Allegations of physical abuse by Computer Teacher at East Pattaya School

webfact

The only thing children learn from being hit by a superior is that hitting those who are smaller and/or weaker than you is ok. When they get older, they will hit back, not their teacher, but their wives, girlfriends, children or whoever else with inferior physical strength they may think deserve it.

The only thing children learn from being hit by a superior is that hitting those who are smaller and/or weaker than you is ok. When they get older, they will hit back, not their teacher, but their wives, girlfriends, children or whoever else with inferior physical strength they may think deserve it.

Rubbish. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I was caned every morning for two years starting when I was eight years old on my left hand till it swelled up. I was left handed and dyslexic. Later I had to learn to spell ten words a day and it I misspelled any of then I was given six of the best for each misspelled word. I cursed that teacher and spate on his grave after he was run over. I know we should forgive and forget but I cannot and never will and I still have problem's spelling and cannot write with my left hand or my right as my right hand has now got the shakes. I am writing this using a computer touch typing with my left hand but can only type with my forefinger on my right hand

I was caned every morning for two years starting when I was eight years old on my left hand till it swelled up. I was left handed and dyslexic. Later I had to learn to spell ten words a day and it I misspelled any of then I was given six of the best for each misspelled word. I cursed that teacher and spate on his grave after he was run over. I know we should forgive and forget but I cannot and never will and I still have problem's spelling and cannot write with my left hand or my right as my right hand has now got the shakes. I am writing this using a computer touch typing with my left hand but can only type with my forefinger on my right hand

Yeh, there were odd ball teachers out there, witnessed it, thats why things changed I suppose. But, overall punishment did bring us in line using rational punishment.

Yeh, there were odd ball teachers out there, witnessed it, thats why things changed I suppose. But, overall punishment did bring us in line using rational punishment.

did all that caning on your backside bruise your brains?

Edited by harrry

I was caned at least three times when I was at school and I deserved it.

Nothing else works for teaching the little buggers how to behave and obey the rules.

If caning truly teaches a child how to behave, as you assert, how come you needed two more canings?

I'm 75, and assumed I was fairly reactionary, but the Neanderthal remarks of some of you guys on the merits of physical abuse for schoolkids makes my old jaw drop in sheer disbelief.

I love it when people say that being physically abused and humiliated by an adult didn't do them any harm, and then go on to write something which demonstrates the opposite!

Apart from any other consideration, caning and other physical punishment without parental consent

is against the law in Thailand and has been for years.

I learned this after my oldest stepson complained he had been caned (for something he hadn't done, as it happens).

The little bully of a teacher was unrepentant until I showed him and the headmaster a copy of the law. Then, grudgingly, my wife and I got an apology and an assurance of no further abuse.

There's enough violence in the world already, and particularly in a macho society like Thailand. The last thing we need is lessons in sadism at school.

So why don't you share with us exactly HOW you would get students to stop fighting or putting gum in girls hair or smoking in the bathroom or bullying another student.....exactly WHAT would YOU do if you have already tried keeping after school or doing clean up type tasks and NONE of it changes the behavior one bit? I understand that there is plenty of violence in the world already but frankly I really do not think getting a few whacks on the rear end when all else has failed is exactly sadism. When a few kids constantly disrupt a class they are depriving the other students who may WANT to actually learn. I suppose we could just expel the troublemakers rather than whack them but then you have probably made them even worse as they now are dropouts with no education.

Sure you could call in their parents and tell them that little somchai is a bully and that the parents have to control him.....that "might" work...or they might take little somchai home and beat the living crap out of him.

Look, if it's against the law then it's against the law. What's don't you understand?

did all that caning on your backside bruise your brains?

Must admit I never had the cane, slipper yes. I used my head to avoid painful stuff. smile.png