Hollywood star Owen Wilson escapes big fire on 'The Coup' film set in Lampang

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen the remains of some automatic doors we supplied for use in a Bond film and having them returned after the shooting of the film with all the charring from the pyrotechnics I can only think that every film set is a major fire risk, hope the building owners have the building well insured.

That is why they're shooting in Thailand. Film crews here go on set in bare feet or thongs. No safety officer. No nurse. No rules. Living Films is actually a good company. But Hollywood unions and rules are designed to prevent this sort of thing. That's why you get runaway production. And sooner or later, somebody pays the price.

Ahem.. A wrap is when the final scene of the movie is completed not when a days filming is finished. xxx

You are mistaken sir. At the end of each and every day of shooting the director will say 'that's a wrap people' meaning you can go home. Nobody leaves without asking permission until the director says those words in my experience.

Ummmm. Why are the police investigating this?

All accidents are investigated to prevent the same thing to happening again. This is normal in any civilized country.

Or, if you like, you might want to think it was because of this:

"Owen Wilson was seen driven off from the fire scene in a red license plate BMW to Chiang Mai shortly after the fire broke out at 7.30 p.m."

Red licence plates should raise a red flag!

(sometimes I`m just wondering what the journalists are thinking when they write stuff like this...)

LOL :D

No injuries and no complaints, so which law has been broken here?

Geee if it was my building I would be complaining ...

How about they investigate arson or criminal neglect if the fire was set off by some special effects used in the movie?

• Like 1

Who is bulls**ting who...... we have another thread going re this movie that sez Brosnan won't be here until next month and this one sez he and Owen were uninjured.?

If Brosnan is indeed in Malibu and won't be here til next month, its no wonder he wasn't injured.

....and please , to the poster ,who a few posts back used the term journalists, please reconsider your words. You ever read any of the local English lang. papers published here?

Edited by Gonzo the Face

All accidents are investigated to prevent the same thing to happening again. This is normal in any civilized country.

"Owen Wilson was seen driven off from the fire scene in a red license plate BMW to Chiang Mai shortly after the fire broke out at 7.30 p.m."

(sometimes I`m just wondering what the journalists are thinking when they write stuff like this...)

LOL biggrin.png

OK I got him down as guilty. Why else would he be flying off as soon as the fire started. Also I think that the theme of the film and probably a lot of the scenes in it will bring back a lot of memories to you BKK lot. About all I can say is that it is at least true to life and not a lot of made up rubbish. Roll on the premier------------ Dougal

Fire causes extensive damage to Thailand film set for ‘The Coup’ starring Owen Wilson

Before the fire, the cast had filmed an explosion scene inside a dilapidated building in the town of Lampang, Korrawuth said.

"We had finished filming after the explosion scene," he said. "As the crew was packing and moving things downstairs somebody saw the fire on the third floor of the building."

Police Col. Thanakorn Khumwong said investigators suspect the high voltage required by the special effects caused an electrical short circuit that caused the fire.

More - Startribune

"Neither Owen Wilson nor Pierce Brosnan or (co-star) Lake Bell were anywhere near the set when the fire broke out...

"

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-11-21

But after seeing many members of the team, including Owen Wilson, running out of the building and some using fire extinguishers to put out the fire,

Source: http://englishnews.t...-scene-lampang/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-21

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Edited by PeterSmiles

LOL biggrin.png

Well exactly. A fire in a building gets the forensics guys out and about.

I can answer it perfectly. The so called safety guy who has little experience of managing a major hollywood shoot, along with the pyro guy who has little experience of such a big production, told the director, "Mai bpen arai, loo laoew", 1000 times, whilst they were hooking this stuff up, and they accidentally set fire to some stuff in the roof that they had no idea was flammable.

So what would be the recommendation from this very serious investigation?

A. Don't do explosions?

B. Don't have movies?

C. Make sure that you have very best and most experienced people to manage a film instead of having local employment restrictions?