Clashes intensifying at Bangkok Metropolitan Police HQ

webfact

Using an excavator now.

Just smashed their way in and multiple gun shots and screaming.

Reporter saying police have gone mad now.

Sounds like live ammo, rubber bullets sound different.

Are you there that you can hear all this? Interesting commentary

Richard Barrow and other tweeters on site report that the protesters have failed to break in at Metro Police HQ and are now withdrawing to the main protest site. No one reports live ammo being used.

Thank you for the good news!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Blue Sky around 1200 hrs today and it was interesting to see that military medical orderlies and I presume possibly a qualified medical officer were circulating through the anti government demonstrators and treating those suffering from tear gas inflicted injuries.They were (the military personnel) also taking pictures openly of those treated and also the surrounding crowd in general.

Interesting to note again there seemed to be no hostility towards the photographer nor the medical personnel.

There would seem to be noting the above scenario a hatred of the police as opposed to the military.

One is led to wonder if there might be an unspoken loose alliance between certain factions involved in these demonstrations:

• Like 1

I guess at least some who deem the spraying of poo and pee okay, were going apesh1t over the blood on Abisiths doorstep?!

Just saying...

I find both actions 100% despicable, but that is just me, the ol' Thaksin lover and Red- supporter...coffee1.gif

Are you for real about loving Thaksin? Red supporter? So Authoritarian rukle is OK? Maybe better you are here and not back in your own country. How can ANYONE condone corruption at any level?

Nooooooooo....and the fact that I find BOTH actions ...oh wait...one action, the other is just in planning....despicable and the coffee1.gif should have given that away!

I am not condoning anything and most of all not authoritarian rule...

• Like 1

A matter of opinion I guess, although we could have a discussion on the definition of 'similar circumstances'.

Mind you, her brother in law ex-PM Somchai had really similar circumstances, storming of government buildings, Government House, lots of police, exploding teargas canisters and a few dead anti-government protesters.

The moment one of those protesters die at the hands of the police Yingluck is dead meat as PM. As will be the murder charges against Suthep and Abhisit. Silly little girl should have stayed at home playing with her Barbie Dolls instead of puppertering for her convicted criminal brother.

On the contrary, she is doing a remarkable good job under very difficult circumstances. She has gone up in my estimation even though I don't care for many of her policies. If one of these thugs gets killed, then sorry...but it could have been avoided very easily .

I agree. She is handling the crisis created by the thug and would be dictator Suthep very well and much better than Abhisit did under similar circumstances.

I guess at least some who deem the spraying of poo and pee okay, were going apesh1t over the blood on Abisiths doorstep?!

Just saying...

I find both actions 100% despicable, but that is just me, the ol' Thaksin lover and Red- supporter...coffee1.gif

Are you for real about loving Thaksin? Red supporter? So Authoritarian rukle is OK? Maybe better you are here and not back in your own country. How can ANYONE condone corruption at any level?

And this is why it's not safe to use irony in public.

Sorry but I did not see the irony in the events that preceeded

If 'no fecal matter', why would you still talk about a death wish?

yes, indeed...good news. No Live ammunition, no fecal matter. Fecal matter...they must have a death wish....honestly...

Using an excavator now.

Richard Barrow and other tweeters on site report that the protesters have failed to break in at Metro Police HQ and are now withdrawing to the main protest site. No one reports live ammo being used.

I beg to differ.

RT@RichardBarrow: 6pm RT @sunaibkk: Rama Hospital confirmed two protesters suffered from gunshot wounds. One in critical condition #Bangkok

1459673_727638930582385_1058721377_n.jpg

Also reports of helicopters landing armed (what looks like (SWAT) snipers onto rooftops overlooking protesters around MPHQ

1450789_727710557241889_484591393_n.jpg

Using an excavator now.

What do you expect from a loser shill registering only to spew shit and stir the pot to create more problems.

• Like 2

Using an excavator now.

My God, you are really loving this aren't you Biscuit / ThainyTim! Bangkok being reduced to a state of anarchy by undemocratic street thugs, who are being exploited by the enemy of democracy, Suthep, and you are carrying on like a schoolboy watching a bad Hollywood movie. How old are you, fifteen?

• Like 2

Using an excavator now.

My God, you are really loving this aren't you Biscuit / ThainyTim! Bangkok being reduced to a state of anarchy by undemocratic street thugs, who are being exploited by the enemy of democracy, Suthep, and you are carrying on like a schoolboy watching a bad Hollywood movie. How old are you, fifteen?

They are pathetic, lowly shills obviously registered from the sole purpose of spewing propaganda.

The question is why do mods permit blatantly obvious shills to demean or make a circus out of this forum that could otherwise be helpful for people attempting to monitor the developments.

• Like 2

Using an excavator now.

They are pathetic, lowly shills obviously registered from the sole purpose of spewing propaganda.

The question is why do mods permit blatantly obvious shills to demean or make a circus out of this forum that could otherwise be helpful for people attempting to monitor the developments.

You haven't a clue about what's happening out there do you? You're not in Piccadilly anymore my friend.

• Like 1

And on a lighter note....

RT @RichardBarrow: Police use electric fans to blow back tear gas being blown their way by the protesters' fans (@darin_TRnews) http://t.co/7NFxB8HJ1u #Bangkok

xBad95svCAAE68ij.jpg.pagespeed.ic.MPxJsF

probably wrong on many levels, but it made me laugh. hit-the-fan.gifhit-the-fan.gif

Surreal!

Seems a bit like the boats used during the last big floods to push the water out to sea.

• Like 1

In the paper that can not be named, they report that demonstrators are spraying the police with feces.

The paper that cannot be named said they plan on this as retaliation for tear gas.

Spraying fecal matter is a highly dangerous thing to do. Lethal pathogens can be spread that way, and anyone downwindwill be exposed to it.

No shit Sherlock ---

• Like 1

And on a lighter note....

RT @RichardBarrow: Police use electric fans to blow back tear gas being blown their way by the protesters' fans (@darin_TRnews) http://t.co/7NFxB8HJ1u #Bangkok

xBad95svCAAE68ij.jpg.pagespeed.ic.MPxJsF

probably wrong on many levels, but it made me laugh. hit-the-fan.gifhit-the-fan.gif

Surreal!

Seems a bit like the boats used during the last big floods to push the water out to sea.

Not really, because this idea could actually work...but the boat one...well

The moment one of those protesters die at the hands of the police Yingluck is dead meat as PM. As will be the murder charges against Suthep and Abhisit. Silly little girl should have stayed at home playing with her Barbie Dolls instead of puppertering for her convicted criminal brother.

Angry that the "other side" is as stupid as the reds and that Police don t use real bullets?

Well this has been reported all afternoon Thainy, even by the mainstream Thai TV stations, (You know, the ones that have been ignoring the protests)! Hardly groundbreaking stuff. Out of interest, how would you expect the police to respond when faced with a howling mob trying to storm their headquarters? What would be the response from the police in your home country be faced with a similar scenario? I await your reply with interest!

• Like 1

Damn! tear gaz to disperse a mob ?! Water canon?!

What an horrific way to disperse them while they start the same game the red did in 2010...Suthep just hope soon the police will use real bullets

2 more days to resist this unconstitutional movment leaded by a crook to remove a crook.

5th of december will be the end for Suthep stupidity and a big lose of face

• Like 1

You deserve to be shot if you are trying to take over a police headquarters acting like a bunch of primates. This is called self-defense and the police have every right to exercise self-defense and defend their ground.

How can any rationale and intelligent human being condone such actions. Who cares what happened in 2010. That does not make it right now. Bunch of pathetic cheerleaders that apparent enjoy watching the suffering of others from the safety of their own homes. Lowest of low.

Here in Cairo, the police killed over 900 protestors in the course of several hours as they cleared a protest square, victims included men women and children. Where do you draw the line?

How about the Ukraine, where hundreds of thousands are peacefully protesting? Even now in egypt, all protesting is technically illegal, there are still thousands of brave protestors turning out each week to voice their democratic rights.

In the long run, people power is effective.

Edited by canuckoverseas

Well this has been reported all afternoon Thainy, even by the mainstream Thai TV stations, (You know, the ones that have been ignoring the protests)! Hardly groundbreaking stuff. Out of interest, how would you expect the police to respond when faced with a howling mob trying to storm their headquarters? What would be the response from the police in your home country be faced with a similar scenario? I await your reply with interest!

I don't have an issue with the police using appropriate crowd control methods, in fact UK the police would have waded into them pretty quick. What to me is the issue is that when this happened with the Red Shirts in 2009 and 2010 the police backed off and did nothing, so that suggests to me that along with morons like Tarit , that RTP at present are not neutral and are under control from a criminal in Dubai.

Whatever way you look at it, it's a seriously screwed up situation which both sides of the political divide have a significant part to play in it. Sadly, with the likes of Thaksin and Suthep squaring up, there's only one loser, and that's the people of Thailand.

• Like 2

Poor Yingluck, she will say, it was my brothers fault, then someone will remind her of all her assertions that there is only one PM, she is it, and her brother has nothing to do with the government. How do you think she will fare in jail?

The government has responded to International Standards.

The US, EU countries all use, as needed, tear gas, batton charges, dogs, horse charges, rubber bullets to deal wtih riots.

She will only get into trouble if she issues an order for the military to go out with live ammunition to shoot people, like the Army did in 2010 under the orders of Suthep and Abhisit.

I lauged out loud when Suthep said tonight that "The Army will never attack the people" - what utter lies - remember 2010 matey ?

• Like 2