New Tesco between Chalong circle and Central

flip

It's good to have variety so close together. No need for going North anymore

Exactly - We stopped using BigC & Lotus on the bypass years ago. Gave up with BigC Patong quite a while back due to road chaos, actually gave up when Carrefour sold out. Tried Makro on Nanai but it's quite limited, eg no toiletries, limited soft drinks (and hard drinks/beer). I rarely go there now, especially as Nanai road traffic is a nightmare.

I can't see how they have got away with such a pathetic exit/entry area on such a busy road. Chaos will reign supreme. I see another underpass coming.............

Yes, it will create a bottleneck.

Don't forget the cement factory directly opposite that has trucks coming and going every few mins.

I can't see how they have got away with such a pathetic exit/entry area on such a busy road. Chaos will reign supreme. I see another underpass coming.............

Yes, it will create a bottleneck.

Don't forget the cement factory directly opposite that has trucks coming and going every few mins.

To true and dont forget to throw the PTT station into the mix.

• Like 1

It's interesting that the signage outside the building says 'Department Store'. Within that context, I'd imagine that there would only be a small food section, or perhaps none at all, instead only household goods/clothing etc etc. I believe that there are quite a few independent stores in there also, one of which is advertising opening on 6th December (Friday).

Hmm...think I just read in the newspaper from the city of angels that Tesco have worldwide financial problems so what is the point with opening more stores! The one on bypass road have been in a mess for the best part of this year and at the last visit I did at the one in Thalang it seems that also slowly heading the same way!

• Like 1

It's not that bad.

The same thing happens at the PTT station just up the road.

What happens now, is that the PTT and Tesco turn in and outs are virtually synchronized.

Come on. It's terrible.

Concrete trucks come and go all day opposite.

It was banked up to shanti lodge Soi yesterday afternoon before the cops came to direct things.

The Mom and Pop shops opposite the PTT have people parking in the emergency lane so nobody can get past when someone is turning right into tesco.

It's another bottleneck that will claim lives.

I was in there today but did not see everything inside. Supermarket looked quite large but not sure on the layout (in the original one I cannot figure out why all the everyday items are a long way up the back of the store now). Not packed like I thought it would be. Really no shaded parking apart from a few next to the store which are marked for people with small kids which "I am sure everyone will adhere to".

• 2 weeks later...

The only gripe I have is traffic management. At the very least they could have built 2 exit lanes so that those turning left would not get stuck behind those wanting to turn right. It is not as though there is a shortage of space. Supermarket design looks much better than the original store where they have placed all the everyday items way down the back (a totally useless revamp IMO).