselves.
  • Like 1

Meet me in Chaing Mai after the Blether comes back. then maybe I'll get the chance. We could go to that place which was mentioned in the Chaing Mai forum. it's on every Tuesday night.

We would get thrown out when l start singing.................laugh.png

Speaking on behalf of Mr Transam's wife (yes, I have her permission in writing) ... he is officially banned from leaving the House on Tuesday nights ... whistling.gif

There are certain times when duty calls.

• Like 1

Meet me in Chaing Mai after the Blether comes back. then maybe I'll get the chance. We could go to that place which was mentioned in the Chaing Mai forum. it's on every Tuesday night.

Speaking on behalf of Mr Transam's wife (yes, I have her permission in writing) ... he is officially banned from leaving the House on Tuesday nights ... whistling.gif

Well I'm sure there are other nights.

However, always remember old kung <deleted> saying,

See the Way of life as a stream. A man floats, and his way is smooth. The same man, turning to fight upstream, exhausts himself. To be One with the Universe, each must find his true path and follow it

But what if you don't want to end up living on the coast?

Not everyone likes to live in Phuket.

He could put his mrs on " ignore ". whistling.gif

Anyway trans can't say on here to anyone "see you next tuesday" he'd get a holiday again. laugh.png

He could put his mrs on " ignore ". whistling.gif

Anyway trans can't say on here to anyone "see you next tuesday" he'd get a holiday again. laugh.png

I'm sure we can go somewhere on another night when Mrs Transam will let her husband out.

If I say I am going to go somewhere to sing she will NOT go sad.png .................laugh.png

You sing a lot then? smile.png

Yeh, l am here now whilst reading here...............thumbsup.gif

She's gone out..............laugh.png

Better 'going out' then coming out' ... not that there is anything wrong with that ... biggrin.png

trans ... Sing, sing a song. Make it loud ...

Or ... if you prefer the Perry

If I say I am going to go somewhere to sing she will NOT go sad.png .................laugh.png

Better 'going out' then coming out' ... not that there is anything wrong with that ... biggrin.png

To come out you have to have been in and that cannot be all bad.

I can doooooo Perry stuff, BUT, nobody in LOS has ever heard it, soooooooooo noooooooooo. smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough I discovered that the "ignore" function doesn't work on the Android app. Bumped into my single "ignore" last night and he's still a cantankerous tw@ proving, for me personally, that I have made a good decision.

You might want to look a little harder, maybe your device as android works perfect for me on all functions.