What is 555 and TiT?

scubascuba3

Apparently '555' is 'HaHaHa' - I'll leave it to the Thai speakers on the board to explain that one. 'TiT' is 'This is Thailand', and it's an ironic reference to the many contradictions which abound in the Land of Smiles. e.g. 'Low season - no customer - raise prices. TiT !'

• Like 2

Apparently '555' is 'HaHaHa' - I'll leave it to the Thai speakers on the board to explain that one. 'TiT' is 'This is Thailand', and it's an ironic reference to the many contradictions which abound in the Land of Smiles. e.g. 'Low season - no customer - raise prices. TiT !'

Land of smiles might have been what it stood for but that has been superseded for eons by 'Land of Scams'

I do welcome the OP's honesty, and find it very refreshing, the majority get off the plane and have acquired several PhD's on the realm before they have had their first breakfast after their arrival. coffee1.gif

Painter house Decorator ! ?blink.png

Of course - 'ha sip baht' - apologies for my ignorance.

Land of smiles might have been what it originally stood for but that has been superseded for eons by 'Land of Scams'

I do welcome your honesty, and find it very refreshing, the majority get off the plane and have acquired several PhD's on the realm before they have had their first breakfast after their arrival. coffee1.gif

Edited by johnlandy
  • Like 1

Land of smiles might have been what it stood for but that has been superseded for eons by 'Land of Scams'

I do welcome the OP's honesty, and find it very refreshing, the majority get off the plane and have acquired several PhD's on the realm before they have had their first breakfast after their arrival. coffee1.gif

More aptly named "land of dogs'

How could that happen?

Obviously it has to be, that the dogs invaded the land?

Spaniel, you have been around a while! I don't think many of the people here have been in Thailand as long as some of us. You are exactly correct, TIT was coined by our favorite writer in Bangkok for so many years, Bernard Trink. Only thing is the column was the Nite Owl. But.. I don't give a hoot!!

• Like 1

I do welcome the OP's honesty, and find it very refreshing, the majority get off the plane and have acquired several PhD's on the realm before they have had their first breakfast after their arrival. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

Then we get the ones who have been here a while and just hang around the tourist spots that are the target for all scam artists around the world and never get out to see Thailand.

Don't know what they call these marks here in Thailand but in Mexico was white legs.

If you have to ask what 555 and TIT is on this forum, then I think you need to get out more. What is there to discuss about it?

Absolutely nothing. but it is nice to know what they mean.smile.png

Land of Scams? For eons? Never heard of it and I've been in Thailand for many years.

Better yet ... Land of Disgruntled Expats."

• Like 1