Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Chooka is being funny, couldnt get a smile out of you end of last season, the Saints are going now where fast just like the Demons, Richardson is no Hafey nor are the Saints a Collingwood your going to enjoy the backsides of a dozen other teams with me mate...

As for Mr Cousins, LOOSER is all over his forehead, great football player but shit for brains and talking about merda in the brain that Tiger Martin new gf, she likes bad boys or she going to be a stabilizing figure on the weak minded kid? Im sure Hardwick already has Martins severance pay slip made up, one slip up kid and you will be playing country football the rest of your life.

Clubs and newspapers putting out preseason propaganda, how Jones recons new focus on defensive pressure, Franklin new beard, boring boring boring...nab cub (still called that?) boring boring, new experienced kid at club boring boring thank god ive got the Aleague in summer.

Unfortunately some things never change!

Cousins charged with drug possession

January 30, 2014

Ben Cousins will appear in court in February.

A 35-year-old Bicton man, believed to be former West Coast Eagles premiership captain Ben Cousins, has been charged with drug possession.

WA Police spokeswoman Susan Usher said a 35-year-old Bicton man had been charged by summons for possessing a prohibited drug allegedly during a traffic stop on October 15 last year.

He is due to appear in the Fremantle Magistrates Court on February 11.

It is the third time Cousins has been charged with drug possession since his ending his playing career with Richmond in 2010.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/cousins-charged-with-drug-possession-20140130-31odk.html#ixzz2ry08Vv1y

You're not wrong about Cousins. When West Coast had him, Judd, Kerr and Cox, some pundits said it was the best

ruck group in the history of the game.

Brownlow medallist, movie star looks, charisma, he had it all.

He would've been a sponsors dream and could've also had a huge career in the media.

You've got to feel for his family.

How old is old in order to remember Jacko, Khun Old Croc?

Jonathan Brown reminds me of Jacko..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you are a true AFL fan age is no barrier. You can go way back to Lou Richards, Carl Dietrich, Mad Dog Muir, Krackers Keenhan Mel Brown, and the list goes on. I think the last of the hard men will go to Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall. It died with Barry and it was the end of the era.

Yeah, I know it was really un-PC what Bazza did to Brent Staker, but by jingo it was quite a hit..

I was there that night - other side of the ground - and the crowd certainly was behind Hally, well the Sydney side of ANZ Stadium was and the un-PC crowd were...

Further engrained the rivalry the Swans and Eagles had developed..

Yep, the hit on Staker was definitely one of those "do you remember when" moments.

I was working that night and watching the game. Just couldn't believe it. Staker's eyes rolled

like a poker machine.

I agree with chooka, probably the last of an era. You rarely see a hard bump these days let alone a shirt front.

Chooka is being funny, couldnt get a smile out of you end of last season, the Saints are going now where fast just like the Demons, Richardson is no Hafey nor are the Saints a Collingwood your going to enjoy the backsides of a dozen other teams with me mate...

As for Mr Cousins, LOOSER is all over his forehead, great football player but shit for brains and talking about merda in the brain that Tiger Martin new gf, she likes bad boys or she going to be a stabilizing figure on the weak minded kid? Im sure Hardwick already has Martins severance pay slip made up, one slip up kid and you will be playing country football the rest of your life.

Clubs and newspapers putting out preseason propaganda, how Jones recons new focus on defensive pressure, Franklin new beard, boring boring boring...nab cub (still called that?) boring boring, new experienced kid at club boring boring thank god ive got the Aleague in summer.

I have to disagree with you Alex, the most boring thing about summer is the A league, soccer is the most boring sport on the planet, thank god for cricket and tennis. Thank god soccer doesn't warrant T.V coverage.thumbsup.gif

Best not to hit the sauce before the sun's past the yard arm...

• Like 2

I have to disagree with you Alex, the most boring thing about summer is the A league, soccer is the most boring sport on the planet, thank god for cricket and tennis. Thank god soccer doesn't warrant T.V coverage.thumbsup.gif

Yawn chooka yawn.......wonder why just about every nation under the sun has a national soccer team.

The ALeague has grown up last few years, passing and control of the ball is of a high standard now, you would think De Peiro would be scoring a bag of goals but hasnt and why? defensive pressure is excellent.

Allen Jeans was the first to adopt soccer tactics into our game, the new game plans of the 00 pressing, flooding have been seen in soccer for eons.

Test Cricket would have to rate as the number 1 most boring anything on the planet of earth, for the life of me baking under a hot sun 5 min between balls...i could actualy watch and even like limited over 1 day games but of course thats a new invention.

Tennis....had a sports nut gf once reminds me of her, she wouldnt stay over during Wimbledon unless she could watch tennis in bed at 2 or 3 am. She was a Bomber fan, go to all the games but she wasnt closed to soccer like you chooka, you must be a steak and 3 vegie meal man, sleep on the right side of the bed with your water bottle tucked under your feet.

Ps chooker.....ALeauge games are televised live on Foxtell here and SBS do a live friday night game, SBS also has the rights to National team games. And you living up there, you cant escape Premier League anywhere anytime and day and half the tv channels.

And that reminds me, one fine evening i felt like a few beers for lubrication before i ventured out into the wild playgrounds of BKK, walked into a bar and they had an NFL game on (thats Gridiron for you chooka), i was like wow but i needed to hit the john first, ordered my beer rushed to the loo only gone seconds.....pull out my stool....look up....they turned the channel over.....PL mate a PL game...have you noticed how Thais love soccer?

Yawn chooka yawn.......wonder why just about every nation under the sun has a national soccer team.

The ALeague has grown up last few years, passing and control of the ball is of a high standard now, you would think De Peiro would be scoring a bag of goals but hasnt and why? defensive pressure is excellent.

Allen Jeans was the first to adopt soccer tactics into our game, the new game plans of the 00 pressing, flooding have been seen in soccer for eons.

Test Cricket would have to rate as the number 1 most boring anything on the planet of earth, for the life of me baking under a hot sun 5 min between balls...i could actualy watch and even like limited over 1 day games but of course thats a new invention.

Tennis....had a sports nut gf once reminds me of her, she wouldnt stay over during Wimbledon unless she could watch tennis in bed at 2 or 3 am. She was a Bomber fan, go to all the games but she wasnt closed to soccer like you chooka, you must be a steak and 3 vegie meal man, sleep on the right side of the bed with your water bottle tucked under your feet.

Ps chooker.....ALeauge games are televised live on Foxtell here and SBS do a live friday night game, SBS also has the rights to National team games. And you living up there, you cant escape Premier League anywhere anytime and day and half the tv channels.

And that reminds me, one fine evening i felt like a few beers for lubrication before i ventured out into the wild playgrounds of BKK, walked into a bar and they had an NFL game on (thats Gridiron for you chooka), i was like wow but i needed to hit the john first, ordered my beer rushed to the loo only gone seconds.....pull out my stool....look up....they turned the channel over.....PL mate a PL game...have you noticed how Thais love soccer?

Still puts me to sleep within 5 minutes and can't see any skill in it what so ever. Sit there bored shitless watching a game that has no result what a waste of 40 minutes. I have no idea who this De Peiro is and what is a PL?

Good chance of bolter making leap into top four

As a group of under-performing and emerging teams gear themselves for a fresh start this season, history suggests one of the also-rans will launch themselves into the top four.

In 11 of the last 14 years - since the AFL introduced its current finals system in 2000 - at least one team has catapulted into the top four after not featuring in the finals the previous year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/good-chance-of-bolter-making-leap-into-top-four-20140202-31v3g.html#ixzz2sFdDz429

The AFL players who need to step up in 2014

With a fine line between good and great, certain players can make all the difference

Coming into this season, nearly every team, except for a handful of building and re-building clubs, will feel it has a legitimate chance of playing finals. But 12 or 13 teams just doesn't go into eight.

So which players will make the difference when it comes to your club forcing its way into the finals?

These are the players who could give a club that little extra. It could be a player recruited from another club or a bloke on the comeback trail after injury. It may be a player usually rated as ''above average'' who, for whatever reason, only had an ''average'' year in 2013 and is ready to re-discover his best.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-afl-players-who-need-to-step-up-in-2014-20140201-31u86.html#ixzz2sFf1WgZb

Edited by chooka

Sorry chooka, even though you're a hansum man, I have to say that football/soccer is far more enjoyable to watch than tennis.

I do agree, though watching women's tennis is enjoyable often...as is Netball, women's soccer, some of the Australian WOmen's Cricket team...All winners on the perve-o-meter

• Like 2

Reading the news reports online and watching some news programs it appears that Australian Network may disappear after the May budget. I hope this will not be the case as the AFL will be only available on the internet. The cost of the contract for the channel is about $232 million per year, The ABC has upset Abbott and this could be his revenge.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-03/tony-abbott-continues-criticisms-of-abc-over-editorial-judgement/5235806

Reading the news reports online and watching some news programs it appears that Australian Network may disappear after the May budget. I hope this will not be the case as the AFL will be only available on the internet. The cost of the contract for the channel is about $232 million per year, The ABC has upset Abbott and this could be his revenge.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-03/tony-abbott-continues-criticisms-of-abc-over-editorial-judgement/5235806

I feel that it will go to Fox, Murdoch's been seething ever since the contract went to the ABC and to be fair, it wouldn't be a bad thing for Fox to take it over.

Sorry chooka, even though you're a hansum man, I have to say that football/soccer is far more enjoyable to watch than tennis.

I do agree, though watching women's tennis is enjoyable often...as is Netball, women's soccer, some of the Australian WOmen's Cricket team...All winners on the perve-o-meter

I'm rather impartial to watching the LPGA Tour myself ;)

• Like 1

I feel that it will go to Fox, Murdoch's been seething ever since the contract went to the ABC and to be fair, it wouldn't be a bad thing for Fox to take it over.

Won't help people like us who don't get foxtel and the only cable/satellite services in Thailand are true vision a locally owned company. Can't see True Visions having an AFL Channel

Won't help people like us who don't get foxtel and the only cable/satellite services in Thailand are true vision a locally owned company. Can't see True Visions having an AFL Channel

I think you miss my point chooka, the Australia Network channel will be given to Fox to run which will hopefully turn into a better sports coverage, further, there's more than True Visions for cable/satellite tv - the very channel we're talking about here was up until recently exclusively through CTH - which I have.

CTH already carry several US Fox channels as it is, so in theory, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to include some of the Australian Fox channels either.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think you miss my point chooka, the Australia Network channel will be given to Fox to run which will hopefully turn into a better sports coverage, further, there's more than True Visions for cable/satellite tv - the very channel we're talking about here was up until recently exclusively through CTH - which I have.

CTH already carry several US Fox channels as it is, so in theory, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to include some of the Australian Fox channels either.

My comment was that Australian network will be abolished. There will not be a contract offered by the Australian government

Speaking of CTH and the AN, I noticed last night it was gone from CTH.

Wondering if it was just me or everyone?

You mean like Ellyse Perry?

post-69328-0-36760700-1391476715_thumb.j

Will check tonight when I get back home, not going to be too impressed if it's been switched off!

Still listed on the CTH (not that that should be taken for gospel truth) website and Australia Network website indicates that CTH is still the carrier..

Edited by GrantSmith

You mean like Ellyse Perry?

That is who i had in mind tongue.png

• Like 1

Will check tonight when I get back home, not going to be too impressed if it's been switched off!

Still listed on the CTH (not that that should be taken for gospel truth) website and Australia Network website indicates that CTH is still the carrier..

Read this morning that they're doing a software upgrade so I'm hoping it's back on tonight.

They're pretty ordinary to be honest. We signed up about 3 months ago and still haven't received

a bill. Read that some people had to wait 4, 5 and 6 months for the first one.

I had a company called Dynasat but they went under and I lost all channels. I got a card from the Australia network which I simply inserted into the set top box I have from dynasat and this automatically aligned my dish to the satellite. I simply emailed them and they sent the card to me.

DREAMTEAM UPDATE.

Entered TEAMS

This league doesn't have any completed teams yet

{C}
1114195.png

Chooka's Chiangmai Saints

1115052.png

Kooweerup Dogs

1137297.png

GrannysApples

1143734.png

Leonine Times

1145562.png

Ron19s Rotties

1147355.png

Chai Nat Nats

1151733.png

RIPS SWANS

1155945.png

Bookman's Recruits

1162614.png

ROCKHEADS

The AFL tipping opens on 17 February. When it does I will set up our competition and let you all know.

So you will be doing it via the AFL site this year?

NAB CUP kicks off next Wednesday and no I don't take it that seriously but it gives me a chance to look at our recruits and helps with my dream team building.

The AFL tipping opens on 17 February. When it does I will set up our competition and let you all know.

So you will be doing it via the AFL site this year?

NAB CUP kicks off next Wednesday and no I don't take it that seriously but it gives me a chance to look at our recruits and helps with my dream team building.

Yes I think it will be easier and we can have our own competition like the Dreamteam.

I will still post results on here straight from their competition. I think you will be able to use the same login as you do for the Dreamteam comp. .

• Like 1

This might be an interesting news conference.

Essendon's big announcement on ASADA anniversary
Posted by: Alexandra Factor | 5 February, 2014 - 9:17 AM

Essendon is confronting the first anniversary of the club's supplements program investigation head-on.

The Bombers will hold a much-hyped press conference this afternoon with interim coach Mark Thompson, skipper Jobe Watson and 1965 premiership captain Ken Fraser at the club's new Melbourne Airport headquarters.

The scandal overshadowed last year's season and came close to causing Supreme Court action as a bitter rift developed between the league and Essendon.

Huge fines and suspensions were dished out and the worst might be yet to come, with ASADA's investigation continuing.