Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

just emailed the afl tipping people, seems the tips I entered and had acknowledged didnt work for some reason. Makes it hard when the tipping software buggers up especially when it was with Geelong who I always tip. Will be interesting to see what they say as I know I tipped them to win by 19 points, this sucks.

just emailed the afl tipping people, seems the tips I entered and had acknowledged didnt work for some reason. Makes it hard when the tipping software buggers up especially when it was with Geelong who I always tip. Will be interesting to see what they say as I know I tipped them to win by 19 points, this sucks.

Yeah, I feel like i must have been having that problem the past few weeks

• Like 2

No Robinson Crusoe there, been caught out three times, only once did it work in my favor... Christ, if it wasn't for that I'd have halved the gap to the hansum man with kind heart!

Outrageous!

Though to be fair to seajae, I thought it was a bit odd that he was 0 after Friday night...

No Robinson Crusoe there, been caught out three times, only once did it work in my favor... Christ, if it wasn't for that I'd have halved the gap to the hansum man with kind heart!

Outrageous!

Though to be fair to seajae, I thought it was a bit odd that he was 0 after Friday night...

You know what they say Mr Smith!

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

BookMan, what's the chances of North coming out and upsetting Hawthorn

this week?

They must be a real chance seeing as no one will expect them to winrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

this week?

Good to see the mind games are starting early

• Like 2

this week?

I've picked the roo'sbiggrin.png,they owe me.

this week?

They'd have to be a big chance, Scott needs to show that they're no pushover and hopefully Boomer's over his menopause...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

this week?

I've picked the roo'sbiggrin.png,they owe me.

Those Mother*#@* turkeys North!

I think they are a great chance Khunwill and I'll be tipping them

I have placed all my tips this week and wont be changing a one!

• Like 1

North Melbourne footballer Majak Daw charged with rape

North Melbourne footballer Majak Daw has been charged with three counts of rape relating to an alleged sexual assault in Altona North in 2007.

Victoria Police detectives filed a charges summons at court on Monday and Daw is expected to be served with a summons today.

It is believed the charges relate to allegations of penile, oral and digital rape.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/north-melbourne-footballer-majak-daw-charged-with-rape-20140701-zsrod.html#ixzz36Al0oCmJ

David Mundy agrees to a three-year contract extension with Fremantle.

Gun midfielder David Mundy has committed to the club until the end of season 2017 after agreeing to a three-year contract extension with Fremantle.

The 28-year-old, who was out of contract at the end of this season said it wasn’t just a football decision it was also a life decision.

“I’ve gone on public record to state that every time I have come out of contract it’s a heavy pull to go back to Victoria,” Mundy said.

“I wasn’t just looking at the next three or four or five years, I was looking ten years down the track about how I could best support my family.”

“At the end of the day I’m playing good football at Fremantle, I’m thankful for them for giving me my opportunity and I’m enjoying my time here.”

The elite midfielder has been a member of the club’s leadership group since 2010 and was awarded the Doig Medal in the same year.

Mundy believes the club is starting to build its on-field and off-field momentum.

“We’ve got a really strong playing group at the moment led by some fantastic coaches,” he said.

“The drive and the determination that exists in our training rooms and our training track is really translating onto the field so I am excited to be part of that moving forward.”

General manager of player management Brad Lloyd said Mundy has been an important player for the club for a number of years.

“We are excited that he has chosen to extend his contract with the club,” Lloyd said.

“Two hundred games was a significant personal milestone for David.

Milestone Mundy's emotional entrace

“We look forward to him building on his outstanding career to date and contributing to the team's success in the coming years.”

Mundy was drafted to the club with pick 19 in the 2003 draft, making his debut in round 6, 2005 against Melbourne.

He has played 200 games for Fremantle and was runner up to Nat Fyfe in the 2013 Doig Medal count.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

North Melbourne footballer Majak Daw has been charged with three counts of rape relating to an alleged sexual assault in Altona North in 2007.

Victoria Police detectives filed a charges summons at court on Monday and Daw is expected to be served with a summons today.

It is believed the charges relate to allegations of penile, oral and digital rape.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/north-melbourne-footballer-majak-daw-charged-with-rape-20140701-zsrod.html#ixzz36Al0oCmJ

"Further, the AFL has determined that a restriction will be placed on the player’s AFL and club promotional and development duties."

Apparently it hasn't been curbed too much, his face is still very much on the home page of the AFL's Tipping website ;)

Among other things, this will be an interesting test of the "Limitations of Actions Act" in Victoria given the alleged incident occurred in 2007. Always a tricky topic.

Really good to see Clarko up and about and back in the coaching box. Said he'd been about the place since coming out of hospital and did his rehab at the club. Now that's staying involved! No wonder the Hawks didn't choke out, but how will they handle not having Bruce's lovechild for the rest of the season?

I disagree that Scott has anything to explain about what happened, his press conference after being cleared by the AFL nailed it, it didn't look threatening and the words that Scott said match his body language. Case closed.

As Brad said, it's a fine line, when Clarko pinged Lloydy a few years back, he copped a fine, fair enough he was out of line (well Lloydy deserved every last bit of that spray, but probably should've waited until they were down at the pub). Scott's being hung out to dry by the media (no surprises there really) over a small incident that really, is inconsequential to anything. Possibly trying to fuel the fire? Media just being the media. Surprised Damian Barrett wasn't more supportive though.

In other news, the MRP will get another week off after everyone accepted their medicine, I'm surprised Mitch Robinson didn't fight his charge. Seemed rather innocuous to be honest.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Further, the AFL has determined that a restriction will be placed on the player’s AFL and club promotional and development duties."

Apparently it hasn't been curbed too much, his face is still very much on the home page of the AFL's Tipping website wink.png

Among other things, this will be an interesting test of the "Limitations of Actions Act" in Victoria given the alleged incident occurred in 2007. Always a tricky topic.

Really good to see Clarko up and about and back in the coaching box. Said he'd been about the place since coming out of hospital and did his rehab at the club. Now that's staying involved! No wonder the Hawks didn't choke out, but how will they handle not having Bruce's lovechild for the rest of the season?

I disagree that Scott has anything to explain about what happened, his press conference after being cleared by the AFL nailed it, it didn't look threatening and the words that Scott said match his body language. Case closed.

As Brad said, it's a fine line, when Clarko pinged Lloydy a few years back, he copped a fine, fair enough he was out of line (well Lloydy deserved every last bit of that spray, but probably should've waited until they were down at the pub). Scott's being hung out to dry by the media (no surprises there really) over a small incident that really, is inconsequential to anything. Possibly trying to fuel the fire? Media just being the media. Surprised Damian Barrett wasn't more supportive though.

In other news, the MRP will get another week off after everyone accepted their medicine, I'm surprised Mitch Robinson didn't fight his charge. Seemed rather innocuous to be honest.

It may have been a small incident but it could've escalated. I think Scott was playing with fire and shouldn't have

been there in the first instance. Things can turn nasty. Imagine if a Brissy player got offended at Scott being there

(especially while Jonathon Brown was being presented with a jumper) and told him to piss off?

Scott said “(I had) a very simple conversation with Tom, which was along the lines of, ‘mate, what happened after the siren with Boomer?’,”

It was nothing to do with you Scotty.

Then he said "I’m a coach, I’m not out on the field of battle. I don’t know exactly what was exchanged.”

Exactly, leave it between the players.

And who can forget his words when Nathan Buckley commented on the Lindsay Thomas/Ben Reid incident

"Nathan Buckley should just worry about his own team,'' Scott said and

"Bucks should just keep his opinions to himself when it comes to decisions and things that will be taken care

of by the powers that be."

Brisbane premiership coach Leigh Matthews, now a football director on the Lions board, yesterday slammed

Scott’s on-field exchange, calling it a “big mistake’’

Come on Scotty, you can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

I don't rate brad scott as a great coach, at the moment. He could improve, but I worry his constant anger in the coaches box is a hindrance.

Look at North last year and this year. So many games lost due to strategic mistakes on the field. They have a decent list of players and under a different coach they might well be more consistent.

That is why the top 5 coaches are wanted by every team

• Like 1

Are there any Collingwood supporters that I should be aware of?biggrin.png

Not they we are aware of. There maybe some hiding in the corridors of this forum

collingwood side by side , 2015 flag in the bag,,,,thumbsup.gif

Looks like a Collingwood supporter has shown themselves. Enjoying themselves before their loss to Gold Coast this week I guess

• Like 1

I think Scotty's rationalising it by saying that he didn't come at it from an emotional stand point. That's fairly evident from the vision, could it have escalated? My word it could have, Tom could've told Scotty to &lt;deleted&gt; off back to mexico and then the shit would've really hit the fan!

I think all credit should be given to Tom Rockcliff in this instance and Scotty should really be thanking him for not taking offence to his approach.

Without the media blowing this out of proportion, would this have raised anyones eyebrows? Look at the vision, Scotty walks over to Rockcliff - pretty calmly mind you - has a quick chat - no finger pointing, no angry birds faces - and then walks back over to chat with Leppa - he then gives a bit of an "eye roll" - which might be where this thing gets the attention of the media.

As for the Buckley contradiction, I'd have to have a look at the vision to see Buckley's reaction.

Put it this way, like for like, had I not seen the Scott / Rockliff "altercation" and just read it, I'd probably have a different view on it.

• Like 1

I don't rate brad scott as a great coach, at the moment. He could improve, but I worry his constant anger in the coaches box is a hindrance.

Look at North last year and this year. So many games lost due to strategic mistakes on the field. They have a decent list of players and under a different coach they might well be more consistent.

Agree, he's nowhere near as good as his brother but then again even his brother isn't what I'd call "great".

The only "great" coaches coaching at the moment, IMO, are: Clarko and Roosey. Down from them would be Chris Scott, Horse Longmire and Ross Lyons. Mick's past is used by date, which is a shame, because love him or hate him back in the day, he was one of the best in the business. Ken Hinkley's almost there but probably needs a flag or a grand final appearance to move up in the ranks.

I enjoy Brad Scott's passion and his support for his players, but it's his emotions (passion) that get the better of him. If he learns to keep them in check - there's not much evidence out there to suggest he can, but IF he can there's no reason why North can't be considered serious contenders in the future. Take this season for example, they've beaten 3 of the current top 4 this year and could make it a clean sweep this weekend but they cock it up by being beaten by the bottom 4 sides. Go figure :P

• Like 1

Here's a look at the run home to September...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-29/the-run-home-round-15

Who's got the the toughest and easiest runs home:

Toughest: Freo; playing 2 of the top 4 at home plus Geelong away.

Easiest: Sydney; playing top 2 (and the only 2 games of the last 8 against top 8 sides) away with the rest of the games against teams not figuring in the top 8 (currently)

• Like 1

Here's a look at the run home to September...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-29/the-run-home-round-15

Who's got the the toughest and easiest runs home:

Toughest: Freo; playing 2 of the top 4 at home plus Geelong away.

Easiest: Sydney; playing top 2 (and the only 2 games of the last 8 against top 8 sides) away with the rest of the games against teams not figuring in the top 8 (currently)

Sydney will be well happy. Also happy they have played kind of Cr-ap and won the last 3 games

• Like 1

Agree, he's nowhere near as good as his brother but then again even his brother isn't what I'd call "great".

The only "great" coaches coaching at the moment, IMO, are: Clarko and Roosey. Down from them would be Chris Scott, Horse Longmire and Ross Lyons. Mick's past is used by date, which is a shame, because love him or hate him back in the day, he was one of the best in the business. Ken Hinkley's almost there but probably needs a flag or a grand final appearance to move up in the ranks.

I enjoy Brad Scott's passion and his support for his players, but it's his emotions (passion) that get the better of him. If he learns to keep them in check - there's not much evidence out there to suggest he can, but IF he can there's no reason why North can't be considered serious contenders in the future. Take this season for example, they've beaten 3 of the current top 4 this year and could make it a clean sweep this weekend but they cock it up by being beaten by the bottom 4 sides. Go figure tongue.png

I would put Lyons up there with Roos and Clarkson. True he hasn't got the chocolates, but he was a bee's dick away

with the draw. His win/loss ratio is up there with the elite but he needs a flag.

Chris Scott inherited a pretty good list at Geelong and has done very well.

Brad Scott on the other hand is in his 5th year at North.

He has taken them to 9th, 9th 8th (lost their final to WCE by 96 points) and 13th.

I don't think North have improved much since day 1 to be honest. Will be interesting

to see how they finish up this year.

• Like 1

Pretty much what some of us were discussing about Frawley a little while ago.

Melbourne hopes to retain James Frawley, despite stinging attack from club legend Garry Lyon

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/melbourne-hopes-to-retain-james-frawley-despite-stinging-attack-from-club-legend-garry-lyon-20140701-zssdw.html#ixzz36GrqnqGW

• Like 1

I enjoy Brad Scott's passion and his support for his players, but it's his emotions (passion) that get the better of him. If he learns to keep them in check - there's not much evidence out there to suggest he can, but IF he can there's no reason why North can't be considered serious contenders in the future. Take this season for example, they've beaten 3 of the current top 4 this year and could make it a clean sweep this weekend but they cock it up by being beaten by the bottom 4 sides. Go figure tongue.png

I would put Lyons up there with Roos and Clarkson. True he hasn't got the chocolates, but he was a bee's dick away

with the draw. His win/loss ratio is up there with the elite but he needs a flag.

Chris Scott inherited a pretty good list at Geelong and has done very well.

Brad Scott on the other hand is in his 5th year at North.

He has taken them to 9th, 9th 8th (lost their final to WCE by 96 points) and 13th.

I don't think North have improved much since day 1 to be honest. Will be interesting

to see how they finish up this year.

One coach who doesn't get the accolades he deserves IMO is Malcolm Blight.

He took Geelong to 3 grand finals and then Adelaide to back to back premierships.

With the Ade premierships, 1997 they finished 4th and in 98 they finished 5th.

A great achievement.

The only downer was his short period of time at St Kilda.

He coached just over 200 games for 5 grand finals and 2 premierships.

On the other hand, Malthouse has coached over 600 games for 3 premierships.

And a lot of people, myself included thought he seriously under achieved at WC.

• Like 2

Talent gap is clear, says Malthouse

Imagine how poor old Ed Curnow felt while he read this article.

I'm sure the other players will be pissed off over it as well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-02/talent-gap-is-clear-mick

Typical of Malthouse to shift the blame away from himself.

Remember this from March of this year:

"Malthouse projects that clubs who are at 12 o'clock are primed to win a premiership

and says last year's top-four would be within their rights to think they're "between 11 and 1".

"The rest of us, and we're one of those, we're caught in that bracket…are we approaching 11 o'clock?

I would say that we're approaching 11 o'clock,"

Or how about this one when he first took over,

"I want a healthy side, a good game plan and an attitude of 'We are hungry enough.'
"Take those ingredients, along with the stars and planets aligning (and), we may very well have the makings

of a premiership side," Malthouse wrote.

The man is a germ.