Honda PCX-good or bad bike?

rayinkrabi

I never seen a PCX with front basket, best option is a rear top case.

I find the storage under the seat sufficient for my use.

Not likely possible for a test ride at a dealer. What convinced me buying one was I rented one on Phuket twice during mini holidays and I knew I wanted one.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have to change or modify the seat as I found the original with the bump just not in the right place for me, otherwise an excellent bike. Reported experiences of shuddering at take off after 1000 km's, which I have experienced on mine too but just rev a bit higher - not sure if it will become an issue or not.

I also have a Click 125 which is also very good - depends on what you need the bike for. Here in Phuket with all the hills the 150 is a better option.

OP, let me put it to you this way, in my opinion PCX is the Ferrari of Scooters, and after you ride one, you will not feel comfortable riding any other scooter.

It is smooth, it is comfortable, it is powerful enough and is easy to ride, not to mention fuel efficient.

I had 2, but now upgraded to Forza.

Yes there are better bikes out there, but those cost more and are in different league.

When it was initially released 125cc, price was 70K, i bought mine in the first week it was for sale. It sold really well, so prices started to go up and reached mid to high 80K,

To stay competitive, Honda brought out 150cc and kept prices somewhat appropriate.

Edited by lemoncake

The only annoyance I had with the rental PCX was the absence of a hook. I am guessing one can be installed though (especially given that I saw one today with a cup holder.... ). No hook makes the PCX less practical than a Scoopy for a quick trip to 7/11 which is a bit odd. Sure it has the huge underseat storage but a hook is way faster and more flexible.

The front basket on the Wave etc is not a very good idea to begin with so I didn't miss that. Things flying off of it, things blocking the light at night, things getting bounced out of it on a pot hole - all happened on my trusty old Wave125.

Edited by nikster

The only annoyance I had with the rental PCX was the absence of a hook. I am guessing one can be installed though (especially given that I saw one today with a cup holder.... ). No hook makes the PCX less practical than a Scoopy for a quick trip to 7/11 which is a bit odd. Sure it has the huge underseat storage but a hook is way faster and more flexible.

The front basket on the Wave etc is not a very good idea to begin with so I didn't miss that. Things flying off of it, things blocking the light at night, things getting bounced out of it on a pot hole - all happened on my trusty old Wave125.

Hook is an issue,some have attached hooks, but i would not recommend it because not only it looks ugly but also not very practical and does break.

Worse case if one really needs to carry shopping, can put the box in the back. I usually just hanged all shopping on the handles.

I have an Okky strap secured to the mirror arms. Wrapped around 3 times left to right, right to left and back it carries a lot of weight in the 2 hessian shopping bags we use. The weight is closer to the centre line of PCX. I hate heavy weight on the bar ends.

Good bike.

After so many positive comments on this bike I'm not even going to push for a test ride after all as I understand being able to actually 'try out a truck or bike here is a major 'inconvenience' to the dealers.

I know I could rent one for a few days and I was tempted to early on but even this seems pointless as I'm by no means expert so wouldn't really appreciate the technical differences from other bikes some of you experienced guys have discussed on this forum over the years. I like it so I'll get it.

One small hitch tho, I'm very fond of my old Honda Wave with it's front basket...how do I fit one on the PCX? smile.png (in matte black of course as I wouldn't want to spoil the appearance).

Hi ray,

Ive just ordered mine & was wondering whether you have found a basket for the Pcx? I would like to fit one to mine for extra storage space, im not too worried about the colour as you could easily get it sprayed to match the bike.

Good bike.

After so many positive comments on this bike I'm not even going to push for a test ride after all as I understand being able to actually 'try out a truck or bike here is a major 'inconvenience' to the dealers. 

I know I could rent one for a few days and I was tempted to early on but even this seems pointless as I'm by no means expert so wouldn't really appreciate the technical differences from other bikes some of you experienced guys have discussed on this forum over the years.  I like it so I'll get it. 

One small hitch tho, I'm very fond of my old Honda Wave with it's front basket...how do I fit one on the PCX? Posted Image (in matte black of course as I wouldn't want to spoil the appearance).

Hi ray,

Ive just ordered mine & was wondering whether you have found a basket for the Pcx? I would like to fit one to mine for extra storage space, im not too worried about the colour as you could easily get it sprayed to match the bike.

Why not a top box?

Only difference is top box is installed to rear instead of front and you can also lock it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All sorted smile.png checked out 6 dealers in Krabi town, there are many many more but it was getting tedious and a pattern had already emerged. Prices quoted from mostly unenthusiastic 'sales staff' (cheesy.gif ) were up to 82k so I went back to the original shop I first saw the bike, big place on the corner a couple hundred metres past Vouge on the left.

Some confusion at first as I was quoted 78k a couple of weeks ago but now 80k...luckily the owner, Mr Eh, was there, very friendly and helpful plus he speaks excellent English, we quickly agreed at 79k all inclusive. I was interested in the finance over 2 or 3 years at the 1.5% p.a. the staff quoted me but Mr Eh explained this is a monthly %...so def not the good rate I thought..cash it is then.

I also got 10% discount off a nice matte black Sharkey full face helmet (4,800 bht) which fits nicely under the seat..but only just!

Mr Eh even starting preparing a PCX for a test ride for me but I realised the staff were extremely busy due to a Honda audit so I declined, to be fair I had already decided and paid the deposit so am prepared to wait till I get it...which I'm now told by my GF can not be until the next 'Lucky Day' which is the 3rd or better still the 5th Dec !! No worries, I can wait.

Thanks all for your comments, Ray.

w

I don't get why the price difference between the matt black and the gloss black.

It wasn't that long ago when a white truck / car was the cheaper option but now they want around 3k more for white...they're simply playing on the market demand..can't blame them I s'pose as it's always about making money.

I don't get why the price difference between the matt black and the gloss black.

the matte black one has stripes, red painted caliper, red rear shock springs...maybe that's why ?

apparently the matte black model is 3,000 b x/tra.......

don't do gloss black anymore......white, red, brown and matte black....all with black plastics.....

the matte black one has stripes, red painted caliper, red rear shock springs...maybe that's why ?

apparently the matte black model is 3,000 b  x/tra.......

don't do gloss black anymore......white, red, brown and matte black....all with black plastics.....

Is that new because every white PCX I've seen had horrible brown plastics ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

brown plastics changed in favour of black circa 3 yrs ago.....

Edited by piston broke
  • Like 1

brown plastics changed in favour of black circa 3 yrs ago.....

Not correct, my white PCX from last year have lady boy red pannies. Gotten used to them now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good thread and thanks to all that have bothered to contribute...now am proud owner of a PCX since the 5th Dec and no regrets at all. All feels good altho I don't use it that much, having said that a couple of mates have taken her for a 'spin' and are really impressed, including my mate Baz (who mucked in with the joke about the front basket) smile.png he's a serious biker but admits if he was to go for a 'scoot' this is the one. Each to their own I guess.

Happy and safe biking everyone. Cheers, Ray.

• Like 1