Paying Air Asia by Online Direct Debit using SCB

vagabond48

I want to buy AA tickets online and pay by Direct Debit.

I have a basic savings account with Siam Commercial Bank.

I didn't get their debit card because I didn't think that I needed one.

To pay online using Direct Debit option, can I pay using my SCB passbook account number or would I need to get a SCB debit card?

Ask Air Asia !

I did try to reach them including using chat.

So back to my original inquiry.

I am hoping for people with knowledge using the direct debit option with a SCB account to reply.

1. Try the AirAsia Thailand call centre number, easy to find on their website, not difficult in my experience.

2. Use NokAir, you can pay at 7/11.

I always pay via direct debit SCB, but you need online banking: provide debit card number, log in, give your credentials, might send you an sms with a code to input on payment screen.

I just topped-up my mobile via SCB online and had to input a code I got by sms, don't remember the exact procedure for AA though.

Edited by tartempion

I never spotted a Direct Debit option, but I have paid via SCB bank transfer, I believe you just log in to online banking and make a transfer with a reference number - no need for a debit card. Is this what you're referring to?

I am a bit confused. Are you referring to buying and paying for AA online?

When you purchase AA online, it brings you to a Review and Pay web page with 3 tabs, Credit Card/Debit Card, E-Gift Voucher, and Direct Debit.

Which option do you use to pay AA Online or do you do it a different way that I am not familiar with?

When you purchase AA online, it brings you to a Review and Pay web page with 3 tabs, Credit Card/Debit Card, E-Gift Voucher, and Direct Debit.

Which option do you use to pay AA Online or do you do it a different way that I am not familiar with?

I just ran through a test order - yep I usually do the Direct Debit one, it's been a while so I forgot the intricacies but I don't believe you need a debit card.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

I just ran through a test order - yep I usually do the Direct Debit one, it's been a while so I forgot the intricacies but I don't believe you need a debit card.

When you continue after selecting SCB, next web page reads

Identification Card Number _____________________

So to confirm, you enter your SCB bank account number instead of the debit card number?

Thanks again for your replies.

So to confirm, you enter your SCB bank account number instead of the debit card number?

I put my passport number there personally, I didn't go further this morning than the page after this step, but I think it triggers a log in to SCB online banking whilst keeping a reference to the Air Asia transaction

I put my passport number there personally, I didn't go further this morning than the page after this step, but I think it triggers a log in to SCB online banking whilst keeping a reference to the Air Asia transaction

That's what I was mentionning in my reply above somewhere facepalm.gif