Tour Bus Crushes Teenager To Death

Rimmer

Tour Bus Crushes Teenager To Death

A 16 year old female who cut in front of a tour bus was crushed to death after the bus ran over her head killing her instantly.

PATTAYA – November 19,2013 [PDN]; at 5.00 a.m. Pol. Lt. Col. Phumphat Narmphuttha (investigation officer of Pattaya city police station, Dongtarn curve sub-branch, Chonburi province) was notified that there was an accident involving a motorbike which had been hit by a tour bus. The incident occurred in front of Watchara Compact Co., Ltd. On the Sukhumvit road, at the entrance route to Sattahip, near Thepprasit, south Pattaya, Moo 12 Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, the officer rushed to the scene together with the rescuers of Sawang Boriboon Pattaya foundation.

At the incident the officers found the body of Ms. Yaowarat Banthao, aged 16, address 17 Moo 2 Tambon Kokchang, Amphur Sakhrai, Nong Khai province, she was lying face down on the road, her skull had been crushed by the wheels of the bus.There was a friend of Ms. Yaowarat who had fainted near the incident point. Approximately 200 meters away, there was the tour bus license number 10-3768 Chonburi, route Rayong-Koh Samui island, which belonged to Roth Roongrueng (Mookdaharn) Co., Ltd. and white Yamaha Meo motorbike, license number JOR SOR LOR 547 Chonburi which belonged to the dead victim.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/11/19/tour-bus-crushes-teenager-to-death/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-11-19

So many dying and so young if this was happening to in Australia there would be an uproar and a massive clamp down on road safety, so many times here I have been first at the lights and when they turn green bikes cut in front of me from the left to turn right forcing me to brake now I wait a few seconds before starting off just in case

Edited by pitchag

This is so very sad and I sympathies with the family's loss.....I also agree that this is a result of a lack of education and respect for therules of the road and until someone acts to instill the rules at an early age...and the laws are implimented ..this tragidy will be repeated again and again - note the facts Thailand is 3rd in the world for road deaths - 38 per 100,000 - only topped by Eritrea and Dominican Republic (Loas 20, Cambodia 17 - UK 2.7 and USA 10.4 per 100,000)- I make an assumption that as in the rest of the world most are youngsters, so when will someone act to stop the carnage of Thailands youth !

• Like 2

One post removed and a quoted reply, please understand Thai Visa is not responsible for, or allowed to alter text from an original news sources in anyway when it is reproduced here.

A 16 year old driving a motorbike...........enough said.

the legal age for small motorcycles is 14 in many countries...

but this is Thailand, HORSES FOR COURSES , ....... half the adult population have the brain of a 14 yr old. The law OBVIOUSLY needs changing AND enforcing .

the laws are fine as they are, it's the enforcing part that needs improvement.

• Like 1

The number of times I had people on motorbikes pull out in front of me without even looking in my direction!!!

The number of times cars pull out in front of me not caring because it is a scooter coming and it is full brakes or swerve into the other lane!!!

I have been looking for a charity foundation that might promote road safety awareness in Thailand, but no luck so far. Does one exist here? Seems some public service ads might (might) be able to reach a few. Some grassroots organization like Mothers against drunk driving possibly could be formed, pressure police to enforce moving violation laws (dream on, I know), attempt to wake up the public....

Everyday here in Phuket I see poor judgement used by Thai motorcycle drivers young and old, to many going to fast, no helmets, three and four on a bike at a time, most thinking the Buddha will protect them, eventhough their average speed is over 80. I drive my car in the slow lane between 40 to 50, always on the lookout for motorcyclist whizzing by on both sides of me. Do the Thai schools even have classes on road safety?

They drive the same way they walk, NEVER EVER look where they are going expecting everyone else to do so, the problem being since everyone does that, nobody looks. I have given up and just walk into them on purpose now unless they are old or a kid in the hope they may learn from it...I am surprised this type of accident doesn't happen every day. Sad and RIP and all that but Thais need to learn to drive properly and learn about spacial awareness....

• Like 2

Everyday here in Phuket I see poor judgement used by Thai motorcycle drivers young and old, to many going to fast, no helmets, three and four on a bike at a time, most thinking the Buddha will protect them, eventhough their average speed is over 80. I drive my car in the slow lane between 40 to 50, always on the lookout for motorcyclist whizzing by on both sides of me. Do the Thai schools even have classes on road safety?

No, there are not this lessons in TH school.

Remains the question why the busdriver needed 200 metres to stop the vehicle?

An old bus maybe needs 50 metres, a modern bus under 35m to stop from 80km/h.

The report in the full story stated that the motorbike overtook and then pulled in front of the bus at the RED traffic light , which is when it was struck from behind . That would suggest that the bike was maybe going to stop for the light , but that the bus wasn't or couldn't due to it's speed ???

The report in the full story stated that the motorbike overtook and then pulled in front of the bus at the RED traffic light , which is when it was struck from behind . That would suggest that the bike was maybe going to stop for the light , but that the bus wasn't or couldn't due to it's speed ???

So it was OK for a ''bike'' to overtake a speeding coach and pull in front of it........blink.png

• Like 1

So many dying and so young if this was happening to in Australia there would be an uproar and a massive clamp down on road safety, so many times here I have been first at the lights and when they turn green bikes cut in front of me from the left to turn right forcing me to brake now I wait a few seconds before starting off just in case

" if this was happening to in Australia there would be an uproar and a massive clamp down on road safety"

Right. No worries, mate.

So it was OK for a ''bike'' to overtake a speeding coach and pull in front of it........blink.png.pagespeed.ce.AQgCnSOpp_.png

Don't believe there was anything OK about this tragic event , only trying to make some sense of the report !

The number of times I had people on motorbikes pull out in front of me without even looking in my direction!!!

I see this every day of the week, several times an hour while on the roads. It's like an insane death wish. Incomprehensible.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand