refused non immigrant O

been legally married for 10 yrs,and have had a non immigrant o for a few yrs now as iam still coming and going,just submitted the application with marriage certificate,copy of wifes id,bank statements showing income from property at £1500 per month, bank statement showing £18000 in bank,refused on basis that income is from rental income despite the fact that i could even prove that there are no outstanding mortgages on any of the properties !

Iam sick of all this crap,was just going to put another 20k into the country by buying a new truck,but i think i will have to re think,better i put the house up for sale and get the hell out of there

You posted on the wrong forum a mod will move topic soon.

It sounds like you applied at hull. If based upon marriage to a Thai you should try Birmingham.

Your income would qualify you for an extension based upon marriage.

Edited by ubonjoe

I think he is getting new visas each time rather than extensions. Op, where did you get refused?

i always use Hull, but they have to sent to London to get it authorised.

The embassies have now had the facility to pay with card removed by card companies for some reason,so i have now got to post a cheque,they are granting me a multi entry tourist visa instead

You posted on the wrong forum a mod will move topic soon. It sounds like you applied at hull. If based upon marriage to a Thai you should try Birmingham. Your income would qualify you for an extension based upon marriage.

not accepting rental income , as legit income

I think he is getting new visas each time rather than extensions. Op, where did you get refused?

The embassies have now had the facility to pay with card removed by card companies for some reason,so i have now got to post a cheque,they are granting me a multi entry tourist visa instead

Probably better to get a short non O (3 months) and then get an extension when you are back in country. Then just get re-entry permits when you need to leave. You could get the Non O from Laos too (or pretty much any neighbouring country given your savings).

Extension is still 400k - its just the British Embassy that is using this 800k rubbish (from OA visa rules)

Edited by wolf5370

You posted on the wrong forum a mod will move topic soon. It sounds like you applied at hull. If based upon marriage to a Thai you should try Birmingham. Your income would qualify you for an extension based upon marriage.

not accepting rental income , as legit income

They will accept rental income for an extension when in country - the British Embassy will give a letter confirming income based on it and that's all you need finances wise.

Surely you only need to show 400k in your current account for the past two months?

now gone to 800 k, forms state in thai or uk bank, this is not true in reality

Sorry, I misunderstood. Thought you were renewing in Thailand where the grandfathering clause means it's still 400k.

Probably better to get a short non O (3 months) and then get an extension when you are back in country. Then just get re-entry permits when you need to leave. You could get the Non O from Laos too (or pretty much any neighbouring country given your savings).

Extension is still 400k - its just the British Embassy that is using this 800k rubbish (from OA visa rules)

thanks for your advise,i have been doing it like this as iam spending more time in the uk at the moment,i probably need another couple of yrs to try and make sure I've got it right as i have made mistakes in the past,so I've not looked into the marriage visa side of things,just thought i would need to apply for a retirement visa when i was ready

The financial requirements for an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai 40k baht income or 400k baht in the bank for 60 days.

The London embassy and Hull have been wrongly been stating the financials for a non-o multiple entry visa based upon marriage equal to those needed for retirement.

There has been reports of people getting them from Birmingham with no financial proof.

Edited by ubonjoe

Surely you only need to show 400k in your current account for the past two months?

Clarification,What do you intend by "not true' is this based on personal experience since July 2013 or hearsay please?

Both myself and friend who I know very well and was with at lunch both obtained married O from Hull without since new rule

Do you mean the sum is wrong,my funds are in Oz is this acceptable.but neither of us on different dates were required to provide credentials as evidence.

Is it possible they are profiling certain types of applicants.The lack of global transparency is nothing new and I guess the raison d'etre of this forum.

Not being able to use visa/mastercard is very fishy,even for Hull !

Hard to imagine a consul would have permission revoked unlike a rogue trader unless more likley rules from HQ

Edited by RubbaJohnny

The financial requirements for an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai 40k baht income or 400k baht in the bank for 60 days. The London embassy and Hull have been wrongly been stating the financials for a non-o multiple entry visa based upon marriage equal to those needed for retirement. There has been reports of people getting them from Birmingham with no financial proof.

Wrongly according to who ,surely you cannot argue with them? Fortunately they are not a monopoly worldwide so flexible punters will shop elsewhere

Clarification,What do you intend by "not true' is this based on personal experience since July 2013 or hearsay please?

Both myself and friend who I know very well and was with at lunch both obtained married O from Hull without since new rule

Do you mean the sum is wrong,my funds are in Oz is this acceptable.but neither of us on different dates were required to provide credentials as evidence.

Is it possible they are profiling certain types of applicants.The lack of global transparency is nothing new and I guess the raison d'etre of this forum.

Not being able to use visa/mastercard is very fishy,even for Hull !

Hard to imagine a consul would have permission revoked unlike a rogue trader unless more likley rules from HQ

all i know is that for the last 5 years i have applied for a non immigrant o from hull with no problems,this month 19th november 2013 i applied with proof of 800k in uk bank and proof of £1500 per month from rental income,why they have not accepted it when the forms state money in thai or uk bank i don't understand, i suppose aim beat when i try to work out the thai thinking !