Really Loving this weather

meechai

A bit of light rain everyday or night would be the icing on the cake thumbsup.gif

True to help clean the dust on the roads but, it is usually warmer if there is a cloud cover.

The cool fresh air at nights is so nice now. Sleeping with all the windows & glass door open.

Gonna be a cheap month for electricity :)

But the days have been glorious. Not sweating at all really. During the hot months

even airing up my tires at the gas station has me breaking a sweat :)

• Like 1

yes, it does seem cooler than last year.

Great for playing golf, but I confess it does seem cold to me when driving around on the motorcyle at night and the pool seems to have dropped below 27 °C, which makes it too cold to stay inside when the sun doesn't shine strong.

• Like 2

A bit of light rain everyday or night would be the icing on the cake thumbsup.gif

True to help clean the dust on the roads but, it is usually warmer if there is a cloud cover.

The cool fresh air at nights is so nice now. Sleeping with all the windows & glass door open.

Gonna be a cheap month for electricity smile.png

But the days have been glorious. Not sweating at all really. During the hot months

even airing up my tires at the gas station has me breaking a sweat smile.png

All windows closed at our place at night. Too smokey sad.png . Luckily it's cold enough with windows closed. No fans.

Had some smell of burnt something the last 2 days, may have been the neighbor. Doesn't make sense to burn fields now....

I certainly hope it wasnt your neighbour that was burnt, attempted cremation? smile.png

Yes the mornings have been a bit chilly lately but the days are just so good, have been out on the motorbike a lot lately and its a joy to have a fullface helmet..... keeps you just that bit warmer (Plus better protection than open face).

Not looking forward to the burning/smokey season but no doubt it will come.

Enjoy the moment I say!

Beautiful weather indeed. I always look forward to this season but this year is a bit different because of my endless coughing. Normally this happens during the hot season which is not surprising. Many of us suffer that time. So I was happy that I could stay here during cool season then leave a couple of months later before the madness starts. But for some reason this year this unproductive coughing started a bit earlier, have no idea why. Never happened before. Went to see the doctor, but didn't get anything other than a bunch of useless medicine and antibiotics. So my question is, does anybody have any idea or advice on how to deal with it, stop it, make it easier? Thank you

Beautiful weather indeed. I always look forward to this season but this year is a bit different because of my endless coughing. Normally this happens during the hot season which is not surprising. Many of us suffer that time. So I was happy that I could stay here during cool season then leave a couple of months later before the madness starts. But for some reason this year this unproductive coughing started a bit earlier, have no idea why. Never happened before. Went to see the doctor, but didn't get anything other than a bunch of useless medicine and antibiotics. So my question is, does anybody have any idea or advice on how to deal with it, stop it, make it easier? Thank you

I had a cough like you describe & it just would not go away.

Especially at night when laying down.

Zithromax a wide spectrum penicillin

Generic name azithromycin

Not cheap & I think I remember the Zithromax was 6-700 baht but the generic 350

It is to treat respiratory infections caused by bacteria,as well as some other things.

It is only 5 pills you take two the first day & one there after

Some folks take two courses or two a day if severe symptoms & you can buy it at any pharmacy

I never abuse penicillin so no worries about immunity to them

Sometimes you get something like this upper resp infection & it can be really tough to get rid of.

azithromycin should knock it out if that is what it is.

Edited by meechai

Had a cough like you describe a few years ago, after about 2 weeks Id had enough so went to see the medics. Was told not to worry as some virus was going around and it became known as the 20 day cough. Weird stuff as to the day it lasted exactly 20 days, not one day more. Havent had it since thank god. Very annoying and little could be done to get rid of it apart from soothing a sore throat. Strepsils helped but as most know there is beggar all that will cure a virus...ie the common cold is still around.

Good health and hopefully your symptoms will ease

We were doing a little shopping in Lampang city today between noon and 2:00pm.

A lot of the time was spent in the sun walking from store to store and I was enjoying the added warmth from the sun.

I will keep the memory of today in the vault for the dog days of April.

• Like 1

We were doing a little shopping in Lampang city today between noon and 2:00pm.

A lot of the time was spent in the sun walking from store to store and I was enjoying the added warmth from the sun.

I will keep the memory of today in the vault for the dog days of April.

You know what you say here really sums it up for me too.

Being able to be out in the sunshine & feeling fine is very nice.

Compared to the months of hiding from the sunlight because it is so

strong. During those months even a few minutes in the direct sun is

very draining. During those times I am literally in awe of how strong the heat

on my face/head is while walking in direct sunlight

• Like 1

Bloody freezing. I think I'll have to actually wear pajamas in the night, it got under 25 last week.

EDIT: for the mods: when you send a newsletter in email, how about including the information it's a local forum. Still, freezing.

Edited by DrTuner

antibiotics for coughing????...change your doctor....antibiotics are for infections not coughs and colds......plus big advertisement in the UK at the moment any cough over 3 weeks old should go to the doctor as it can be the first signs of lung cancer......go to a decent doctor for advice......stay safe

• Like 2

I know "To Each His Own" but Mate why did you come to Thailand? I need Air conditioning like another hole in my head. This now Cold Weather is not at all to my liking. My old joints all protest and my padded coldweather jacket is nearly worn out. I can still remember the pitifal, coal "fire", the drizzling rain and the ice on the sidewalk back in the old U.K. Where would you sooner be?

Yesterday where I live by the Mae Wong national park it was 17C at 6am.

I used to enjoy it but now it makes my arferitis and screwmatism play up and my bones ache.

I was out in the car today, no a/c and the window open, the breeze blowing what hair I have left around. It was sunny and like a warm autumn day back in the UK.

I know "To Each His Own" but Mate why did you come to Thailand? I need Air conditioning like another hole in my head. This now Cold Weather is not at all to my liking. My old joints all protest and my padded coldweather jacket is nearly worn out. I can still remember the pitifal, coal "fire", the drizzling rain and the ice on the sidewalk back in the old U.K. Where would you sooner be?

I guess it all comes down to what your comfy with.

I do not call this cold at all but comfortable.

I lived all my life in temps from 10c low to say 28c

With most of the time right at 20-21c

So I guess I consider this time of year comfy.

Not too hot...Not too cold...but just right or padee padee as they say here smile.png

Also for me Cold ( although I have never seen "cold" here ) is easier to deal with than scorched IMHO

I can always throw on a long sleeve or what ever.

But when it is 40c does not matter if I am naked I am dying heheh

Edited by meechai

Yes indeed nice and cool. But what many do not realise is that these fresh breezes from the North are very polluted.

The wind blows from Siberia over the dusty Gobi dessert -apparently there are surface coal areas constantly on fire in China.Then of course it gets worse when the slash & burn starts in Laos and Northern Thailand. It seems to be starting earlier each year. To add insult to injury in our case the winds also pass over Bangkok before reaching here in P'ya.

You may notice that this time of year despite regular cleaning of the floors your feet will be pitch black by the end of the day.

No surprise to me to see a number of previous posts reporting persistent dry cough - I suffer from that as well. So now you know the cause.....

Go to a hospital or test center where they can do the staph stain tests to see what it is. For me the culprit was staph aureus, which is resistant to the usual amoxy that the hacks will give you by kilo. Had to take claron, which is clarithromycin, the side effect were not so pleasant, but it got rid of the damned cough.

In Hua Hin, lovely blue skies and a wonderful breeze, not too many tourists yet but thousands of acres of advertising hoardings which are a blight on the town. Still the best time of year even if the gf moans about being cold.

• Like 1

Actually the wind blows from one direction for half the year, the East, and the other way for the other half (called a tropical monsoon climate). Unfortunately, we are breathing China's pollution right now, and will be breathing it for several weeks. Antihistimines should help, and orange juice and vitamin c are natural antihistimines, if you like the natural approach. Tiffy has phenylephrine, which is a psuedonym for ephedrine. It helps too.

I have the same problem, and fresh orange juice in the morning with a Tiffy at lunch is doing the trick for me.