Phuket man electrocuted while answering call of nature

webfact

Phuket man electrocuted while answering call of nature
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Thai man died yesterday evening (December 11) at the back of the Cherng Talay OrBorTor offices when he went to “shoot a rabbit” near a barbed wire fence. It turned out the fence, in addition to the barbs, also had a lethal amount of electricity running through it.

Police and Thalang Hospital staff arrived at the scene to find the man, named only as Dang, 40, unconscious but just breathing. There was a burn on his belly. Despite their best efforts, he died soon after.

A friend told police that Mr Dang, while answering the call of nature, touched the barbed wire with his belly, and received a lethal jolt of power.

It was later discovered that the electricity had leaked from a nearby tangle of power lines.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-electrocuted-while-answering-call-of-nature-43396.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-12-12

Faulty Phuket public lighting deals deadly electric shock
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: A construction worker died from an electric shock yesterday afternoon when he leaned against a barbed wire fence to urinate.

“The fence was accidentally electrified by a frayed wire,” said Lt Peerasit Noopayan of the Cherng Talay Police.

A nearby light pole was leaning to one side, and the frayed wire which supplies it with electricity came into contact with the fence, electrifying it, a rescue worker said.

Called to the scene, a workers’ camp behind the Cherng Talay administrative office at 5:45pm, police and Kusoldharm rescue workers found the man – known only as Mr Dang – unconscious on the ground.

“He had a small black spot on his abdomen where the skin was burned,” said Lt Peerasit.

Friends told police that Mr Dang had been relaxing after work when he said he needed to urinate. He walked to the nearby fence, and then suddenly fell down, Lt Peerasit said.

“His friends shook him to try to wake him up, but he didn’t respond, so they called the police,” Lt Peerasit said.

Efforts to revive Mr Dang with CPR at the scene were unsuccessful. He was then taken to Thalang Hospital, where medical staff tried for an hour to resuscitate him before pronouncing him dead.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Faulty-Phuket-public-lighting-deals-deadly-electric-shock-23008.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-12-12

"It was later discovered that the electricity had leaked from a nearby tangle of power lines."

It could happen to anyone, anywhere..... just blind luck.

Let's make a slight adjustment to the "could happen to anyone anywhere" to "could happen to anyone anywhere IN THAILAND" !

"shoot a rabbit" a new one for me. I use "water the horse" I guess the difference between Australia and Canada.

Must be able to piss a long way; unless they have myxomatosis!

I'd like to think if I had a medical emergency someone might call a paramedic rather than a cop!