Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

I've pre-registered my dream team name. "Leonine Times" - play on "lean times" and the Lions. Well, I couldn't enter a team with the name "Xangsamhua", could I. rolleyes.gif

I believe one member is calling his team 'St Kilda's Headless Chookas'

ouch. I'll tuck that one away for laterthumbsup.gif

Only 50 days until the NAB Cup and 80 days to round 1 season proper.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Roos in best shape in a decade, says Firrito

"NORTH Melbourne is better placed to enjoy sustained on-field success than at any time during the past decade, veteran defender Michael Firrito says."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-22/decadelong-delight

This is about the 3rd or 4th article on North I've read this year. Seems to be high expectations

for them this year. I know they lost some close ones, but I can still only see them finishing around

7th to 10th.

"NORTH Melbourne is better placed to enjoy sustained on-field success than at any time during the past decade, veteran defender Michael Firrito says."

This is about the 3rd or 4th article on North I've read this year. Seems to be high expectations

for them this year. I know they lost some close ones, but I can still only see them finishing around

7th to 10th.

7th - 10th seems about right...maybe 6th

• Like 1

7th to 10th.

Yes I agree at the expense of Richmond.

Geelong's Billie Smedts posts Instagram photo appearing to show mobile phone use while driving and steering with knees

Victorian police are investigating if AFL player Billie Smedts committed any offences while taking video footage of himself behind the wheel of a car.

The Geelong Cats footballer sparked outrage on social media after using his mobile phone while appearing to drive and use his knees to steer the car.

He shared a photo with his 10,000 Instagram followers on Monday with the caption: "Driving back to warrnambool for Christmas #goproselfie."

Geelong released a statement on Tuesday saying Smedts had assured the club that the photo was staged, and the car had been stationary and not moving when the photo was taken.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-24/smedts27-driving-antics-spark-outrage/5173864

Edited by BookMan

7th to 10th.

Carlton, Port Ade and Richmond are the sides in danger of slipping out methinks.

7th to 10th.

Carlton, Port Ade and Richmond are the sides in danger of slipping out methinks.

We can only hope Carlton slip out. I reckon Richmond will be a top 8 contender

7th to 10th.

I think Carlton will be there, port and Richmond will make way for the likes of North and the Gold Coast.

More changes?sad.png AFL your losing me, as it is now I struggle to watch any but my team or the GF.

Chooka you should be pleased noticed the Magnificent Saints not only down the gurgler by 2plus million they hired my old mate Jolley..............got him cheap..............and you can expect newspaper articles on the saints now for the next 10 ys.whistling.gif worth is weight in gold that boy.thumbsup.gif

You're forgetting the WCE Chooka!!

Carlton got there by default and they've lost Betts, and their bookends Waite and Jamison are another

year older. Having said that, they picked up Daisy Thomas.

Port were on the crest of a wave under Hinkley, will be interesting to see if they can maintain it.

They knocked Collingwood out of the finals last year so perhaps they're better than I think.

I don't rate Richmond. They're got a poor defence and if Riewoldt doesn't kick a bag, I think they'll

struggle.

Essendon, GC, Nth, Ade and WCE to be fighting for the top 8 methinks.

• Like 1

You're forgetting the WCE Chooka!!

Carlton got there by default and they've lost Betts, and their bookends Waite and Jamison are another

year older. Having said that, they picked up Daisy Thomas.

Port were on the crest of a wave under Hinkley, will be interesting to see if they can maintain it.

They knocked Collingwood out of the finals last year so perhaps they're better than I think.

I don't rate Richmond. They're got a poor defence and if Riewoldt doesn't kick a bag, I think they'll

struggle.

Essendon, GC, Nth, Ade and WCE to be fighting for the top 8 methinks.

Fair comment Will and I forgot about the Bombers. Anyway ASADA haven't finished with them yet

These are Sportsbets' markets for the final 8 in 2014.

Sigh... Another barren year for the Bears/Lions. xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.gBNm0PzB6t.webp

But... Prepare to be surprised. The Lions did well in the draft and pre-season trades, and, apart from Yeo and Docherty, the guys that left weren't much use.

Life -> Hope. smile.png

Merry Christmas one and all!

• Like 1

These are Sportsbets' markets for the final 8 in 2014.

Sigh... Another barren year for the Bears/Lions. xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.gBNm0PzB6t.webp

But... Prepare to be surprised. The Lions did well in the draft and pre-season trades, and, apart from Yeo and Docherty, the guys that left weren't much use.

Life -> Hope. smile.png

Merry Christmas one and all!

Merry xmas to you also Xangsamhua!

At $3.75 i think the Western Bulldogs are good outside value for the final 8

• Like 1

Boxing Day 0830 - 1000 Thai time on Australia Network - The Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race 2013

A few on this thread might want to know.

Thanks for that, shame I have to sort out the sock drawer and then get my nails done.thumbsup.gif

Probably not the smartest move but i registered my fantasy team on christmas day.(farmerjo's flyers)

Guess it will be after new year when i hear back from them.

Is there a deadline to complete your side before season starts.

The deadline is the 1st bounce of the 1st game in round one of the season proper, that is when the leagues will be filled. I should have our league code in the next week or so.

• Like 1

Chooka, how many Thaivisa members have we got committed to Dream teams now?

10 for a 16 league team so far. If we don't fill the league the AFL does by adding the Doctor and a couple of others. The Doctor being Dr Dreanteam their so called expert. But don't worry I have a cunning plan once the league code is given.

Chooka, how many Thaivisa members have we got committed to Dream teams now?

10 for a 16 league team so far. If we don't fill the league the AFL does by adding the Doctor and a couple of others. The Doctor being Dr Dreanteam their so called expert. But don't worry I have a cunning plan once the league code is given.

Cunning plan? Excellent stuff.

There is still a good bit of time until we get to the season start anyway

• Like 1

45,000 SCG attendance for the Cricket today what with the new stands being finished

Swans must be licking their lips with Buddy signed up. Could be a few full houses coming up next year for them

May have gained a couple of hundred extra supporters.

Footy news has been very light on lately, no pre season dramas like the last 3 or 4 yrs. NAB cup in 4 or 5 weeks so we can get a look at the draftee's

45,000 SCG attendance for the Cricket today what with the new stands being finished

Swans must be licking their lips with Buddy signed up. Could be a few full houses coming up next year for them

May have gained a couple of hundred extra supporters.

Footy news has been very light on lately, no pre season dramas like the last 3 or 4 yrs. NAB cup in 4 or 5 weeks so we can get a look at the draftee's

Yep been very quite off season. Thought I would post this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D--MLohklIk&feature=player_detailpage