Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Kennedy for Judd..

Who was the winner there?

Carlton or West Coast?

I would say Carlton.

Swans got Big Bad Barry Hall and we got Dal Santo with your pick 18. Who won there? Pretty even for a few yrs but we got more millage out of the recruit Dal Santo.

I was a little upset went Barry went as he was our replacement for locket and we only got pick 18 but Dal turned out to be a very good pickup with that selection even more so we got Nick Reiwolt in the same draft. Dal even had good resale value in the free agency also.

Kennedy for Judd..

Carlton or West Coast?

I would say Carlton.

Swans got Big Bad Barry Hall and we got Dal Santo with your pick 18. Who won there? Pretty even for a few yrs but we got more millage out of the recruit Dal Santo.

I was a little upset went Barry went as he was our replacement for locket and we only got pick 18 but Dal turned out to be a very good pickup with that selection even more so we got Nick Reiwolt in the same draft. Dal even had good resale value in the free agency also.

You guys did well there, but so did Sydney. Was a shame the way Hall ended up leaving Sydney

Kennedy for Judd..

Carlton or West Coast?

At the time, I was filthy on the trade, but with the benefit of time, I think WCE

ended up slightly better.

We ended up getting Kennedy and Chris Maston for Judd and pick 46.

I still think Judd played his best footy at the WCE. I know Judd won a Brownlow

at Carlton, but if I remember it was quite a controversial decision.

Josh Kennedy is still only 26 and probably has another 4/ years left where

this could well be Judd's last year.

Masten is only 24 and has probably come off his bet year so still an upside to him.

• Like 2

Rough Draft of my Dream Team so far. Shame I couldn't fit in all I wanted given the salary cap. It will change a little as time gets closer.

BACKS

McVeigh, J (Syd) Mitchell, S (Haw) Morris, S (Rich) Lonergan, T (Gee) Simpkin,T (Stk) Martin, B (Ade)

Emergencies: - Corr, A (GWS) Allir, A (Syd)

If you notice McVeigh, Mitchel and Morris are also Midfielders.

MIDS

Selwood, S (Wce) Selwood, J (Gee) Jack, K (Syd) Steven, J (Stk) Deledio, B (Ric) Crowley, R (Freo) Kommer, N (Ess) Mitchell, K (Port)

Emergencies: - Beams, C (Bris) Oxley, A (Coll)

I would have loved to have a Watson or an Ablett in there but I am trying for an even mix.

Rucks

Sandilands, S (Freo) Longer, B (Stk)

Emergencies: - Michael, S (Bris) Lobb, R (Gws)

FORWARDS

Dangerfield, P (Adl) Franklin, L (Syd) Dahlhaus, L (Dogs) Cameron, J (GWS) Hawkins, T (Gee) Kennedy, B (Coll)

Emergencies: - Daniher, J (Ess) Billings, J (Stk)

ONLY A ROUGH DRAFT AT THIS STAGE. Captains earn double points in a game and from my rough draft Scott Selwood would be my captain. You can change your captains to whoever every week they are not locked in.

More tweeking to do.

• Like 1

Former Gold Coast Suns AFL player Campbell Brown is believed to be in strife again, this time arrested in a Gold Coast nightclub.

Police confirmed a 30-year-old from Benowa and a 41-year-old from Ceres in Victoria were arrested at 1.25am (AEST) Sunday at a Broadbeach nightclub.

"Police will allege they were performing duties in the nightclub when the two men refused to move out of the way of police and came in contact with them, obstructing them in their duties," a police spokeswoman said.

It's been reported the younger of the two is veteran hard man Brown, out celebrating his horse's win at the Magic Millions carnival on the Gold Coast.

in relation to ron19's post Former Gold Coast Suns footballer Campbell Brown arrested after Magic Millions

SACKED Gold Coast Suns footballer Campbell Brown is in trouble again, arrested while celebrating his big win at yesterday's Magic Millions races.

Campbell Brown celebrates his win. Picture: Instagram

Brown, sacked in disgrace in August after shattering the jaw of teammate Steven May after a pre-season training camp in the US, was in a brighter mood yesterday when Sweet Idea, the horse he co-owns with real estate kings the Henderson brothers, won the prestigious Magic Millions Guineas for three-year-olds.

However, the night took a turn for the worse, with the former Suns hard man arrested after a scuffle with police at a Broadbeach nightclub.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/former-gold-coast-suns-footballer-campbell-brown-arrested-after-magic-millions/story-fnia415y-1226799993528

Just spent a day down at Seaford with the Saints and their facility. Thanks to my nephew who is a physio down there. (yes my inside man) Great day and met a couple of the boys and new recruits. I looked at the boys doing weights and the size of the playing group compared to the new recruits like Jack Billings (pick 3) is just so far. Huge guys compared to skinny little kids. Did manage a photo op with Lenny Hayes, David Armitage, Clinton Jones and Jack Billings. Saint Nick and the other senior playing group weren't around apparently in a meeting.

• Like 1

Just spent a day down at Seaford with the Saints and their facility. Thanks to my nephew who is a physio down there. (yes my inside man) Great day and met a couple of the boys and new recruits. I looked at the boys doing weights and the size of the playing group compared to the new recruits like Jack Billings (pick 3) is just so far. Huge guys compared to skinny little kids. Did manage a photo op with Lenny Hayes, David Armitage, Clinton Jones and Jack Billings. Saint Nick and the other senior playing group weren't around apparently in a meeting.

You are lucky to have an inside man. It reads like you had a very enjoyable day, Great to see.

Come on chooka, photo's please.

Also, what's your take on the new coach?

• Like 1

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

They don't make 'em like that any more.

He played one game for Kedron here in QLD, and bared his bum for all to see. Didn't play for them again. I think it was 1986.

He was very entertaining and he could actually play.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

He played one game for Kedron here in QLD, and bared his bum for all to see. Didn't play for them again. I think it was 1986.

I met him once when he was in West Australia driving a forklift for a furniture/matress factory Joyce Brothers and playing football for I think South Fremantle .He was an absolute fruitcake.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I met him once when he was in West Australia driving a forklift for a furniture/matress factory Joyce Brothers and playing football for I think South Fremantle .He was an absolute fruitcake.

Sounds like it. A guy I used to work with said he pulled up along side Jacko one evening at

a set of lights in Freo. He said he looked over at him and Jacko just started pulling faces at him.

I remember him doing a handstand against Hawthorn one day because their fullback, I think it was

Chris Langford said to him "you'll never make a good footballer while your arse points towards the ground".biggrin.png

• Like 1

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Sounds like it. A guy I used to work with said he pulled up along side Jacko one evening at

a set of lights in Freo. He said he looked over at him and Jacko just started pulling faces at him.

I remember him doing a handstand against Hawthorn one day because their fullback, I think it was

Chris Langford said to him "you'll never make a good footballer while your arse points towards the ground".biggrin.png

It's actually in the video

DREAM TEAM

Ok guys the Dreamteam is now open and you can start building your teams on the AFL site.

I registered a league called The Thailand MOB but for some reason they didn't give me a code.

https://fantasy.afl.com.au/help/index.html#/guidelines

Hi Martin Congratulations, you have successfully created your league: Thailand MOB. Your league code should you wish to share it with your mates is: Remember that in 2014 you can create up to 5 classic leagues and join an unlimited number. Good luck for the 2014 season and may the best team win! The NAB AFL Fantasy Team

League code for the dreamteam not necessary just type in Thailand Mob, hit search and you will find it,

Yep no problems, slapped together a team and joined the league not to play around with my team.

I see your in the league.

Adam Goodes named Australian of the Year.

Goodes has racism in his sights.

AFL star and 2014 Australian of the Year Adam Goodes wants to help break down the boundaries between races and won't rest until all Australians are treated as equals.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/01/25/18/51/adam-goodes-named-australian-of-the-year

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Come on chooka, photo's please.

Also, what's your take on the new coach?

Ok ... The Thai lady is a friend who lives in Melbourne who I have recruited to the saints.

post-122647-0-69875200-1390655932_thumb.

post-122647-0-95625500-1390656081_thumb.

post-122647-0-84382600-1390656112_thumb.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Ahhhh I recall Jacko well of course why wouldn't I? he played for the Dees a few years, was fairly good at kicking goals, in those days I use to go every week so I have a better perspective of the guy than you guys who may have seen him once or twice a year, of course he got a lot of bad press but I can assure you most of the time he was a reasonably dedicated player.

At times not to bright recall his stoush with Andrews at Windy Hill ( that paddock out in the west some where, where once a Dee player coming off the interchange bench twisted his ankle when slipping into a pot hole...yes on the ground........hey its not a league ground anymore)

He had a brief career and was as long as his attention span, was rather slow but then we got him while at his peek, we picked him up from Richmond were he had been staring in the under 19's, still in his early 20s when he moved on, I do think the Dees got the best of him, he really would have been a star if he was born 40 ys earlier and played in those dirty woods sides.

Ahhhh I recall Jacko well of course why wouldn't I? he played for the Dees a few years, was fairly good at kicking goals, in those days I use to go every week so I have a better perspective of the guy than you guys who may have seen him once or twice a year, of course he got a lot of bad press but I can assure you most of the time he was a reasonably dedicated player.

At times not to bright recall his stoush with Andrews at Windy Hill ( that paddock out in the west some where, where once a Dee player coming off the interchange bench twisted his ankle when slipping into a pot hole...yes on the ground........hey its not a league ground anymore)

He had a brief career and was as long as his attention span, was rather slow but then we got him while at his peek, we picked him up from Richmond were he had been staring in the under 19's, still in his early 20s when he moved on, I do think the Dees got the best of him, he really would have been a star if he was born 40 ys earlier and played in those dirty woods sides.

Jackson lasted only 1/2 a season with the saints and after just 10 games he was sacked because of his discipline. He then went to Geelong where I think he played just as many or close to as many games as he did with Melbourne.

Jackson lasted only 1/2 a season with the saints and after just 10 games he was sacked because of his discipline. He then went to Geelong where I think he played just as many or close to as many games as he did with Melbourne

Discipline problems? @ the Saints? you jest of course?

• Like 1

Jackson lasted only 1/2 a season with the saints and after just 10 games he was sacked because of his discipline. He then went to Geelong where I think he played just as many or close to as many games as he did with Melbourne.

He played 41 games for the Dees and kicked 152 goals; 31 games for the Cats and kicked 115. Not bad value.

• Like 1

DREAM TEAM

Ok guys the Dreamteam is now open and you can start building your teams on the AFL site.

I registered a league called The Thailand MOB but for some reason they didn't give me a code.

Hi Martin Congratulations, you have successfully created your league: Thailand MOB. Your league code should you wish to share it with your mates is: Remember that in 2014 you can create up to 5 classic leagues and join an unlimited number. Good luck for the 2014 season and may the best team win! The NAB AFL Fantasy Team

I can't see anywhere on the linked page to type anything.

• Like 1

DREAM TEAM

I can't see anywhere on the linked page to type anything.

ok .you see the toolbar on top then click on classic fill in a team. rough team as you can change it and once you have done that press save ( you can press save team anytime as you go) Once you have filled all positions and press save you will have the option to start a league or join a league. Where it asks for a league code or name type in Thailand mob and you are in