Legal age of consent in Thailand 16 or 18

quiuvo

To the OP though, if you seriously have to ask this question, then you really need some help. Thai girls in their early 20s look young enough to fufill your underage teenage desires without having to worry about if your doing anything illegal.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangarang, no she isn't young enough to be my grand daughter. I think most men like to have women that they find attractive and sexually interesting as a partner. Why would you want to have a woman that you don't find attractive and sexually interesting as a partner unless your are a very insecure person and you are afraid that if you have an attractive partner, someone will come and steal her away from you.

Replace the word "men" with "women" and you get what im on about. Fact is that older guys state about not wanting to be with similarly aged women etc etc, but dont consider how it must feel for their young wives seeing their old wrinkly bodies. But you have the financial upper hand, so thats the price she has to pay.

My ex wife was a good looking young woman ... and middle aged woman.....and old woman she was still good looking. She was what most people would refer to as a trophy wife. After we got a divorce she dated nothing but millionaires. I met all the millionaires because we shared custody of the children for a couple of years till the kids went to college. Gee the guys had beautiful homes and cars. One had a zoo and another had what looked like royal gardens. They were all nice guys, treated the kids well (I asked). They all asked her to marry. She married one. Do you know why? Was it his appearance of body shape? Nope. He was the first millionaires who didn't ask her to sign a pre nup. Jane Fonda divorced Ted Turner. He was a rich guy, 9 billion dollars. He lost 8 billion in a bad business deal and she divorced him. Imagine that? An old guy (75) worked hard all his life built the business (CNN and others) and made one bad decision. Not only did he lose most of his money but his trophy wife divorced him the same year. Being a rich guy is not always easy. Sometimes love hurts.

Edited by thailiketoo

Granted there is a grey area there I admit, but a 60+yr old pining over teen-twenties is just plain and morally wrong.  Educated or not I couldn't imagine attention-span lasting long with mobile phones/instagram/facebook/ect... unless the old geezer is a sugar daddy. But even then thats bad no matter what culture your a part of. 

"Plain and morally wrong"... according to who?

My personal lower limit has been 30 years of age since I was in my mid-30s. But that is to do with mental maturity and potential common interests and life experiences, not due to some artificial concept of morality.

If it "creeps you out" to see some old geezer with a younger lady, look away.

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bangarang, no she isn't young enough to be my grand daughter. I think most men like to have women that they find attractive and sexually interesting as a partner. Why would you want to have a woman that you don't find attractive and sexually interesting as a partner unless your are a very insecure person and you are afraid that if you have an attractive partner, someone will come and steal her away from you.

Replace the word "men" with "women" and you get what im on about. Fact is that older guys state about not wanting to be with similarly aged women etc etc, but dont consider how it must feel for their young wives seeing their old wrinkly bodies. But you have the financial upper hand, so thats the price she has to pay.

My ex wife was a good looking young woman ... and middle aged woman.....and old woman she was still good looking. She was what most people would refer to as a trophy wife. After we got a divorce she dated nothing but millionaires. I met all the millionaires because we shared custody of the children for a couple of years till the kids went to college. Gee the guys had beautiful homes and cars. One had a zoo and another had what looked like royal gardens. They were all nice guys, treated the kids well (I asked). They all asked her to marry. She married one. Do you know why? Was it his appearance of body shape? Nope. He was the first millionaires who didn't ask her to sign a pre nup. Jane Fonda divorced Ted Turner. He was a rich guy, 9 billion dollars. He lost 8 billion in a bad business deal and she divorced him. Imagine that? An old guy worked hard all his life built the business and made one bad decision. Not only did he lose most of his money but his trophy wife divorced him the same year. Being a rich guy is not always easy. Sometimes love hurts.

Thats so far from the point. Once a greedy B**** always a greedy B**** doesnt matter how old you are and Jane Fonda proves that. But also referring to a wife as a Trophy wife is like calling someone your possession, no real connection at all.

"1. trophy wife

A young, attractive woman married to an older, more powerful man.

His role in the relationship is to be her sugar daddy and provide her with power and material wealth. Hers, beyond providing sex, is to remind others that he is powerful or rich enough to be desirable to such a woman despite his age and thus to serve as a marker of this status -- hence the "trophy" part. A specialized type of gold digger.

it creeps most people out, and if you were honest about it probably creeped you out at one point too. Fact is, however, you see it so often here it would be impossible to look away, so you get immune to it. Then a friend visits or something, and they are horrified, and suddenly you see through their eyes again.

Granted there is a grey area there I admit, but a 60+yr old pining over teen-twenties is just plain and morally wrong. Educated or not I couldn't imagine attention-span lasting long with mobile phones/instagram/facebook/ect... unless the old geezer is a sugar daddy. But even then thats bad no matter what culture your a part of.

My personal lower limit has been 30 years of age since I was in my mid-30s. But that is to do with mental maturity and potential common interests and life experiences, not due to some artificial concept of morality.

Im 30 and I couldnt imagine dating someone 60, thats just gross. The whole point stems from the initial OP question referring to the YOUNG girls. not the ones currently in their prime. What common interests and life experiences would you get from girls in their early 20s and younger? Enlighten me?

I fear for when my daughter is older with the thai teenage boys/sextourists/sexpats. Maybe its easy back in the US when you mainly have to worry about the teenage boys.

My ex wife was a good looking young woman ... and middle aged woman.....and old woman she was still good looking. She was what most people would refer to as a trophy wife. After we got a divorce she dated nothing but millionaires. I met all the millionaires because we shared custody of the children for a couple of years till the kids went to college. Gee the guys had beautiful homes and cars. One had a zoo and another had what looked like royal gardens. They were all nice guys, treated the kids well (I asked). They all asked her to marry. She married one. Do you know why? Was it his appearance of body shape? Nope. He was the first millionaires who didn't ask her to sign a pre nup. Jane Fonda divorced Ted Turner. He was a rich guy, 9 billion dollars. He lost 8 billion in a bad business deal and she divorced him. Imagine that? An old guy worked hard all his life built the business and made one bad decision. Not only did he lose most of his money but his trophy wife divorced him the same year. Being a rich guy is not always easy. Sometimes love hurts.

Thats so far from the point. Once a greedy B**** always a greedy B**** doesnt matter how old you are and Jane Fonda proves that. But also referring to a wife as a Trophy wife is like calling someone your possession, no real connection at all.

"1. trophy wife

His role in the relationship is to be her sugar daddy and provide her with power and material wealth. Hers, beyond providing sex, is to remind others that he is powerful or rich enough to be desirable to such a woman despite his age and thus to serve as a marker of this status -- hence the "trophy" part. A specialized type of gold digger.

Men work for women. You don't really think guys get rich because they like dressing sharp. The richer you are the better looking, more intelligent, more talented is your wife. News to you?

There is two ways for a Western man to get a beautiful, intelligent and talented wife. Stay in the West and make a fortune or retire in Thailand.smile.png

Turner got Fonda and I got Lek.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

it creeps most people out, and if you were honest about it probably creeped you out at one point too. Fact is, however, you see it so often here it would be impossible to look away, so you get immune to it. Then a friend visits or something, and they are horrified, and suddenly you see through their eyes again.

So what? Is it somehow damaging to you to be offended by something?

Granted there is a grey area there I admit, but a 60+yr old pining over teen-twenties is just plain and morally wrong.  Educated or not I couldn't imagine attention-span lasting long with mobile phones/instagram/facebook/ect... unless the old geezer is a sugar daddy. But even then thats bad no matter what culture your a part of. 

Im 30 and I couldnt imagine dating someone 60, thats just gross. The whole point stems from the initial OP question referring to the YOUNG girls. not the ones currently in their prime. What common interests and life experiences would you get from girls in their early 20s and younger? Enlighten me? 

I fear for when my daughter is older with the thai teenage boys/sextourists/sexpats. Maybe its easy back in the US when you mainly have to worry about the teenage boys.

I cannot enlighten you, as I would not be with a lady that young, except perhaps as a casual acquaintance (read: she brought me a drink in a bar).

We all fear for our daughters everywhere in the world (mine is 12 years old, in Thailand). I do not fear for her any more or any less here than I would in USA. I worry most about the young Thai boys, who have not been taught fact one about biology and birth control.

"1. trophy wife

Men work for women. You don't really think guys get rich because they like dressing sharp. The richer you are the better looking, more intelligent, more talented is your wife. News to you?

There is two ways for a Western man to get a beautiful, intelligent and talented wife. Stay in the West and make a fortune or retire in Thailand.smile.png

Turner got Fonda and I got Lek.

Well then my friend you need to re-evaluate what a quality relationship is all about. My beautiful thai wife which is a year younger than me doesnt care how much money I have. Less than a year a go I had less than 500thb in the account and couldnt care less. Its not about how much money you have its about how much respect and attention you give her. Money and looks only go so far. Its all about real connections and what im saying is that the odds of that happening with a 60+/20 age gap, you really need to have your head examined.

Granted there is a grey area there I admit, but a 60+yr old pining over teen-twenties is just plain and morally wrong. Educated or not I couldn't imagine attention-span lasting long with mobile phones/instagram/facebook/ect... unless the old geezer is a sugar daddy. But even then thats bad no matter what culture your a part of.

I cannot enlighten you, as I would not be with a lady that young, except perhaps as a casual acquaintance (read: she brought me a drink in a bar).

We all fear for our daughters everywhere in the world (mine is 12 years old, in Thailand). I do not fear for her any more or any less here than I would in USA. I worry most about the young Thai boys, who have not been taught fact one about biology and birth control.

Nope, I dated 2 older women a few years ago, and seriously its hard to find a deep connection. Granted I was 25 and they were close to 40 but I just couldnt do it and made me feel weird after a while. One was japanese and the other was thai so ofcourse they looked younger than 40 but mental connections were hard to maintain

Edited by bangarang

Raise your daughter right and you shouldn't have to "fear for your daughter".

Also, in the US there are plenty of older guys looking for younger girls. Its hardly shocking. Its been going on since the dawn of time. Men are attracted to pretty women. Women's outward "prettiness" tends to peak when they are "younger". Again, how is this so shocking to people? LaraC would you be upset about a 60 yr old woman holding hands with a 25 year old guy walking down the street?

I think if you are really worked up about older guys going with younger girls (of course im talking over 18) then you need to realize that:

*No matter what way you try to explain how it grosses you out, you are being judgmental regarding a relationship between two consenting adults. Akin to being grossed out by two gay guys IMO. You don't have to like it, just like, in my view, you don't have to "like" gay marriage or people who eat meat (if you are a vegetarian) or anything else that is a personal choice*

• Like 1

Sorry, my wife owns her own business and did so before I met her. She is independent and has no need for me or anyone else financially.

You can read the legal statutes here - Thailand Criminal Law

I found this in this law:

"Any person, being over sixteen years of age, subsists on the earning of a prostitute, even it is some part of her incomes, shall be punished with imprisonment of seven to twenty years and fined of fourteen thousand to forty thousand Baht, or imprisonment for life.

Any person has no other apparent or sufficient means of subsistence, and:

Is found residing or habitually associating with one or more prostitutes;

Takes board and lodging, or receives money or any other benefit arranged for by a prostitute; or

Take part in order to help any prostitute in her quarrel with her customer,"

I tried to comprehend the meaning of this clause but I almost gave up. Anybody smarter than me?

Does it mean that people in whole strip bar streets should be in jail?

I do not lie awake at night worrying about things, but all fathers 'fear' for our daughters...that is implicit in our job description. Your statement leads me to believe you do not have a daughter...I might be wrong on that.

That said, I can say with a very high degree of certainty that my daughter is one of the few in her age group that truly understands human biology as it pertains to 'where babies come from'. I taught her, with my wife as translator, when the daughter had her first period. The wife was not on board initially, but I insisted and we got through it. Sure there were some embarrassing moments, but embarrassment never hurt anyone. And a few uncomfortable moments sure beats having a daughter pregnant in her mid-teens due to ignorance.

I also made it clear to the daughter that when the need arises I will supply condoms no questions asked.

• Like 1

I do not lie awake at night worrying about things, but all fathers 'fear' for our daughters...that is implicit in our job description. Your statement leads me to believe you do not have a daughter...I might be wrong on that.

That said, I can say with a very high degree of certainty that my daughter is one of the few in her age group that truly understands human biology as it pertains to 'where babies come from'. I taught her, with my wife as translator, when the daughter had her first period. The wife was not on board initially, but I insisted and we got through it. Sure there were some embarrassing moments, but embarrassment never hurt anyone. And a few uncomfortable moments sure beats having a daughter pregnant in her mid-teens due to ignorance.

I also made it clear to the daughter that when the need arises I will supply condoms no questions asked.

you are right on both accounts; i apologize and wish I could take back that statement.

it is natural to fear for your daughter no matter how well you raise her.

Edited by kblaze

Well said and well done

That is interesting to hear but why did you need your wife to translate for you? Why doesnt she speak both languages whichever your main might be?

I have a long ways to go as my daughter is nearly 1yr now but she is my first and any pointers help. I always prefer the positive methods rather than negative as I know kids always love to rebel at some point or another so forbidding anything can have some huge consequences.

Edited by bangarang

That is interesting to hear but why did you need your wife to translate for you? Why doesnt she speak both languages whichever your main might be?

To be 100% precise she is my stepdaughter and lived with her father's mother when she was younger. Also, the amount of time I spent in Thailand has been limited due to work requirements, so her English is very limited...we are working on that.

you are right on both accounts; i apologize and wish I could take back that statement.

it is natural to fear for your daughter no matter how well you raise her.

No harm, no foul...I did not take your comment as a slight in any way.

I have an 18 year old son from my first marriage. He is a good kid and has no interest in getting into the sort of nonsense that I did at that age. But even if he did, I could relate and handle problems that might arise.

Females are a mystery to us men, regardless of their age.

To be 100% precise she is my stepdaughter and lived with her father's mother when she was younger. Also, the amount of time I spent in Thailand has been limited due to work requirements, so her English is very limited...we are working on that.

Ahh gotcha, that makes sense

I have a long ways to go as my daughter is nearly 1yr now but she is my first and any pointers help. I always prefer the positive methods rather than negative as I know kids always love to rebel at some point or another so forbidding anything can have some huge consequences. 

All we have to do is look around here and get firsthand knowledge of how well Thai sex education works.

My wife and I had this conversation:

Me: "What did Maae Lom tell you about sex when you were young lady?"

Wife: "Mom tell not do"

Me: "What will you tell Kim (daughter) about sex?"

Wife: "Same as Mom tell me."

Me: "Mai dai...we will tell a bit more."

I once was told that 16 is the legal age of consent for ladies to have sex if no money was involved. I was then told by many Thais that it is 18. Which one is it?

You really are everything that is bad about foreigners in Thailand. You are obviously interested in having sex with young girls, girls who are desperate for money. You make me sick.

• Like 2

You can read the legal statutes here - Thailand Criminal Law

I found this in this law:

"Any person, being over sixteen years of age, subsists on the earning of a prostitute, even it is some part of her incomes, shall be punished with imprisonment of seven to twenty years and fined of fourteen thousand to forty thousand Baht, or imprisonment for life.

Any person has no other apparent or sufficient means of subsistence, and:

Is found residing or habitually associating with one or more prostitutes;

Takes board and lodging, or receives money or any other benefit arranged for by a prostitute; or

Take part in order to help any prostitute in her quarrel with her customer,"

I tried to comprehend the meaning of this clause but I almost gave up. Anybody smarter than me?

Does it mean that people in whole strip bar streets should be in jail?

I think that is the part of the law that addresses the role of the pimp

No body should have to know this here, unless you are 16 or 17 yourself.

It seems like a lot of adults sit trying to calculate how young they can go and still be within the law. If you are doing that, you may be a pedo.

I thought pedophiles were those who had sex with prepubescent children. I beleive the age of pubery is between 10 and 13 for most girls. WAnting to have sex with a 16 year old would not called pedophilia but perverted.

I once was told that 16 is the legal age of consent for ladies to have sex if no money was involved. I was then told by many Thais that it is 18. Which one is it?

You really are everything that is bad about foreigners in Thailand. You are obviously interested in having sex with young girls, girls who are desperate for money. You make me sick.

I couldn't agree more with you.

This post showed perverts, then pedo and incest.

Really sick to see. About the guy who say if you don't like to see old man with young girls look somewhere else. I tell you 2 things:

-If I'd see you with an underaged girl in the street I'd punch you in the face.

-This is really wrong in many ways, just take a look at yourself in the mirror next to her and dare to say its "ok"!

I wish a mod close this topic unless you want thaivisa forums to look like a pedobear forum.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more with you.

This post showed perverts, then pedo and incest.

Really sick to see. About the guy who say if you don't like to see old man with young girls look somewhere else. I tell you 2 things:

-This is really wrong in many ways, just take a look at yourself in the mirror next to her and dare to say its "ok"!

I wish a mod close this topic unless you want thaivisa forums to look like a pedobear forum.

How would you know if the young lady someone was with was a date or daughter? Do you normally go around punching men walking with their children?

• Like 2

About the guy who say if you don't like to see old man with young girls look somewhere else. I tell you 2 things:

My daughter and I go to the market almost every evening to buy food for dinner. I guess I will be on the lookout for some psycho to randomly swing on me.

Let's see who wins that one.

About the guy who say if you don't like to see old man with young girls look somewhere else. I tell you 2 things:

My daughter and I go to the market almost every evening to buy food for dinner. I guess I will be on the lookout for some psycho to randomly swing on me.

Let's see who wins that one.

Your answer is even more disturbing: do you have the same attitude with your gf/wife than with your daughter when you out? You know exactly what I meant about my previous post.