farangs all times insulting thai people on forum here

koratesanguy

That's not true. I pointed that out. And you started flaming.

Before you engage me, get your facts straight or expect your error to be pointed out.

What is not true? received a [/size]MPA degree (specialization in [/size]Management Information Systems) from [/size]Kentucky State University in 1991.[/size]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yingluck_Shinawatra

Before i engage you? i am sick and tired of you, just like another posterrolleyes.gif

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sure does,

It has been discussed endlessly that the term farang is somewhat offensive, yet you still have your quality foreigners who defend the use of it

and call others idiots who prefer not to be addressed in that manner.

It is inappropriate and ignorant, even Google translate does not have it https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#auto/th/foreigner

Yes it does.

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#auto/th/westerner

You do not know the difference between Westerner and Foreigner?

Yes, of course I do. But I'm not sure what that's got to do with anything.

You said the term farang was offensive. You said even Google translate didn't have it. I was giving you a link to show you that, yes, Google translate does have the word 'farang'. And of course you'd be more likely to find it under 'westerner' than you would 'foreigner', considering what the word means.

It sure does,

It has been discussed endlessly that the term farang is somewhat offensive, yet you still have your quality foreigners who defend the use of it

and call others idiots who prefer not to be addressed in that manner.

It is inappropriate and ignorant, even Google translate does not have it https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#auto/th/foreigner

Yes it does.

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#auto/th/westerner

You do not know the difference between Westerner and Foreigner?

Yes, of course I do. But I'm not sure what that's got to do with anything.

You said the term farang was offensive. You said even Google translate didn't have it. I was giving you a link to show you that, yes, Google translate does have the word 'farang'. And of course you'd be more likely to find it under 'westerner' than you would 'foreigner', considering what the word means.

Do you think its offensive to say something like " all you asians are look alike"? i am almost certain it is and it would offend.

Not all foreigners are westerners, calling all "white" looking people all alike is very offensive but does show the ignorance.

Australians, Kiwi's, Russians and the rest of the Eastern Block, and the rest of Pacific and alike are not westerners by definition

You will not find any well respected lawyer or a doctor refer to you as "farang", mos certainly not in your presense.

When you walk into a shop, you often hear something like "mum, farang here" instead of "mum, have customer"

Often when i go shopping and speak Thai, i get a the silly look followed by "farang speak Thai clear", if you were of Asian appearance and went shopping somewhere in the English speaking country, how would you feel if they screamed out, "wow, Asian can speak English"?

For country with so many rules and ways to show respect and make sure not to offend, Thai sure do not seem to follow it when it comes to dealing with foreignerswai.gif

• Like 1

@lemoncake.

Yeah, I was just pointing out that Google translate does have the word 'farang'. I'm not in charge of Google or whether Thai people use the word rightly or wrongly. smile.png

It does for Westerner not for Foreigner and to be correct we are Foreigner, NOT Westernersthumbsup.gif

I want to say some replys to things that I read have being said for that I write here before. I reading that many say I not thai guy . that is wrong to say because

I am thai person . I come from village in korat my age 24  I married with 1 baby boy 4 age years. now I in pattaya work in hotel checking customer in and out

at recepton desk. in march I go back home when high season ending . now because my english not so good for writing what to say I ask my frend to help me

because he have much better English.and he ask meto write best I can and I saying sorry for mistake spelling and not say the way for understanding better

by some people here thai visa.

many of you have said very  things which is correct about Thailand and thai people. I agreeable that good and bad existing not just Thailand but most countries 

where you come from before Thailand. I get sad in heart when hereing about not good things happen to forenerrs by thai people. is same when I hereing

that foreners do wrong things to thai people to. nowhere is perfect place with perfect people. I wanting to be good person not lie cheat and make problem

for any one thai or forener.

in last 4 days because of problems about goviment in Bangkok is when I see on here thai visa people have writen saying we not having same intelict same as

you and we not capable for ourselves and other things that are insult to thai people and Thailand, that is reason  today I make this forum about farang/s.ok I

reading that some of you are not liking that word been called and I not thinking it problem saying and I try not say again here when I writing.

I not know  about  red bull thing that I read some person make reply to me, and I not know about troll ? mean  I not have my book with engilsh meanings here

at work maybe is just being fun that is doing , I not sure if is correct because I not making fun or joke.

we thai people will be able to progressing Thailand in future time after there is better education for us, we wanting to learn from mistake past happening/s and

problem/s. we able then to move on and foreners who having Thailand there home here can be a part of Thailand same way as all thai people. these things I

hope can be done and happening in future. thank you for trying  understanding what I say , because is good for make frend/s not good make enemes with  foreners

or thai.

Well, I read about respecting Thai culture and that Thailand is for Thais, etc. Respect is earned, not granted. You seem to love seeing foreigners inferior to yourself. You make fun of them, you scam them, you discriminate against them even in commerce, your xenophobia is legendary, and all you want is our money without giving us any rights. You have monks who are thieves and crooks, but you never protest against them. You have a whole gang of people following an agitator and not blinking an eye when the "pacific" demonstrations turned to violence? You talk Thai at table when foreigners are sitting with you? Sorry, but that begets no respect whatsoever from me. Especially when you guys are unable to understand the very concept of criticism. Your laws allow no freedom of expression and your police is corrupt.

And you wonder why we find Thailand a retarded country, and the Thais a bunch of nationalistic racist greedy bigots?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

To start with, if you want to be respected, how about NOT referring to us in rather derogative term such as "Farang"

The thread could be closed with just this statement, as it hits the nail right on the head.

hmmm the first time I have seen a supposed Thai use an "s" to make the word "farang" plural. (I see farang do it all the time, never Thais though.

Initially it seems a hard effort to disguise a Farang as a Thai,I will keep reading from page one,for now though definately a Post designed to provoke!

My fren she speak truth same Buddha my fren he

my fren he speak she no good tell she fren me him she not thai why speak like this

I see many time my fren he always go internet and yak yak too much no good

why my fren he together my fren she fren can be true buddy but cannot true same same cat and dog boxing

I speak you so listen your fren me like good person who have care from everyone

all people in Thailand have only farang not thai you not like visit haliday that true

Thailand not same same australi you want australi you go haliday and not speak bad thailand

not speak bad too much and we all have happy

That's more Port Moresby than Phuket ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiri_Motu

I also put in my vote for a this being phony Thai post. I think its a farang troller..,

...but I'll still point out that there's a 99.999% chance that a Thai language forum exists where all the ideas that Thai children are taught at home and in school about how awful farang are and how perfect Thai people are exists, and what is said is a lot worse. My Thai isn't very good yet, but I know people who have been here a long time and they have told me that many bad things are said about farang among the Thai people. They can often hear the insults and childish comments when at the market, etc.

I also put in my vote for a this being phony Thai post. I think its a farang troller..

Agreed! and it's making me embarrased,it's so amateur!

Edited by MAJIC

There are ex pats here who learn Thai and are interested in Thai culture and there are loads who don't bother, which is their perogative. Personally I have my doubts about the authors written English from a supposedly uneducated Thai, just a personal opinion. I do have to agree though that it takes a bit of patience being insulted every day in a racist way by the local population. I just tell myself they don't know better and it doesn't matter but sometimes I long to turn round and say <deleted>, I have been known to say 'this faring understands ' but rarely bother .

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To be honest, the whole learning Thai thing is a big let down. It's not like they are discussing Stephen Hawkings latest book or the GDP growth potential for the BRIC economies.

Egg prices and soap operas. That's about it.

To start with, if you want to be respected, how about NOT referring to us in rather derogative term such as "Farang"

yeah! why do you call us foreigners? call us brothers!

signed:

Naam who was/is called...

-in Saudi Arabia "Franjieh"

-in Iran "Ferang"

-in Afghanistan "Ferang"

-in Pakistan "Ferangi"

-in India "Ferangi"

mind you! Farang, Farong, Farung, Furlong, Fareng, Forong, Ferong is an insult!

l-dog%20small.jpg

So where are you from?

My fren she speak truth same Buddha my fren he

my fren he speak she no good tell she fren me him she not thai why speak like this

I see many time my fren he always go internet and yak yak too much no good

why my fren he together my fren she fren can be true buddy but cannot true same same cat and dog boxing

I speak you so listen your fren me like good person who have care from everyone

all people in Thailand have only farang not thai you not like visit haliday that true

Thailand not same same australi you want australi you go haliday and not speak bad thailand

not speak bad too much and we all have happy

That's more Port Moresby than Phuket ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiri_Motu

Boleh, "australi" is indo speak.

Edited by RandomSand

I want to say some replys to things that I read have being said for that I write here before. I reading that many say I not thai guy . that is wrong to say because I am thai person . I come from village in korat my age 24 I married with 1 baby boy 4 age years. now I in pattaya work in hotel checking customer in and out at recepton desk.

If Thai people want respect from foreigners, the first thing they have to do is stop sending their daughters to work as prostitutes, especially in places like Pattaya.

Is London, Nevada, Hamburg, Amsterdam or Kings Cross OK?

"Is London, Nevada, Hamburg, Amsterdam or Kings Cross OK?"

I've never heard of any Daughters being sent to these places! for that purpose.Perhaps you could explain?

• Like 1

I want to say some replys to things that I read have being said for that I write here before. I reading that many say I not thai guy . that is wrong to say because I am thai person . I come from village in korat my age 24 I married with 1 baby boy 4 age years. now I in pattaya work in hotel checking customer in and out at recepton desk.

If Thai people want respect from foreigners, the first thing they have to do is stop sending their daughters to work as prostitutes, especially in places like Pattaya.

Not cool.

Personally I don't lose respect for a whole nation of people because some might do sex work...

...That would just be very prejudiced, no ?

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1

Thai people learn from an early age "we must take advantage of farangs so they don't take advantage of us" and in my opinion many Thai people do everything they can to take advantage of foreigners. This inspires a lot of disrespect from foreigners.

Here's another helpful tip in order to gain respect from foreigners: Clean up your sex industry!!! No more nonsense excuses! For many foreigners, Thailand is known ONLY for prostitution.

If Thai people REALLY wanted to clean it up, they would, no problem. This points to the root of the problem: many Thai people are crazy obsessed with money.

Thai people: accept responsibility for your behavior and the true state of your society and take genuine steps to improve. Get over your childish obsession with losing face. Foreigners will see these and appreciate and respect Thai people.

@FiftyTwo, I wonder if you could answer me a very simple quesiton - as a percentage of the total adult female population in Thailand, roughly what percentage would you say are actively involved in each of the following:

- manufacturing on behalf of foreign multinational companies (clothing, cars, TVs, computers and other electronics)

- the Farang-oriented sex industry

- the Thai-only sex industry

Just rough percentages.