Dental, implants, fillings $$

Showbags

Can someone tell how much implants cost in Bangkok please.

Think that is what they are called, where you get a permanent tooth screwed in.

Also the average cost for a filling if possible etc.

Some of the big inter hospitals are a ripoff, but prices to compare with the west would still be appreciated, but also where to go for best quality and price.

Friend wants to come over to get some work done, so advising him prices.

Thanks

It's called a "dental implant," yes... If there isn't a root (or the existing root structure is insufficient) to install a crown, they put a screw post into the bone to create a firm base to which a permanent new (and practically indestructible) tooth can be affixed. I got a quote in the U.S. of $5,000 and up to get this done to replace just one molar. (!).

I'd also be very interested to hear what the average price would be in Thailand for such an implant. Also, any recommendations for dentists/oral surgeons who have strong reputations... I'm guessing that for the price of doing this in the U.S., one could pay for a round trip plane ticket plus hotel and food on Thailand and get the work done, at equal quality, to boot... But that's just a hunch...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The cost of such implants is advertised all over Thailand in the many many dental clinics. It is around 50,000 baht. However, they can apparently take months to complete, so can the OP stay that long?

Fillings are not expensive ( probably around 5,000- don't remember off hand ) and vary depending on the clinic. A crown can be done for 11,000 at a very good ( expensive )clinic, decreasing at cheaper clinics.

Google Grace Dental Clinic for prices. That is probably the top clinic in Chiang Mai, and certainly costs a lot, but worth it.

In Bkk, I used Bumrungrad Hospital. Clinics would probably be cheaper. Pattaya has good clinics and accomodation is cheaper.

Hunch is somewhat right, but I have heard that these implants cost similar prices to the west here, seems the material to make them is the costly bit and does not reduce the whole price that much...which I find unusual considering labour cost and all here and if the cost in the west is $5000 as you say, for sure the dentists there are making huge profits over and above the material cost.

Two years ago I paid 28,000 bahts for a porcelain canine implant and 6,000 for a root canal + filling.

My local dentist works during the day at a private clinic and in the evenings she is running her small dental cabinet.

My teeth jobs were not able to be done at her own place ; but she dealt with her boss -at the clinic- and got me a serious "discount".

Prices quoted on that clinic website were starting at USD 2,000 for an implant ; which was according to her a blatant rip off.

So I would suggest you to shop around, or even better consult first a low profile dentist, before signing up with one of these teeth factories.

The cost of such implants is advertised all over Thailand in the many many dental clinics. It is around 50,000 baht. However, they can apparently take months to complete, so can the OP stay that long?

Fillings are not expensive ( probably around 5,000- don't remember off hand ) and vary depending on the clinic. A crown can be done for 11,000 at a very good ( expensive )clinic, decreasing at cheaper clinics.

Google Grace Dental Clinic for prices. That is probably the top clinic in Chiang Mai, and certainly costs a lot, but worth it.

In Bkk, I used Bumrungrad Hospital. Clinics would probably be cheaper. Pattaya has good clinics and accomodation is cheaper.

Well, my mother just had one:

repair the structur, artificial bone...one visit than wait a couple of month.

Than put in the screw, than wait a couple of month

than finish it.

so as you say it needs month, but most of the time nothing is happening and the waiting times between can be longer than necessary. So you could come to Thailand every 6 month (than it depends on the airplane costs more than on the implants).

Or you stretch it to 8-10 month and call it a holiday?

Well, my mother just had one:

repair the structur, artificial bone...one visit than wait a couple of month.

Than put in the screw, than wait a couple of month

than finish it.

so as you say it needs month, but most of the time nothing is happening and the waiting times between can be longer than necessary. So you could come to Thailand every 6 month (than it depends on the airplane costs more than on the implants).

Or you stretch it to 8-10 month and call it a holiday?

In Thailand are not worth to go if you think only get one implant
but if your local dentist wants to charge $ 6 000 - 7000 $, then think about going to another country for dental care

Can someone tell how much implants cost in Bangkok please.

Think that is what they are called, where you get a permanent tooth screwed in.
Also the average cost for a filling if possible etc.

check prices and dentists at www.thaidental.co/thailand-dentists-prices

• Like 1

Root canal for 12000 baht is expected, but root canal and implant for 12000 baht??? A single implant alone is around 40000-50000 Baht already.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about. I got a new tooth anyway and it seemed the same process as I went through in Europe. So what did I get?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Root canal for 12000 baht is expected, but root canal and implant for 12000 baht??? A single implant alone is around 40000-50000 Baht already.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about. I got a new tooth anyway and it seemed the same process as I went through in Europe. So what did I get?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

A copy implant...

12k would likely cover RCT and crown upcountry. But not an implant which is a complex process of drilling jawbone and screw type insert of new tooth into the jawbone. Indeed that would run at least 40k and is not done at normal dental shop (although there are many that do it in major locations).