Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Ahhhh I recall Jacko well of course why wouldn't I? he played for the Dees a few years, was fairly good at kicking goals, in those days I use to go every week so I have a better perspective of the guy than you guys who may have seen him once or twice a year, of course he got a lot of bad press but I can assure you most of the time he was a reasonably dedicated player.

At times not to bright recall his stoush with Andrews at Windy Hill ( that paddock out in the west some where, where once a Dee player coming off the interchange bench twisted his ankle when slipping into a pot hole...yes on the ground........hey its not a league ground anymore)

He had a brief career and was as long as his attention span, was rather slow but then we got him while at his peek, we picked him up from Richmond were he had been staring in the under 19's, still in his early 20s when he moved on, I do think the Dees got the best of him, he really would have been a star if he was born 40 ys earlier and played in those dirty woods sides.

Jackson lasted only 1/2 a season with the saints and after just 10 games he was sacked because of his discipline. He then went to Geelong where I think he played just as many or close to as many games as he did with Melbourne

Discipline problems? @ the Saints? you jest of course?

They were called the party team in the 80's but things have certainly changed

Well that was a nice way to spoil an afternoon, picking a Dream Team...

tongue.png

I see you are in as the AFL sends an email.

Hi Martin This is just to let you know that Grant Grant has successfully joined your league: Thailand MOB If this wasn't planned, as commissioner, you are able to reject teams from your league up until the season starts in your team settings. The NAB AFL Fantasy Team

Entered TEAMS

This league doesn't have any completed teams yet

{C}
1114195.png

Chooka's Chiangmai Saints

1115052.png

Kooweerup Dogs

1137297.png

GrannysApples

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

First time doing a DT for a few years, glad they up'ed the salary cap, think last time I did it, the cap was about 7 million..

Some decent players going cheaply and in dual positions...

Will, BM, rip get your teams in eh, 45 days left ;)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

ok .you see the toolbar on top then click on classic fill in a team. rough team as you can change it and once you have done that press save ( you can press save team anytime as you go) Once you have filled all positions and press save you will have the option to start a league or join a league. Where it asks for a league code or name type in Thailand mob and you are in

Done!

Edited by Xangsamhua
  • Like 1

Ahhhh I recall Jacko well of course why wouldn't I? he played for the Dees a few years, was fairly good at kicking goals, in those days I use to go every week so I have a better perspective of the guy than you guys who may have seen him once or twice a year, of course he got a lot of bad press but I can assure you most of the time he was a reasonably dedicated player.

At times not to bright recall his stoush with Andrews at Windy Hill ( that paddock out in the west some where, where once a Dee player coming off the interchange bench twisted his ankle when slipping into a pot hole...yes on the ground........hey its not a league ground anymore)

He had a brief career and was as long as his attention span, was rather slow but then we got him while at his peek, we picked him up from Richmond were he had been staring in the under 19's, still in his early 20s when he moved on, I do think the Dees got the best of him, he really would have been a star if he was born 40 ys earlier and played in those dirty woods sides.

I met and briefly spoke to Jacko a couple of years back at a show put on by some Perth bikies at a private club.

He was one of three speakers on the night, the others were Chopper Read and Roger Rogerson, a couple of Australia's infamous characters who gave some great insights into their lives (and the people they killed!).

Jacko spoke well and was quite funny while telling anecdotes from his footy career. Didn't come across as slow, but gave the impression most of his antics were very deliberately staged.

I chatted to Chopper for a while until he told me he was a Collingwood supporter which made me lose interest!

I talked longest, and shared a couple of beers, with Roger Rogerson, He came across as a really nice guy despite his lurid past. He was tired from touring and just wanted to get home to see his grandkids.

ok .you see the toolbar on top then click on classic fill in a team. rough team as you can change it and once you have done that press save ( you can press save team anytime as you go) Once you have filled all positions and press save you will have the option to start a league or join a league. Where it asks for a league code or name type in Thailand mob and you are in

Done!

Entered TEAMS

{C}
1114195.png

1115052.png

Kooweerup Dogs

1137297.png

GrannysApples

1143734.png

Leonine Times

1145562.png

Ron19s Rotties

Hey guys i'll get my team organised and signed up etcetera in the next couple of days...

Been moving house and only had the phone for internet the last 2 weeks blink.png. just got connected up today again

That's a relief, I actually thought you passed over to the other side. Didn't know where to send the flowers.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I have just entered my team RIPS SWANS

You're in Ross

Entered TEAMS

{C}
1114195.png

1115052.png

Kooweerup Dogs

1137297.png

GrannysApples

1143734.png

Leonine Times

1145562.png

Ron19s Rotties

1147355.png

Chai Nat Nats

1151733.png

RIPS SWANS

• Like 1

Fremantle have taken a step forward each season under Ross Lyon and will look for one more giant one in 2014.

Nice article.

I still remember those angry Freo supporters asking for the board

to be sacked when Harvey got the flick.

I'm really looking forward to the season opener Coll vs Freo.

• Like 1

Hey guys i'll get my team organised and signed up etcetera in the next couple of days...

Been moving house and only had the phone for internet the last 2 weeks blink.png. just got connected up today again

That's a relief, I actually thought you passed over to the other side. Didn't know where to send the flowers.thumbsup.gif

That's me joined...Bookman's Recruits.

I just clicked any old player for now...Ill refine my winning list in the next week. giggle.gif

That's me joined...Bookman's Recruits.

I just clicked any old player for now...Ill refine my winning list in the next week. giggle.gif

Your in D

We are a little outnumbered by swans supporters

Entered TEAMS

{C}
1114195.png

1115052.png

Kooweerup Dogs

1137297.png

GrannysApples

1143734.png

Leonine Times

1145562.png

Ron19s Rotties

1147355.png

Chai Nat Nats

1151733.png

RIPS SWANS

1155945.png

Bookman's Recruits

• Like 1

This could be bad news for those of us who rely on Australia Network Channel for their footy fix.

ABC Asia network faces budget axe

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/news/2014/1/30/politics/abc-asia-network-faces-budget-axe

The games being shown were already reduced last year to 4 per weekend from 5 and sometimes 6.

I believe AN have a contract with the AFL until 2016 but after that, who knows.

My internet here in Chiang Rai just isn't good enough to stream the games.

I would be gutted if the broadcasts stopped.

Yeah I thought this was one of Labor's policy promises as well - cut funding to Australia Network, which seemed a bit odd for someone like Rudd to have pushed it - but anyway...

I think reading it a little bit further, it's a spat between the Government and the ABC, noting the bid from Sky News in the previous tender, it would seem plausible that the Government will terminate the contract with the ABC and seek an alternative service provider as the Government does have ownership of the company itself.

Furthermore, that article headline is a bit misleading, a little help from google reveals things in a different light and re-affirms what I said above.

It's - potentially - a step in the right direction, if anyone else can take on the broadcasting i.e Sky News aka BSkyB aka Fox Corporation, it would be a step in the right direction and potentially lead to more sport being aired ;)

• Like 1

I've never been a great fan of the ABC, their programming generally does nothing for me, but have kept connected to Phuket Cable purely for the Australian Network footy broadcasts. I'll cancel the subscription if that goes.

I'm also no fan of Friar Abbott and his system of punishment and payoffs government.

No real surprise he's punishing the left wing ABC, nor that he will be paying off Murdoch for assistance provided to help win the election.

I met and briefly spoke to Jacko a couple of years back at a show put on by some Perth bikies at a private club.

He was one of three speakers on the night, the others were Chopper Read and Roger Rogerson, a couple of Australia's infamous characters who gave some great insights into their lives (and the people they killed!).

Jacko spoke well and was quite funny while telling anecdotes from his footy career. Didn't come across as slow, but gave the impression most of his antics were very deliberately staged.

I chatted to Chopper for a while until he told me he was a Collingwood supporter which made me lose interest!

I talked longest, and shared a couple of beers, with Roger Rogerson, He came across as a really nice guy despite his lurid past. He was tired from touring and just wanted to get home to see his grandkids.

Jacko was slow, played like a lumbering 1950's ruckman but had a lot of talent the small defenders run off him very easily even the quick full backs like Langford left him for dead, his strength was in a one on one marking duel, he was very strong and bulky and an excellent mark, except for the better full backs he was a handful, those stats didnt suprise me thats around 4 goals a game.

The game was in a transition when he came along was about to move into the mobile big man, guys like him and the Dempsey's Thompson's era was just about over, he could be used as a relief ruckman but seldom was maybe it was his lack of pace, as i said earlier i saw just about everyone of his games with the Dees i considered him a very good player but his lack of pace hurt us as we had nothing except for Gerad Healy (who kicked 70 odd goals feeding off Jackos spolis) up forward.

As for his antic's im sure many were staged again the league and clubs was moving into a professional stage and more emphasis was on holding high standards of conduct, jacko was from another era, and he would have known he had a limited life span with the lack of pace he had, so that tagg of disciplinary problems comes as no surprise, of course he was smarter then he seemed and looked, the guy featured on a number of TV programs once he retired and by the sound of it is still making a living off his short career.

Jacko was slow, played like a lumbering 1950's ruckman but had a lot of talent the small defenders run off him very easily even the quick full backs like Langford left him for dead, his strength was in a one on one marking duel, he was very strong and bulky and an excellent mark, except for the better full backs he was a handful, those stats didnt suprise me thats around 4 goals a game.

The game was in a transition when he came along was about to move into the mobile big man, guys like him and the Dempsey's Thompson's era was just about over, he could be used as a relief ruckman but seldom was maybe it was his lack of pace, as i said earlier i saw just about everyone of his games with the Dees i considered him a very good player but his lack of pace hurt us as we had nothing except for Gerad Healy (who kicked 70 odd goals feeding off Jackos spolis) up forward.

As for his antic's im sure many were staged again the league and clubs was moving into a professional stage and more emphasis was on holding high standards of conduct, jacko was from another era, and he would have known he had a limited life span with the lack of pace he had, so that tagg of disciplinary problems comes as no surprise, of course he was smarter then he seemed and looked, the guy featured on a number of TV programs once he retired and by the sound of it is still making a living off his short career.

This is doing the social media circuit, made think of you Alex.

post-122647-0-71319700-1391134514_thumb.

When I said he didn't come across as slow, I was talking about his brain and talking ability. He was definitely a bit of a log on the field! His first coach with South Freo was Mal Brown, which could explain some of his antics!

He was one of the main characters in a short lived American tv series called The Highwayman and appeared on Australian tv in the energiser adds. I bet all you old guys remember him in those ads marching across the set shouting Oi! Oi!

He also had a # 1 hit on the Australian music charts.

post-18822-0-54558000-1391144394.jpg

A character.

• Like 1

Unfortunately some things never change!

Cousins charged with drug possession

January 30, 2014

Ben Cousins will appear in court in February.

A 35-year-old Bicton man, believed to be former West Coast Eagles premiership captain Ben Cousins, has been charged with drug possession.

WA Police spokeswoman Susan Usher said a 35-year-old Bicton man had been charged by summons for possessing a prohibited drug allegedly during a traffic stop on October 15 last year.

He is due to appear in the Fremantle Magistrates Court on February 11.

It is the third time Cousins has been charged with drug possession since his ending his playing career with Richmond in 2010.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/cousins-charged-with-drug-possession-20140130-31odk.html#ixzz2ry08Vv1y

• Like 1

How old is old in order to remember Jacko, Khun Old Croc?

Jonathan Brown reminds me of Jacko..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you are a true AFL fan age is no barrier. You can go way back to Lou Richards, Carl Dietrich, Mad Dog Muir, Krackers Keenhan Mel Brown, and the list goes on. I think the last of the hard men will go to Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall. It died with Barry and it was the end of the era.

• Like 1

If you are a true AFL fan age is no barrier. You can go way back to Lou Richards, Carl Dietrich, Mad Dog Muir, Krackers Keenhan Mel Brown, and the list goes on. I think the last of the hard men will go to Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall. It died with Barry and it was the end of the era.

Yeah, I know it was really un-PC what Bazza did to Brent Staker, but by jingo it was quite a hit..

I was there that night - other side of the ground - and the crowd certainly was behind Hally, well the Sydney side of ANZ Stadium was and the un-PC crowd were...

Further engrained the rivalry the Swans and Eagles had developed..

• Like 1

Yeah, I know it was really un-PC what Bazza did to Brent Staker, but by jingo it was quite a hit..

I was there that night - other side of the ground - and the crowd certainly was behind Hally, well the Sydney side of ANZ Stadium was and the un-PC crowd were...

Further engrained the rivalry the Swans and Eagles had developed..

This one??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dsiuc169_w&feature=player_detailpage

and this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kAN_Qkwfo&feature=player_detailpage

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLQC6OI0tYE&feature=player_detailpage

ok and this, he was a great player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZY7d1gN-4g&feature=player_detailpage

• Like 1