Tourist season: it's started

JSixpack

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sitting in clarks in central today while the wife looked at shoes(change from handbags) well this Russian woman with a massive arse stood in front of me wearing a pair of see through shorts and a g string ,oh God ,yes tourist season is here again ,time to hibernate.

I'm curious - for those who live on the darkside and rarely venture into central Patts, how much different is high season for you ? I know you still have to get to the shops etc, and I accept that the traffic must be hideous, but I would hope that very few tourists find their way over to your side of Suk - anyone ?

• Like 1

I'm curious - for those who live on the darkside and rarely venture into central Patts, how much different is high season for you ? I know you still have to get to the shops etc, and I accept that the traffic must be hideous, but I would hope that very few tourists find their way over to your side of Suk - anyone ?

Thankfully nearly all tourists would not know East Pattaya exisited, rarely see them

• Like 1

Exactly...nothing much changes over here.

Thankfully nearly all tourists would not know East Pattaya exisited, rarely see them

Excellent - thanks for the feedback. There's always talk of the bars being pushed further back into central Patts, but they still have a long way to go before they end up encroaching on your peace and quiet over there ! :D

You're a little late on the draw...its been noticibly more crowded since early this month. The coffee shop cum bakery where I have my morning java fix has been much more crowded for the past few weeks.

But through last week the weather was still iffy. Rain or the threat thereof was putting a damper on things.

Clear skies are an important element for tourist/high season, and that last element fell into place this week (knock on wood). Temps will be getting cooler, too--esp in northern countries, ha, ha. So though in the last month there's been a gradual increase in the number of tourists, now that number will begin to rise exponentially.

Though tourist season has its downside (doomsayer alert!), overall it's absolutely my favorite time of year here in our exotic international sex haven. Been waitin' for this.

• Like 1

Mr WW, the beauty of the darkside is that it is in the main peaceful and quiet with a variety of bars scattered near and far, but if you want nightlige activity of a more raucous nature, you only have a few kilometres to travel. Suk Rd is definitely the Berlin Wall - except it's the unsavoury element blocked off, and none seem to want to escape to our side. Poor things. I'd like to send them food parcels sometime.

• Like 1

I didn't really notice an absence of tourists during the low season.

I don't think we had a low season in Chiang Mai.

Loved the way the OP took the steam out of the nay Sayers.

It was priceless. I wonder if this was the first time they have been able to see all of them selves in print.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

pattaya.png

Very nice team. Half of them under aged, BUT may be TH can go out from human trafficking watcher list ....

Did you research that. I mean personalywai2.gif

I have a devil of a time guessing the Thai ages.sad.png

• Like 1

You're a little late on the draw...its been noticibly more crowded since early this month. The coffee shop cum bakery where I have my morning java fix has been much more crowded for the past few weeks.

But through last week the weather was still iffy. Rain or the threat thereof was putting a damper on things.

Clear skies are an important element for tourist/high season, and that last element fell into place this week (knock on wood). Temps will be getting cooler, too--esp in northern countries, ha, ha. So though in the last month there's been a gradual increase in the number of tourists, now that number will begin to rise exponentially.

Though tourist season has its downside (doomsayer alert!), overall it's absolutely my favorite time of year here in our exotic international sex haven. Been waitin' for this.

Yes agree...it will snowball until the max hell time of Christmas/New Years week.

Just curious...I'm assuming your living here full time...I that's correct, pray tell why high season is your favorite time of year. For most of us, it's a real downer and I, for one, go into semi-hibernation.

it was with great sadness that my evening on the balcony was rudely interupted by the inaudible shouting of russians from the open sided restaurant below. i can never understand why you need to eat while someone screams into a microphone at full volume and i still wont understand it for the next 3 months.......oh hum. time to get on the bike and ride north for a few weeks....

• Like 1

Yes, the season is upon us, going full tilt in Chiang Mai. Caught an amusing scene at my favorite pharmacy. A pack of Chinese ladies were in there, buying various off the shelf items. There are price stickers on everything in there, and the ladies were trying to press for a discount on every piece. They seemed annoyed when the Thai proprietor pointed at his ear and gave them a smile, the universal signal for no speak Chinese, sorry. No speak discount, either.

It's a narrow shop, and I needed to get by these ladies to get to the rear, and they acted as if I were invisible. I was wondering if I would need to bust an Earl Campbell move on them, plowing through the Chinese wall, but they moved over after I got up close.

This morning's lovely sight was some variety of Euro middle aged peroxide blonde, stuffed into and popping all out of a short-shorts/halter top ensemble. Cellulite City, on parade by the moat.

Ah yes.... some Russian stunner that was so hot at restaurant even myself and friends needed drool cup. Was with boyfriend, but we just couldn't help it..... do they sprinkle some sort of evil fairy dust on them at 30 or so that they plump up like a ballpark frank on a grill? I do recall seeing one "missing link" going thru the change. Friend said "Just think what they will look like in 20 years" to which I said "I don't care about 20 years from now. The future is now."

Also, question of meaning of "worst": quality or quantity of tourists. Sometimes less is more....

• Like 1

it was with great sadness that my evening on the balcony was rudely interupted by the inaudible shouting of russians from the open sided restaurant below. i can never understand why you need to eat while someone screams into a microphone at full volume and i still wont understand it for the next 3 months.......oh hum. time to get on the bike and ride north for a few weeks....

inaudible shouting doesn't bother me at all, its the inordinate kind that i find intolerable and even non-inordinate shouting can be extremely irritating.

i love thaivisa, thanks for your post