Every Day I Have To Log In

JetsetBkk

Delete your thaivisa.com cookies in your browser. The cookie may have got corrupt, and deleting it will create a new fresh one.

Thanks George. I had to log in again this evening. So I've deleted all the cookies that match "Thaivisa", logged out and in again.

I'll report tomorrow if all is OK.

I had to sign in again this morning. sad.png

I think I know what the problem is, but it also means I don't understand as much as I thought I did about cookies. blink.png

I think the problem is that I recently changed my Firefox's "Tools/Options/Privacy" settings to:

Accept cookies from sites
Accept third-party cookies: From visited
Keep until: I close Firefox

If I recall correctly, the previous settings were:

Accept third-party cookies: Always
Keep until: They Expire

I assumed the cookies that keep me logged in to Thaivisa were "First party" cookies and wouldn't be affected by this change which deletes "Third party" cookies when I close Firefox.

Can anyone confirm that this is the likely cause?

I think the problem is that I recently changed my Firefox's "Tools/Options/Privacy" settings to:

As you have found out," Keep until: I close Firefox" means exactly what it says. The moment you close Firefox, all the cookies that got downloaded during your browsing session get deleted on your computer. As far as I know, Firefox does not offer the possibility to configure it in such a way that it will delete only third party cookies with that setting and keep first party cookies.

• Like 1

As you have found out," Keep until: I close Firefox" means exactly what it says. The moment you close Firefox, all the cookies that got downloaded during your browsing session get deleted on your computer. As far as I know, Firefox does not offer the possibility to configure it in such a way that it will delete only third party cookies with that setting and keep first party cookies.

Thank you Maestro. I had assumed that the "Keep until:" field applied to only the third-party cookies as it was directly under the "Accept third-party cookies:" option:

post-35489-0-18336900-1385308672.jpg

But it is in the "Accept cookies from sites" section, so probably does apply to all cookies - that would fit in with what is happening.

So I have changed the "Keep until:" setting to "they expire".

I'll let you know tomorrow what happens! biggrin.png

post-35489-0-18336900-1385308672_thumb.j

I had to log in again this evening, at about 6:20 PM.

Here are the Thaivisa cookies listed using Firefox's Tools / Options / Privacy / Show Cookies, after I logged in:

Name Expires

awpopup_611887606 03 December 2013 06:20:27 PM
member_id 25 November 2014 06:21:55 PM
pass_hash 02 December 2013 06:21:55 PM
ipsconnect_b5...30 02 December 2013 06:21:55 PM
rteStatus 01 January 2020 07:00:00 AM
coppa At end of session
modtids At end of session
session_id At end of session

I then deleted all of them, one by one, and went back to the Forum Support page.

I was already logged out.

So I logged in again at about 6:43 PM and checked my cookies again:

Name Expires

awpopup_611887606 03 December 2013 06:42:03 PM
member_id 25 November 2014 06:43:13 PM
pass_hash 02 December 2013 06:43:13 PM
ipsconnect_b5...30 02 December 2013 06:43:13 PM
rteStatus 01 January 2020 07:00:00 AM
coppa At end of session
modtids At end of session
session_id At end of session

The "member_id" cookie appears to last a year.

The "pass_hash" and "ipsconnect" last about a week.

The last three expire at the end of the session, which means they expire when I close Firefox.

Can anyone figure out if there is something wrong with these cookies?

Maybe even check their own cookies and expiry dates and see if they are similar to mine?

It's not a big deal having to sign in every day, but I'm curious as to why it is happening as I believe I have set up Firefox correctly.

I didn't look at TV yesterday, but did today and the problem seems to have gone away - I was still logged in.

So there are still some questions about cookies that I think need answering, but I'm not pursuing just now.

• Like 2

This is a touch off topic maybe, but not completely? I like to delete my cookies when I close. That keeps anyone else from logging into my accounts when I let someone else use my computer. I do it manually by History> delete recent history in case I don't want them deleted.

I have a free program called LastPass. Every time I log into an account it asks me if I want to remember the user/pass. If I click "yes" then it gives me options such as automatically log on, require me to enter my LastPass master user/pass again, or never, or whatever.

When I delete the cookies, LastPast also goes off. When I open the browser, I first click on the LastPass icon and it pops up and asks for its master password. Once I enter that, it will then log me into all sites I've asked it to. I have told it not to remember my bank stuff, or paypal user/pass and a couple of others. But sites like this automatically log me in, and fast.

Here's the best part. My user/pass for all of my sites are encrypted by the software on my computer and sent to the cloud. Then if I need to use a different computer somewhere, or get a new computer, I can quickly install this small free proggy, enter my user/pass for it anywhere, and it's ready to go, remembering all of my stuff for all of my chosen sites. As the software retrieves the data, the computer unencrypts it on the computer and uses it to log me in.

At any time I can click on the LastPass icon, see all of my recorded sites, and change the login method for any of them. It requires my password again to make any changes.

In theory, I never again have to remember a single user/pass except for the master LastPass, and my banking and paypal and eBay.

Did I say it logs you in automatically really fast when you go to a site?

• Like 1