Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

For the dream teamers on here this is worth a watch.

I have a couple of the players they mentioned in my team already. This may assist a few of you who are building your teams. Remember guys don't stack your team with to many players from the one AFL side there is the byes to think of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVBerfXzEpo&feature=player_detailpage

• Like 2

I have a couple of the players they mentioned in my team already. This may assist a few of you who are building your teams. Remember guys don't stack your team with to many players from the one AFL side there is the byes to think of.

It is a tough assignment picking a team mad eup form any AFL team, rather than just following the one team

It is a tough assignment picking a team mad eup form any AFL team, rather than just following the one team

Man up my friend and show us what you have.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Speaking of CTH and the AN, I noticed last night it was gone from CTH.

Wondering if it was just me or everyone?

Will check tonight when I get back home, not going to be too impressed if it's been switched off!

Still listed on the CTH (not that that should be taken for gospel truth) website and Australia Network website indicates that CTH is still the carrier..

Read this morning that they're doing a software upgrade so I'm hoping it's back on tonight.

They're pretty ordinary to be honest. We signed up about 3 months ago and still haven't received

a bill. Read that some people had to wait 4, 5 and 6 months for the first one.

Will just flicked the box onto AN with CTH, happy to say that it's coming through ;)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Speaking of CTH and the AN, I noticed last night it was gone from CTH.

Wondering if it was just me or everyone?

Will check tonight when I get back home, not going to be too impressed if it's been switched off!

Still listed on the CTH (not that that should be taken for gospel truth) website and Australia Network website indicates that CTH is still the carrier..

Read this morning that they're doing a software upgrade so I'm hoping it's back on tonight.

They're pretty ordinary to be honest. We signed up about 3 months ago and still haven't received

a bill. Read that some people had to wait 4, 5 and 6 months for the first one.

Will just flicked the box onto AN with CTH, happy to say that it's coming through wink.png

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for that mate. Yep, apparently they were doing a software download and

are in the process of adding some more channels.

Had to do a channel search as the box kep coming up "null". It's all good now.

Man up my friend and show us what you have.thumbsup.gif

I will do it soon....

Entered TEAMS

This league doesn't have any completed teams yet

{C}
1114195.png

Chooka's Chiangmai Saints

1115052.png

Kooweerup Dogs

1137297.png

GrannysApples

1143734.png

Leonine Times

1145562.png

Ron19s Rotties

1147355.png

Chai Nat Nats

1151733.png

RIPS SWANS

1155945.png

Bookman's Recruits

1162614.png

ROCKHEADS

1170848.png

brothers in arms

1170848.png

brothers in arms

Well... we knew this day would come...

tongue.png

Yep someone forgot to close the door. He/she is still out numbered as you are either with them or against them.

Come on man up who are you?biggrin.png We'll love you and hug you, well maybe not.

1170848.png

brothers in arms

tongue.png

Yep someone forgot to close the door. He/she is still out numbered as you are either with them or against them.

Come on man up who are you?biggrin.png We'll love you and hug you, well maybe not.

I believe a Mod here is a Collingwood supporter.. He must be one of the normal ones, he has all his teeth :P

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

1170848.png

brothers in arms

tongue.png

I believe a Mod here is a Collingwood supporter.. He must be one of the normal ones, he has all his teeth tongue.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well when he gets back from Centre Link we'll find outsmile.png

Surely bashing is aloud on this thread as it's part of the footy spirit

• Like 1

Is there a chat thingy on the Fantasy league board? I was just in there and I couldn't see it.

Edit: I found it down the bottom of the Leagues/Team page. It is called Coaches Box

That's the one my friend. A bit smaller this year tho. But hey can have friendly banter on there. The moderator is a computer program so abuse and swear words or generally picked up.

This is the way I am building my team and will share with all. I am 85% happy at the moment.

I started with the mid field and selected 3 players whom I think are premium, Watson, Selwood and Steven. Then I went to the backline and looked for players on the list that play back and mid (it is next to their names) if they are running backs then they will score points.

My rucks well not to worried.

My forwards I looked at 3 main positional players and then again looked at forward/midfield players.

I am an open book. I will trade players in/out during the season due to bad performance injury and suspension. I am no guru but always willing to help others if you have questions and make it a tight fight. I will tell you what I am doing no problem. I will also advise when the bye is coming up and what you should do. We are all mates here and it is all fun.

Point Scoring - NAB AFL Fantasy

1. Stat Description Points Awarded/Deducted
  2. Kick 3 Points
  3. Handball 2 Points
  4. Mark 3 Points
  5. Tackle 4 Points
  6. Free Kick For 1 Point
  7. Free Kick Against -3 Points
  8. Hitout 1 Point
  9. Goal 6 Points
  10. Behind 1 Point
Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

"We are all mates here and it is all fun"

Well said Chooka you are so right. We have been on here for a couple of seasons and we have banter but there is no ill feeling, It is a great thread.

And that is what it is all about. We take the piss out of each and our teams and there is not one personal attack. That is sport in Australia. It is a bit of slagging but nothing personal.

So what happened to our Collingwood friend? I guess he was pulled over pissed in a stolen car on the way back from centre link.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Australian Network are going show some of the NAB cup. These games will be shown live.

AFL NAB Challenge 2014 - Episode 1
Friday, 14 February 2014 at 15:00
AFL NAB Challenge 2014 - Episode 2
Saturday, 15 February 2014 at 12:30
AFL NAB Challenge 2014 - Episode 3
Friday, 21 February 2014 at 15:00
AFL NAB Challenge 2014 - Episode 4
Saturday, 22 February 2014 at 15:0

The first game is Rich V Melb 2nd Game NMFC V Carl 3rd Game Hawk V NMFC and the last game is Coll V Rich

They only have the first 2 weeks advertised but I would say the will show the Friday and Saturday games the next week.

Good news

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 2

Australian Network are going show some of the NAB cup. These games will be shown live.

The first game is Rich V Melb 2nd Game NMFC V Carl 3rd Game Hawk V NMFC and the last game is Coll V Rich

They only have the first 2 weeks advertised but I would say the will show the Friday and Saturday games the next week.

Good news

That is good news and it is only 4 sleeps until we start getting some football again.

• Like 1

The Dream Team (Fantasy) comp is growing.

Entered TEAMS

This league doesn't have any completed teams yet

{C}
1114195.png

Chooka's Chiangmai Saints

1115052.png

Kooweerup Dogs

1137297.png

GrannysApples

1143734.png

Leonine Times

1145562.png

Ron19s Rotties

1147355.png

Chai Nat Nats

1151733.png

RIPS SWANS

1155945.png

Bookman's Recruits

1162614.png

ROCKHEADS

1170848.png

brothers in arms

1209225.png

HAICH'S BARBARIANS

• Like 1

Good news

If your team is not being shown on the Australia Network, log into the AFL site for free live streaming of every game. Only available outside Australia.

http://watchafl.afl.com.au/

• Like 1

Cheers Chook, I can see why you're a cranky old bastard now, you'd need to be 70 to remember a Saint's flag wouldn't you?

Any room here for a South Aussie who's team has actually won a flag this century? smile.png

b_pppsfc.jpg

thumbsup.gif Ha ha, still a cranky old bastard in training and have a few years to go to reach 70, 22 yrs actually. Yep never seen a saints premiership and hope I do before the day comes that I pass over.

Everyone is welcome on here for sledging and banter and everyone takes it in their stride. No malice or offence is ever intended or comments should be taken personally. Hey we even have a Collingwood supporter.biggrin.png

Cheers Chook, I can see why you're a cranky old bastard now, you'd need to be 70 to remember a Saint's flag wouldn't you?

Any room here for a South Aussie who's team has actually won a flag this century? smile.png

b_pppsfc.jpg

thumbsup.gif Ha ha, still a cranky old bastard in training and have a few years to go to reach 70, 22 yrs actually. Yep never seen a saints premiership and hope I do before the day comes that I pass over.

Everyone is welcome on here for sledging and banter and everyone takes it in their stride. No malice or offence is ever intended or comments should be taken personally. Hey we even have a Collingwood supporter.biggrin.png

Port's day of Fame; Lions' day of shame. So embarrassing. facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif