Yingluck asks protesters to leave her son alone, as Harrow school denies any breach of security

Lite Beer

He is directly benefitting from the corruption of his family. Didn't this kid get a preferential treatment for the manchester united game? Aren't there smarter kids in this country that don't have to opportunity to go to an international school?

I think its fair game. Look at his decadent lifestyle and tell me he is innocent.

As you're so well informed about Yingluck's son, why don't you tell us all about his "decedent lifestyle"?

hHs 'decadent lifestyle' includes his own full size football pitch to train on for his future career at Chelsea in his back garden.

What?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is directly benefitting from the corruption of his family. Didn't this kid get a preferential treatment for the manchester united game? Aren't there smarter kids in this country that don't have to opportunity to go to an international school?

I think its fair game. Look at his decadent lifestyle and tell me he is innocent.

As you're so well informed about Yingluck's son, why don't you tell us all about his "decedent lifestyle"?

hHs 'decadent lifestyle' includes his own full size football pitch to train on for his future career at Chelsea in his back garden.

What?

Your unaware of his own full size football pitch in his back garden ????

What?

Your unaware of his own full size football pitch in his back garden ????

That's normal. Cheerleaders would be decadent.

• Like 1

Great.

So the school is basically calling the prime minister a liar.

Yingluck didn't actually say protesters blew whistles at her son, but she did want it to sound that way.

Sent from my phone ...

True. I don't think the statement from the school rules out parents blowing whistles at her son either though. Just refutes rumours of security breaches. I could totally believe a parent would do something like that, but at the same time, I'm sure it's not going to damage him for life. Anyway, now that someone has died and the situation has become so much more grave, this whole story looks quite absurd in comparison. I am slightly disappointed in Khao Sod though. I know they're the pro-govt equivalent of The Nation, but I expected them to be somewhat more scrupulous with sources than this. They've just printed story provided by a member of the PM's team as though there were no chance biased soure could have lied or exaggerated. Like The Nation, I don't think they'd fabricate something, but they are selective with sources and careful to frame things in a particular way.

And you don't believe that the headmaster knows who writes the most checks that pay his salary and dances to their music? Doubt if many red shirt kids attend that school.

Great.

So the school is basically calling the prime minister a liar.

or the son a liar, to protect the schools reputation. My son was bitten at school and when we confronted the head master she said it never happened even when we showed her the bite mark on the arm. They still swore black and blue they watch all children at all times and there was no way it could happen our son was lying.

Private schools are more concerned about money than the kids and if it is considered that they can't watch and protect the kids constantly even from bullying then the parents may take the cashbags out.

Harrow school cannot afford bad news like this.

Their only option is to tell the truth. You think the pupils don't have Facebook and would spread the truth if the school lied.

I don't believe this story for one second. How dumb would the school look if they were found publicly to be lying?

It might be interesting to know how many poor redshirt families send their kids to expensive international schools such as Harrow Int. and then compare the numbers with the yellowshirt families...

I guess when it costs around 5K just to sit the entrance exam, 200K for enrolment fees and up to 750K tuition fees per annun not to mention books, uniforms and other expenses I would guess there would be very few. I definitely couldn't afford it.

I would believe the statement from Harrow as opposed to anything that comes from a Shinawatra

Harrow's have a reputation to protect and charge huge fees. They don't want parents pulling their kids out if the parents think they may be in harms way. They have to protect the reputation of the school at any cost. It is a business.

Has to be up there with the best of the "I wish I hadn't said that" comments.

At least you are smart enough not to use your real name as your username.

So, y'all doubt that someone would let their emotions get the better of them and take it out on Yingluck's son when even supposedly better edumacated Falang on TV would advocate the exact same thing? Sounds plausible to me. As is the possibility that it was entirely fabricated. Who knows?

As to the political elite going to expensive private schools...is there any country where this is not the case? Probably somewhere in Scandinavia. Obama's kids are at an exclusive private school, as were all his predecessor's. It's shocking to everyone that the political elite in Thailand from every party and shirt colour are outrageously rich and privileged? Is there a coffee shortage that is preventing you from waking up?

What's particularly interesting is how the Falang have adopted the emotions of the Thai and sided with one or the other in this fight, throwing their supposedly better judgement and experience out the window in the process.

• Like 1

Like I said yesterday, there was no breach of security. YL and Co. are trying to get sympathy through their false reports. Shame on YL for pimping her son out like that.

What mother on earth would instill a plan to the opponent side to harm her own son? Even though she is a prime minister, she is still a mother who would never ever think of endangering her own kid. If your mom has a plan to rid of you, let me know. I can be wrong because I know my parents have only good intention for me.

The same sort of mothers who hold their babies up on barricades in front of soldiers.

The same sort of mothers who take their children to red shirt rallies knowing their is a potential for armed violence with bullets whizzing around.

The story was run yesterday, and was quickly debunked as fake, now Yingluck has decided to milk it anyway.... That sort of mother.

She and her propaganda team have surely now made this kid a target... shame on them.

• Like 1

Sounds like she's losing it - starting to believe the scam stories put out by her brother's goon squads to get sympathy (remember all his assassination plot scares). Time for her to take a long holiday in the safety of Dubai and get her head back together. I can recommend Sherbourne International School Qatar for Nong Pike.

Edited by Dogmatix

So her son doesn't go to a Thai national school? Isn't that one of the things the reds have a pop at Abhisit for?

That's right. But you can't blame her, seeing the poor job that even a Thai private school and CM uni did for her. Now that money is no object for the Shin clan, Nong Pike deserves a better start in life. Hopefully he can get into a much better overseas uni than Kentucky State.

So her son doesn't go to a Thai national school? Isn't that one of the things the reds have a pop at Abhisit for?

That's right. But you can't blame her, seeing the poor job that even a Thai private school and CM uni did for her. Now that money is no object for the Shin clan, Nong Pike deserves a better start in life. Hopefully he can get into a much better overseas uni than Kentucky State.

Don't blame her at all. It's the hypocrisy of having a go at Abhisit for pretty much the same thing that gets to me.

Why on earth would anyone believe that Yingluck would not stoop to issuing erroneous statements about her son in order to garner sympathy. Her whole family have had absolutely no qualms of doing exactly the same to Isan residents for more than a decade. A vile, manipulative and morally bankrupt family clutching at straws.

• Like 1

the first line is BS

She said the protesters should vent out their anger at her, not at her son,

If I remember correctly she changed the location of a meeting so thast they could not blow whistles at her.

I do agree that any one outside of students should stay away from the boy. I would not shed a tear if an adult doing any thing got them selves slapped silly.

As for the other students blowing whistles at him. Well sad to say that is just part of school in this day and age. Students should not bully but they do and I see no reason to exempt one and not all of them from it. that is a problem facing all schools no matter how hi so so they be.

It would be a good indeed great thing to wipe it out but I don't see that happening at all.

Maybe some of these posters that talk about their civilized countries will come along and enlighten us as to how their civilized country ended it.

If people have objections and issues with a family or, in this case, the 'Mother and uncle, why take it out on an innocent child? This in itself is cowardice just as the mob fighting in Bangkok are showing theirselves as cowards friend fighting mob handed. The government are no better by letting them carry on this way. I have no interest what over in politics so, as long as it doesn't affect me or my family I really don't care what people do. It does male me angry though at the bought of people targeting or using a child to vent their anger at an adult. There are two sides to this, yingluk could be using the story to get sympathy or the headmaster of the school is denying everything because he wants to save his school from and negative reports. The PM's son should have a bodyguard with him anyway so, if it is going on, the by is certainly not doing their job. Hope it all get sorted out one way or another soon.

So...this story was debunked as fake...by whom?

The director came out and said it didn't happen?!

Aha...sure ...he could not be telling a lie to protect his esteemed institution!

Lies are exclusively for Thaksin and Red-shirt supporters.

I personally don't believe the story is true, but I am not at church, so believe doesn't count for much now, does it!?

I am very familiar with Harrow Bangkok and have several Thai friends/acquaintances with children there.I never discuss politics with them:they would be amazed if they knew my views.They would I imagine all be opponents of this government to a greater or lesser degree.What I find quite impossible to believe is that they would stoop to the level of blowing whistles at a child because of that child's parent's political position.That would show a lack of class which would be wholly out of character.

For once I have to agree with you. My experiences with Thai friends and acquaintances who have children at Harrow are the same. I have no idea of their political views as its never discussed. I really could not imagine any of them acting like this to a child, for any reason.

Like I said yesterday, there was no breach of security. YL and Co. are trying to get sympathy through their false reports. Shame on YL for pimping her son out like that.

What mother on earth would instill a plan to the opponent side to harm her own son? Even though she is a prime minister, she is still a mother who would never ever think of endangering her own kid. If your mom has a plan to rid of you, let me know. I can be wrong because I know my parents have only good intention for me.

She may be a mother, but she is a Shinawatra first.

After seeing what her evil brother did in 2010, forcing that stupid protest to get to the stage where people on both sides were killed or injured, all in the name of spite, nothing that family stoops to would surprise me. bah.gif

• Like 2

Aha...sure ...he could not be telling a lie to protect his esteemed institution!

I personally don't believe the story is true, but I am not at church, so believe doesn't count for much now, does it!?

"Lies are exclusively for Thaksin and Red-shirt supporters."

At least part of the post had some truth in it ! clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I am very familiar with Harrow Bangkok and have several Thai friends/acquaintances with children there.I never discuss politics with them:they would be amazed if they knew my views.They would I imagine all be opponents of this government to a greater or lesser degree.What I find quite impossible to believe is that they would stoop to the level of blowing whistles at a child because of that child's parent's political position.That would show a lack of class which would be wholly out of character.

For once I have to agree with you. My experiences with Thai friends and acquaintances who have children at Harrow are the same. I have no idea of their political views as its never discussed. I really could not imagine any of them acting like this to a child, for any reason.

Exactly, and in the age of smart phones and Facebook, they could have had their face on the internet in seconds.

This is a non story and if anyone thinks that the school policy would be to lie, then you don't know much about English public school.

What if they lie and something really happens duh? Then they are in double trouble and their reputation is completely in tatters. If there is anything amiss they will deal with it.

"Lies are exclusively for Thaksin and Red-shirt supporters."

At least part of the post had some truth in it ! clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Remember, what I told you in my PM?

Just do it...we all will profit!

• Like 1

He very well may grow up and carry the Shinawatra torch.

I certainly hope he is as smart as his Uncle, said it before, say it now - Taksin was a rich man before he was elected, like any business man, he is in business to make money.............once he was elected, he followed countless others' footsteps and continued to make money - I have no ill feelings on that subject.cool.png.pagespeed.ce.jz1nB6CMOI.png

This thread has managed to stay live despite the facts being ignored, namely the child is not in the country and nothing actually happened...

The child I believe goes to Harrow Int in BKK, if the child wasn't at that school then the Headmaster would've said so. Why do you keep saying the child isn't in the country, have you told his parents and the school? They may be concerned.