Achacha fruit (Australia or South America)

namdocmai

I 'm looking for Achachairy fruit seeds. They are a new fruit from Australia and coming from Bolivia. As nice as mangosteen and easy to eat.

In South America they grow all over the place, Australia grows them on plantations and they get popular very fast.

Can somebody bring some seeds to Thailand? They should be in season about now in Australia, in South America in februari.

If you know where i can buy them please let me know.

post-190589-0-15482700-1386827414_thumb.

post-190589-0-33640200-1386827586_thumb.

I ordered some seeds but they will be irradiated i guess. Best is to get fresh seeds.

http://www.tropical-exotic-seeds-and-plants.com/storefront/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=0d452f56b1d9d17eaca42170e87060e6

This shop is from a friend in BKK and will have them soon.

I grow the cherry of rio grande from this shop and they speak/write english.

Thanks for that, if you get more info and seeds/plants I would be interested to hear about it.

I ordered some seeds of achacha and have some other fruit-tree's growing allready that are not availlable in Thailand.

There are loads of tropical fruits that are not in Thailand yet, in Australia (where you are from) there are also loads of fruits that probably you have never seen before. If you have interest in growing something different then the www.tropicalfruitforum.com might be a nice site to visit. You can also just google for tropical fruits.

Thanks Namdoc, I'll have a look at the forum. Actually I'm going back to Oz in the first half of next year for a while, so I'll try and bring some seeds back with me.

I learned from that fruitforum that in Queensland they have soo many fruits that are not in Thailand yet. I also would like to grow pedalai (and many more plants) that are not availlable in Thailand but are in Queensland. Pedalai seems to be the best of the jackfruit-family. I grow australian passionfruits here now and they are almost ripe. I hope they will be sweet.

Are you from Queensland by the way? Also the KP (Kensington Pride) mango is something the Aussie's rave about but we don't have them in Thailand. You can taste them and see if they are better then a namdocmai.

Also seeds from the red sugarapples (atemoya) are not in Thailand.

http://www.achacha.com.au/?option=com_wordpress&Itemid=68〈=en&page_id=130

Here you can see where they sell the achacha's in Oz. Season has started now.

I'm not from Q'ld but will be staying there with my son for a while, so I'll do some research, but not until May.

Well if you are really interested in good fruits than maybe you can contact one of the members of the rare fruit counsel in Queensland. They have a good collection there from all over the world. Most of them will also grow in Thailand so if you have enough land then you can try to grow some new fruits that Thailand doesn't have.

I read that Rusty's market also has a great offer but probably you know the area better then me, i was there 20 years ago.

I'm not from Q'ld but will be staying there with my son for a while, so I'll do some research, but not until May.

Well if you are really interested in good fruits than maybe you can contact one of the members of the rare fruit counsel in Queensland. They have a good collection there from all over the world. Most of them will also grow in Thailand so if you have enough land then you can try to grow some new fruits that Thailand doesn't have.

I read that Rusty's market also has a great offer but probably you know the area better then me, i was there 20 years ago.

I'm definitely out of touch, didn't know about the rare fruit counsel. I lived for a long time near Nimbin, NSW, home of the bong, - but also the Seed Savers network , which is also now international. Thanks for the ideas.

I'm definitely out of touch, didn't know about the rare fruit counsel. I lived for a long time near Nimbin, NSW, home of the bong, - but also the Seed Savers network , which is also now international. Thanks for the ideas.

http://rfcarchives.org.au/index.htm