Yingluck denies she's taking leave

webfact

Yingluck denies she's taking leave
The Nation
Chiang Mai

CHIANG MAI: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Friday denied that she is taking leave, as widely reported in the press.

The prime minister also denied that she had assigned Deputy Prime Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana to take charge of the caretaker government on her behalf.

Speaking to reporters at the Chiang Mai railway station, Yingluck said she only assigned Phongthep to take charge of the reform talks that the government is holding at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre on Sunday.

She talked to reporters before taking a special train from Chiang Mai to Lampang to inspect the northern railway route following repairs.

About 200 red shirts waited to give her moral support as she arrived at the railway station.

Yingluck travelled with caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi, caretaker Interior Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan, caretaker Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt and State Railway of Thailand Governor Prapat Chongsanguan.

The northern route has been closed for repairs and services were resumed on December 1.

Once on board the train, Yingluck talked about the current political situation, saying she agreed that political reform needed to be done.

"Please tell me how it should be done. I see that the politics should be reformed. But how should it be done to win acceptance from all sides? I agree with Senior Citizen Doctor Prawase Wasi who said there is inequality in our society. We must bring about fairness in the country instead of changing the government or fighting. We must turn to talk to one another," Yingluck said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-13

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the PM initiates a forum to solve the crisis, then let someone else do the talking for her.

Only in Thailand Pheu Thai .

Does there need to be any more proof that Yingluck isn't capable for leading this government.

It's fair to suggest she is doing this because she recognises that she is a divisive figure. I doubt that she is scared of the goose stepping bully boy and in any event he doesn't have the guts to attend.

• Like 2

".....she agreed that political reform needed to be done."

Which is not the same as saying that the she will do it. We need to STOP CORRUPTION - but did the program ever get a START?

Well she did make an effort to crack down on corruption in Pattaya but Suthep and his cronies just laughed and same old same old, but I do agree there needs to be better efforts than that!

No, it is better that it proceeds in her absence. If she were there, it would degenerate into a feral frenzy. I hope the people who do attend are able to come up with some sensible proposals . Thailand runs the risk of being shunned by the international community if the lunacy of the people's committee gets legs

• Like 2

No, it is better that it proceeds in her absence. If she were there, it would degenerate into a feral frenzy. I hope the people who do attend are able to come up with some sensible proposals . Thailand runs the risk of being shunned by the international community if the lunacy of the people's committee gets legs

In other words your saying that she's incapable of conducting the seminar / adding solid valuable contribution, etc.

• Like 1

Caretaker PM denies taking leave to avoid Sunday forum
By Digital Content

13869263058794.jpg

LAMPANG, Dec 13 - Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Friday denied taking leave to avoid participating in the government-proposed political reform forum this Sunday.

Ms Yingluck's explanation came as she inspected the newly-renovated northern rail route from Chiang Mai to Lampang province. Caretaker deputy prime minister Phongthep Thepkanjana has been assigned to supervise the political reform forum on Sunday, she said, denying that she was taking leave only to avoid her responsibility as caretaker premier.

During her Friday ride, State Railway of Thailand governor Prapat Chongsanguan briefed her on the renovation updates and plans to improve landscaping along the railroad.

The caretaker premier stressed the importance of rail transportation safety as well as transforming Thai provinces with train access into tourist destinations.

Ms Yingluck was warmly received by locals throughout her trip amid tight security. A number of Red Shirt supporters were waiting to give her flowers and provided her moral support all the way from Chiang Mai to Lampang province. As she arrived in Lampang, the caretaker premier alighted from the train and greeted supporters waiting at the station.

The northern route was closed for repairs in September, and service resumed December 1.

In other development, Chuchai Ratanachaicharn, secretary-general of the Council of State, today said in a national televised address that the general election which is set for February 2 cannot be postponed.

He said the Constitution stipulates that the election must be held within 60 days after the lower House is dissolved, in this case, Feb 6 is the last day to hold election as the king endorsed the royal decree on House dissolution on Dec 9.

Postponing the election beyond February 6 is unconstitutional, he said, no matter if the dialogue to find a way out of the nation's crisis will conclude in time or not.

Regarding the government's political reform forum this Sunday, permanent secretary for the Prime Minister's Office Tongthong Chandrangsu said 100 representatives of different sectors will be invited to help brainstorm and find a solution out of the current political stalemate.

He said the forum will be live broadcast via Channel 11 and among those invited are seven business organisations, media, permanent-secretary for ministries, the Council of the University Presidents of Thailand, military, police, King Prajadhipok's Institute, former lawmakers, anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) and pro-government United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD).

Roadmap shaping Thailand's political future is expected to be complete before New Year, paving the way for the general election on February 2, Mr Tongthong said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-13

At last, somebody with brains. Thank goodness for that.

At last, somebody with brains. Thank goodness for that.

You can be very sure the government's forum will not degenerate into a 'feral frenzy' with reps from the business, private sectors, educational institutes, etc there. Everyone will behave well.

Of course the government only announced this forum after Suthep announced his, their attempt to seem progressive.

Someone will explain to Yingluck later in simple terms what was discussed.

In simple terms ..... that's why she isn't attending.

That woman is incapable of having an intelligent discussion.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1