farangs all times insulting thai people on forum here

koratesanguy

Khun Koratesanguy, unfortunately there will always be people who believe their purpose on life is to insult others, feel they are above the people around them, and act superior. As you have read, you have already met a few of them. Some of the posters don't even live in Thailand let alone have ever visited here. You should be able to tell which ones simply by their ignorance. But believe me, there are people who actually live in Thailand and respect the culture and the people. And most of us tolerate and ignore the immature and tasteless rantings of those affected by simply stupidity. Take it in stride, mai pen rai.

What these people do not consider is a simple fact. Go back 50 years, Thailand did not have a functioning organized education system. At least not to western standards. People lived a simple life that was void of many of the newest inventions and ones they had were outdated. Only those with wealth could enjoy modern improvements. Thailand has come a long way in only 50 years and are still advancing. It takes time to grow as a country. In order for any society to grow, it needs to incorporate new ideas from successful countries. It needs to ask for help and not only accept criticism but also understand it. But it takes time to educate the masses. It isn't done over night.

So simply put, the people who criticize the less educated are just pompous asses. Every country has problems with their own society in one way or another. Just read the international news. No nation is above reproach. They all suck. People don't want to hear about or face their own countries problems so they insult the local population. It proven by what is often posted on ThaiVisa.

• Like 2

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OP,

First, thank you for your English language post as a Thai person.

Many of us 'farangs' are taught to question everything in the world around us. So, we are very critical people.

It means we do not just accept things like Thai people accept things.

For Thai people, if they see a person driving on a bike without a helmet, they think it is Thai culture.

For 'farangs', we think it is unsafe and irresponsible. We don't care so much about culture.

Thai people usually have the goal to have harmony. No conflict. Peaceful. This Thai culture is beautiful, but it has a price.

The price is that many Thai people cannot think clearly about Action & Consequence.

So, many falangs like me, we complain about it. However, even though we complain, it does not mean we don't love many things about Thailand. I have Thai family who I love. But I still think many things that Thais do are dumb.

Also, most falangs will complain just as much or more about farang countries.

Thank you ...you said better than I did.

• Like 1

OP,

First, thank you for your English language post as a Thai person.

Many of us 'farangs' are taught to question everything in the world around us. So, we are very critical people.

It means we do not just accept things like Thai people accept things.

For Thai people, if they see a person driving on a bike without a helmet, they think it is Thai culture.

For 'farangs', we think it is unsafe and irresponsible. We don't care so much about culture.

Thai people usually have the goal to have harmony. No conflict. Peaceful. This Thai culture is beautiful, but it has a price.

The price is that many Thai people cannot think clearly about Action & Consequence.

So, many falangs like me, we complain about it. However, even though we complain, it does not mean we don't love many things about Thailand. I have Thai family who I love. But I still think many things that Thais do are dumb.

Also, most falangs will complain just as much or more about farang countries.

thank you I understand what you saying

• Like 1

Khun Koratesanguy, unfortunately there will always be people who believe their purpose on life is to insult others, feel they are above the people around them, and act superior. As you have read, you have already met a few of them. Some of the posters don't even live in Thailand let alone have ever visited here. You should be able to tell which ones simply by their ignorance. But believe me, there are people who actually live in Thailand and respect the culture and the people. And most of us tolerate and ignore the immature and tasteless rantings of those affected by simply stupidity. Take it in stride, mai pen rai.

What these people do not consider is a simple fact. Go back 50 years, Thailand did not have a functioning organized education system. At least not to western standards. People lived a simple life that was void of many of the newest inventions and ones they had were outdated. Only those with wealth could enjoy modern improvements. Thailand has come a long way in only 50 years and are still advancing. It takes time to grow as a country. In order for any society to grow, it needs to incorporate new ideas from successful countries. It needs to ask for help and not only accept criticism but also understand it. But it takes time to educate the masses. It isn't done over night.

So simply put, the people who criticize the less educated are just pompous asses. Every country has problems with their own society in one way or another. Just read the international news. No nation is above reproach. They all suck. People don't want to hear about or face their own countries problems so they insult the local population. It proven by what is often posted on ThaiVisa.

thank you , I not write on forum here for boxing or make problem with farang I only saying to them please not write so much words that sounding insult to us. I understand what you write and is good from good person I can tell. I sory that some think I not thai they have that right to think what they wanting is not problem for me but I thinking is problem for them people maybe

thank you , I not write on forum here for boxing or make problem with farang I only saying to them please not write so much words that sounding insult to us. I understand what you write and is good from good person I can tell. I sory that some think I not thai they have that right to think what they wanting is not problem for me but I thinking is problem for them people maybe

Google translate is not working for you. Get an educated Thai or any foreigner to translate for you before using Google translate...

OP, try talking to a Thai that has relocated to faragland to see how they are treated, taken care of, THEN, you might understand stuff a little better.

Near forgot, those Thais who do/did relocate to farangland are accepted in a couple of years and become part of that country.

Different story for us taking care of Thai folk in Thailand isn't it.

In the west, people expect you to integrate. In Thailand, people don't want you to integrate.

You can say "Thailand is for Thai people" as often as you want, but Thailand - as well as every other country - will always have foreigners. You better get used to live among people who think differently.

And is generally better for the presence of well meaning, generous and caring foreigners......(not all I grant)

If you haven't already figured out; you should stop referring to all westerners as "farang." It is absolutely not part of Thai "culture," it is a bad habit reflecting the xenophobic mindset of most Thai people. If you think it is part of your "culture" then you know very little about your history or people and are doing much to embarass them and make them look silly.

By using the term the way you are, you are also being extremely disrespectful to westerners. Would you like it if we referred to you with a term that lumps together Thais with Cambodians etc.? I think not.

If you want mutual dialogue you should learn how mutual respect works first; unfortunately you sound like you don't; sounds like the typical "don't say anything that might make me lose face even if its true because I'm Thai" to me.

• Like 1

I think he sounds very Thai.

So OP...take a look around, open your eyes and see if what you see is all ok?

How many people killed on the roads here?

Why most people never wear helmets on bikes?

Why a thai family on a bike, the rider will wear a helmet, but carrying a child without?

Why do I see little kids climbing over the front seat of cars with no seat belt as dad flogs down the road at 100kph ++?

Why do you vote in leadership that rapes and pillages your country?

Why is your police force considered an embarrassment?

Why is the red bull heir not in jail?

That'll do for now lets see how you go with them first.

don't many people get killed on roads in your country ? no forget that is many more population in Thailand .

helmets are hot waering. and not comfertable

does not goviment in usa do the same to American people, destroying by greed for richs ( yes I make s after word because imeaning much money

police do best they can do most times . who you call for first when against you have crime problem or acident?

who is red bull ?

I was right, must be thai, stoopid answer.

• Like 1

who is red bull ?

Cover well and truly blown. Don't food the trool.

I am sory but I do not know what you talk about red bull ? what is blown ? not understand

Just think about all the energy drinks sold in Thailand with the Red Bull symbol. However, to help you out a URL below explaining the Red Bull heirs criminal action, the attempted cover up by his family and the RTP total failure to bring him to justice. Surprised that you are unaware of this incident as extensively covered and criticised on Pantip.com and other Thai language media.

http://www.stasiareport.com/the-big-story/asia-report/thailand/story/red-bull-heirs-hit-and-run-case-adds-thai-cyncism-about-the

Blown, short for "blown your cover", means poster believes you are falsely presenting yourself as a Thai for the above reasons.

Edited by simple1

I doubt the OP is what he says he is ...

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Totally agree. Completely fake post.

Edit: Have you ever heard a Thai say the word "vacant"??

many airlines have chair vacant on plane every day

Edited by partington

Why a thai family on a bike, the rider will wear a helmet, but carrying a child without?

Why do I see little kids climbing over the front seat of cars with no seat belt as dad flogs down the road at 100kph ++?

don't many people get killed on roads in your country ? no forget that is many more population in Thailand .

does not goviment in usa do the same to American people, destroying by greed for richs ( yes I make s after word because imeaning much money

police do best they can do most times . who you call for first when against you have crime problem or acident?

who is red bull ?

definitely fake, as you read each succesive post the style gets worse to cover each complaint, this is a total dud. No thai can mention police without the bribes they need to pay top get them to do anything, this is just a troll postclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by seajae

who is red bull ?

definitely fake, as you read each succesive post the style gets worse to cover each complaint, this is a total dud. No thai can mention police without the bribes they need to pay top get them to do anything, this is just a troll postclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

OR, somebody blind to facts.............whistling.gif

To start with, if you want to be respected, how about NOT referring to us in rather derogative term such as "Farang"

is our custom word for all foreners from western . is not meaning bad sounding, if you not respect our culture and ways how can you wanting us respecting you ?

thailand is for thai people, and many foreners have come here for living and they very happy all thing thai. some living here not happy with our culture, we not make

them stay here in Thailand. many airlines have chair vacant on plane every day

Khun Koratesanguy, I'm sorry that you have to endure this sort of abuse. Your English is simply not strong enough to deal with the native English speakers. I'll concede that there are many idiot farangs on this forum...especially the ones who keep complaining about the word "farang." Most of us know that this is not a derogatory term. In fact, we in America use similar terms to describe all people from Asia (Asian) or Latin America (Hispanic). In Korea, Japan, and most other countries, they have similar terms to "farang."

I don't know why some farangs can't get it through their thick heads, but don't bother trying to explain it to them. I have tried and I am a native English speaker. Just know that there are idiot farangs in Thailand and leave it at that.

To start with, if you want to be respected, how about NOT referring to us in rather derogative term such as "Farang"

is our custom word for all foreners from western . is not meaning bad sounding, if you not respect our culture and ways how can you wanting us respecting you ?

thailand is for thai people, and many foreners have come here for living and they very happy all thing thai. some living here not happy with our culture, we not make

Khun Koratesanguy, I'm sorry that you have to endure this sort of abuse. Your English is simply not strong enough to deal with the native English speakers. I'll concede that there are many idiot farangs on this forum...especially the ones who keep complaining about the word "farang." Most of us know that this is not a derogatory term. In fact, we in America use similar terms to describe all people from Asia (Asian) or Latin America (Hispanic). In Korea, Japan, and most other countries, they have similar terms to "farang."

I don't know why some farangs can't get it through their thick heads, but don't bother trying to explain it to them. I have tried and I am a native English speaker. Just know that there are idiot farangs in Thailand and leave it at that.

Perhaps the ''farang'' word should be left out of the topic, has no real relevance to the OP's gripe.

Perhaps the ''farang'' word should be left out of the topic, has no real relevance to the OP's gripe.

I second that motion. But just wait until some other dope comes out of the woodwork to complain about it.

• Like 1

hmmm the first time I have seen a supposed Thai use an "s" to make the word "farang" plural. (I see farang do it all the time, never Thais though.

If he is a farang then he has sound knowledge of Thai language because it is structured like how a Thai person would write it.

For long time I read bad things that many farangs write about us here. you making complaints about everything and telling us what we should be do.

we not like and thinking it is wrong for doing. many farangs have come to Thailand and marry and make children is happy and good for doing and they

accept our culture and ways living life in thai style.

Is correct that there is problem with govement with many things, and is exactly same way with govements in other countrys farangs coming from before

Thailand. thai people do not say to your govements what to do or making insults to you all the same ways that many you say about us.

I knowing many farngs are good people who help thai in villages all over Thailand and make our country there home , but I also knowing that there

being many farangs who coming here to live and enjoying all that is good about Thailand but they complain about everything because they not understanding

our culture. and they not happy about anything that is why they all times complaining.

We most thai people are not being rich and have everything that farangs having easily, but we trying all times to be good supporting our familys, we are sorry

when we reading and hearing farangs saying we not have intelligent more like farangs having. that is wrong and should not continue for make insults to thais.

Don't take it personally, the farangs who insult Thai people insulted everything back in their home country. They're just miserable people who aren't happy with anything.

cough cough...apologist...cough cough

• Like 1

I doubt the OP is what he says he is ...

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Totally agree. Completely fake post.

Edit: Have you ever heard a Thai say the word "vacant"??

many airlines have chair vacant on plane every day

Not 'vacant' but yesterday I heard a young girl (who works in a 7-11) use the word 'renovate' in the correct connotation...

koratesanguy

I have lived in many countries and one thing that never changes is that foreigners always complain about the country they are in. If an Englishman lives in Germany he will complain about Germany. If a German lives in England he will complain about England. And if a Thai lives in England he will complain with his Thai friends about England. Its just a fact of life.

Some of the complaints are fair and some are not fair. But also people just enjoy complaining and sometimes complaining is a release of stress. I am sure most foreigners living in Thailand love Thailand and love Thai people, but that doesn't mean they love everything about it and they don't love all Thai people, like the ones that cheat them, the ones that hate foreigners, the ones that even attack foreigners. Like there are both good and bad foreigners, there are also good and bad Thai people. Still, most Thai are good and most foreigners are good, but its the bad ones that get the attention.

People complain about the things they hate, they say nothing about the things they love. Thats also life. Do you think a wife tells her husband everyday how wonderful he is? No, she nags him all day and complains and shouts. But she still loves him.

• Like 1