farangs all times insulting thai people on forum here

koratesanguy

Khun Koratesanguy, unfortunately there will always be people who believe their purpose on life is to insult others, feel they are above the people around them, and act superior. As you have read, you have already met a few of them. Some of the posters don't even live in Thailand let alone have ever visited here. You should be able to tell which ones simply by their ignorance. But believe me, there are people who actually live in Thailand and respect the culture and the people. And most of us tolerate and ignore the immature and tasteless rantings of those affected by simply stupidity. Take it in stride, mai pen rai.

What these people do not consider is a simple fact. Go back 50 years, Thailand did not have a functioning organized education system. At least not to western standards. People lived a simple life that was void of many of the newest inventions and ones they had were outdated. Only those with wealth could enjoy modern improvements. Thailand has come a long way in only 50 years and are still advancing. It takes time to grow as a country. In order for any society to grow, it needs to incorporate new ideas from successful countries. It needs to ask for help and not only accept criticism but also understand it. But it takes time to educate the masses. It isn't done over night.

So simply put, the people who criticize the less educated are just pompous asses. Every country has problems with their own society in one way or another. Just read the international news. No nation is above reproach. They all suck. People don't want to hear about or face their own countries problems so they insult the local population. It proven by what is often posted on ThaiVisa.

thank you , I not write on forum here for boxing or make problem with farang I only saying to them please not write so much words that sounding insult to us. I understand what you write and is good from good person I can tell. I sory that some think I not thai they have that right to think what they wanting is not problem for me but I thinking is problem for them people maybe

Google translate is not working for you. Get an educated Thai or any foreigner to translate for you before using Google translate...

How is your Thai language? Can you write Thai, if not your comment is a joke.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To start with, if you want to be respected, how about NOT referring to us in rather derogative term such as "Farang"

is our custom word for all foreners from western . is not meaning bad sounding, if you not respect our culture and ways how can you wanting us respecting you ?

thailand is for thai people, and many foreners have come here for living and they very happy all thing thai. some living here not happy with our culture, we not make

them stay here in Thailand. many airlines have chair vacant on plane every day

Khun Koratesanguy, I'm sorry that you have to endure this sort of abuse. Your English is simply not strong enough to deal with the native English speakers. I'll concede that there are many idiot farangs on this forum...especially the ones who keep complaining about the word "farang." Most of us know that this is not a derogatory term. In fact, we in America use similar terms to describe all people from Asia (Asian) or Latin America (Hispanic). In Korea, Japan, and most other countries, they have similar terms to "farang."

I don't know why some farangs can't get it through their thick heads, but don't bother trying to explain it to them. I have tried and I am a native English speaker. Just know that there are idiot farangs in Thailand and leave it at that.

The term may not be deragatory but it certainly exhibits ignorance and lack of understanding of anyone outside their immediate realm.

I for one, encourage Thais to understand this concept and therefore not use the term so loosely as not look so ignorant in the eyes of "global citizens" or even Westerners.

Yes, I care about Thais that much, so much so that I certainly wouldn't be so daft as to use the term myselfwhistling.gif

And as for your argument berkshire, replace the word "asian" from "falang"in the op's post and see how that sounds. I assure you that anyone (westerner included) who spoke like that would receive little respect from me or those I know.

Khun Koratesanguy, unfortunately there will always be people who believe their purpose on life is to insult others, feel they are above the people around them, and act superior. As you have read, you have already met a few of them. Some of the posters don't even live in Thailand let alone have ever visited here. You should be able to tell which ones simply by their ignorance. But believe me, there are people who actually live in Thailand and respect the culture and the people. And most of us tolerate and ignore the immature and tasteless rantings of those affected by simply stupidity. Take it in stride, mai pen rai.

What these people do not consider is a simple fact. Go back 50 years, Thailand did not have a functioning organized education system. At least not to western standards. People lived a simple life that was void of many of the newest inventions and ones they had were outdated. Only those with wealth could enjoy modern improvements. Thailand has come a long way in only 50 years and are still advancing. It takes time to grow as a country. In order for any society to grow, it needs to incorporate new ideas from successful countries. It needs to ask for help and not only accept criticism but also understand it. But it takes time to educate the masses. It isn't done over night.

So simply put, the people who criticize the less educated are just pompous asses. Every country has problems with their own society in one way or another. Just read the international news. No nation is above reproach. They all suck. People don't want to hear about or face their own countries problems so they insult the local population. It proven by what is often posted on ThaiVisa.

thank you , I not write on forum here for boxing or make problem with farang I only saying to them please not write so much words that sounding insult to us. I understand what you write and is good from good person I can tell. I sory that some think I not thai they have that right to think what they wanting is not problem for me but I thinking is problem for them people maybe

Google translate is not working for you. Get an educated Thai or any foreigner to translate for you before using Google translate...

This is an English language forum..........coffee1.gif

To start with, if you want to be respected, how about NOT referring to us in rather derogative term such as "Farang"

yeah! why do you call us foreigners? call us brothers!

signed:

Naam who was/is called...

-in Saudi Arabia "Franjieh"

-in Iran "Ferang"

-in Afghanistan "Ferang"

-in Pakistan "Ferangi"

-in India "Ferangi"

mind you! Farang, Farong, Farung, Furlong, Fareng, Forong, Ferong is an insult!

l-dog%20small.jpg

• Like 1

Great opportunity for people thaier-than-thai or the usual apologists to moan about how miserable farang are and how they don't really cherish everything Thai!

I not understand farang always complain farang.

If not happy, farang can marry good thai-woman, make house, move country, never see other farang again!

• Like 1

signed:

-in Iran "Ferang"

-in Afghanistan "Ferang"

-in Pakistan "Ferangi"

-in India "Ferangi"

l-dog%20small.jpg

Not Yellowfoot in Germany?

is our custom word for all foreners from western . is not meaning bad sounding, if you not respect our culture and ways how can you wanting us respecting you ?

thailand is for thai people, and many foreners have come here for living and they very happy all thing thai. some living here not happy with our culture, we not make

Khun Koratesanguy, I'm sorry that you have to endure this sort of abuse. Your English is simply not strong enough to deal with the native English speakers. I'll concede that there are many idiot farangs on this forum...especially the ones who keep complaining about the word "farang." Most of us know that this is not a derogatory term. In fact, we in America use similar terms to describe all people from Asia (Asian) or Latin America (Hispanic). In Korea, Japan, and most other countries, they have similar terms to "farang."

I don't know why some farangs can't get it through their thick heads, but don't bother trying to explain it to them. I have tried and I am a native English speaker. Just know that there are idiot farangs in Thailand and leave it at that.

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

signed:

-in Iran "Ferang"

-in Afghanistan "Ferang"

-in Pakistan "Ferangi"

-in India "Ferangi"

l-dog%20small.jpg

Some folk call me ''Honkie''........................sad.png ...............................laugh.png

signed:

-in Iran "Ferang"

-in Afghanistan "Ferang"

-in Pakistan "Ferangi"

-in India "Ferangi"

l-dog%20small.jpg

Some folk call me ''Honkie''........................sad.png ...............................laugh.png

Most here call me Khun Loong.

signed:

-in Iran "Ferang"

-in Afghanistan "Ferang"

-in Pakistan "Ferangi"

-in India "Ferangi"

l-dog%20small.jpg

Not Yellowfoot in Germany?

actually i grew up in the Yellowfoot (Gelbfüssler) area in Germany but i wonder how you guessed that. you couldn't have derived it from my written English which (i think) does not give away any accent.

signed:

-in Iran "Ferang"

-in Afghanistan "Ferang"

-in Pakistan "Ferangi"

-in India "Ferangi"

l-dog%20small.jpg

If I would be a Klingone and anyone would call me Feringhi...I would be completely p1$$ed!

• Like 1

signed:

-in Iran "Ferang"

-in Afghanistan "Ferang"

-in Pakistan "Ferangi"

-in India "Ferangi"

l-dog%20small.jpg

If I would be a Klingone and anyone would call me Feringhi...I would be completely p1$$ed!

Klingons possess a lot of humour and if a blind man would call any of us "Ferengi" we'd just smile and offer the poor sod some bloodwine.

I agree, there are many posters here on Thaivisa who complains about Thailand, and look down on Thai people. We call them "Thai bashers".

However, it is also up to you, not to be submissive all the time. It makes many of us foreigners treat you like kids and less intelligent.

And to you Thais, please do not call us "farang". We are NOT all the same, we are MANY different nationalities.

And in the end, it is not the skin color who dictates your behavior. Our behavior is based on culture, nationality, and first and most importantly, individual factors.

Edited by ayayay

The OP hasn't responded in a few pages, he either forgot his new account name, is a troll or perhaps just busy doing more important things.

If this isn't a troll I will add some.

OP, I do see some of your points. I do think that people can be too critical and even rude about many Thai ways.

First you are attempting to do it wrong. Attacking forum users on a forum that is geared to foreign nationals living, working and visiting Thailand is pretty silly. Address specific posts and threads would be fine but making a blanket statement is a waste of breath.

If you want a dialog about how we can live here and enjoy our lives better, go for it.

Statements like

"thai people do not say to your govements what to do or making insults to you all the same ways that many you say about us."

Not true, Thai people living abroad do the same things about the countries that they are currently living in. It is a common practice to compare and contrast what we are used to.

We that live here want to make changes that affect our qualitity of life. Becuase like it or not

"thailand is for thai people"

is total crap. First of all Thailand has never been just for Thai people it has a rich history of influences from many cultures and nationalities. Some historic Kings in different periods have had Chinese heritage also. Read your own constitution and then come back and apologize for your nationalistic pride and insults.

"if you not respect our culture and ways how can you wanting us respecting you ? "

Somewhat true. You have to show respect to get respect. However some here are just stating that we deserve basic human rights and respect as humans which doesn't and shouldn't require anyone to do anything but breathe.

The OP (original Poster) koratesanguy has every right to be upset. Too bad not many Thais are in this forum. I would also be insulted and have a really negative attitute towards farangs based on their attitude towards Thais. Double pricing, being referred to as a FARANG are minor issues compared to the disdain and contempt for Thais and anything Thai that many posters display on this forum. Bravo KORATESANGUY for bringing this up. More power to you. Forum members must realize that they are guests in this country and as guests must behave properly and respect the locals.

May be its culture in an uneducated Isaan, it sure is not culture in normal circles

Thailand is for Thai people?? statements like is exactly the reason why foreigners talk bad about Thai

Why do not you kick out all the foreigners, including Toyota, Honda and everyone else, also make sure everyone is paid back all the money they have given and then i would love to see your " Thailand for Thai people"

Still be eating grass along the cows and still be riding it.

• Like 2

cheesy.gif or some of us do not get out into educated circles and think everyone is just as ignorant as self

and possibly some are so uneducated that spelling a foreigner is too much of a difficulty so they decided they can speak Thai, managed to learn 3 words, farang being one of the 3

hmmm the first time I have seen a supposed Thai use an "s" to make the word "farang" plural. (I see farang do it all the time, never Thais though.

I am lucky that I have learning much English from farang teacher what you meaning when saying "supposed thai" ? so you thinking is because I make s letter

that I not being thai. she teach me to put s after word when it meaning many or more than one thing or person.

First lesson for you. Stop calling us farangs. I am a human being. I have a name. Classifying me as a race is ridiculous and racist.

Love your country, mate. But we have the spaceship and you have the tuk tuk. We are entitled to our opinion and none of us lose face easily or shoot people because we disagree.

May be its culture in an uneducated Isaan, it sure is not culture in normal circles

Thailand is for Thai people?? statements like is exactly the reason why foreigners talk bad about Thai

Why do not you kick out all the foreigners, including Toyota, Honda and everyone else, also make sure everyone is paid back all the money they have given and then i would love to see your " Thailand for Thai people"

It's pretty clear what your attitude towards the Thais are with comments like this. It's really the delusional farang who thinks Thailand would collapse if he left. Truth be told, if people like you were to leave (i.e., whining/whinging farangs), there would be zero impact. But why would the Thais kick out the Japanese? They are polite, well mannered, law abiding, and don't whine/whinge nearly as much. Thailand has made it clear they want foreign businesses and investments. People like you, not so much.

hmmm the first time I have seen a supposed Thai use an "s" to make the word "farang" plural. (I see farang do it all the time, never Thais though.

I am lucky that I have learning much English from farang teacher what you meaning when saying "supposed thai" ? so you thinking is because I make s letter

that I not being thai. she teach me to put s after word when it meaning many or more than one thing or person.

First lesson for you. Stop calling us farangs. I am a human being. I have a name. Classifying me as a race is ridiculous and racist.

Love your country, mate. But we have the spaceship and you have the tuk tuk. We are entitled to our opinion and none of us lose face easily or shoot people because we disagree.

You are a farang and I'll keep calling you a farang.

You might be wrong about your last sentence..........whistling.gif

It's pretty clear what your attitude towards the Thais are with comments like this. It's really the delusional farang who thinks Thailand would collapse if he left. Truth be told, if people like you were to leave (i.e., whining/whinging farangs), there would be zero impact. But why would the Thais kick out the Japanese? They are polite, well mannered, law abiding, and don't whine/whinge nearly as much. Thailand has made it clear they want foreign businesses and investments. People like you, not so much.

Is it really that clear?

The OP also seems to have a natural instinct for verb tenses that don't exist in Thai whistling.gif

You guys should back off on the "Thais can't use the English language properly" thing!

I tutor a group of 16-18 year old Thai students on weekends and they are capable of writing and speaking as good as the OP.

In some cases, they do better than many native English speakers who post on TV.

I t is wrong to paint all of any culture, country or race with the same brush.

Any Thai who has spent a good deal of time reading the hogwash posted by some TV members has a lot of both very good and very poor examples of how to use the English language.

Now who will be the first TV ninny to point out a misspelled word or missing comma in this post?

It's expected, that's how some minds keep busy.

Now, can you please address the Op's issue rather than trying to discredit him?

He makes some very valid points.

This is an English language forum..........coffee1.gif

His comment : get any foreigner to translate for you is silly.

Most foreigners don't speak decent Thai, so how would they translate?