Yingluck 'will be forced to stand down'

webfact

The People's Democratic Reform Council is an impossibility since it is undemocratic itself and led by a Dictator.all of the committee and members

The PDRC leader's proposal is to select committe members from his 'privileged peoples class' and the Democrats.

Edited by indyuk
  • Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine this clown spouting his crap in the UK or USA.

Western countries especially UK and US are 'lands of law'. Thailand is a 'land of men'. Very different and something most people probably take for granted.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif US "lands of law".....you didn't watch news for the last 10 years...

• Like 2

The People's Democratic Reform Council is an impossibility since it is undemocratic itself and led by a Dictator.all of the committee and members

The PDRC leader's proposal is to select committe members from his 'privileged peoples class' and the Democrats.

no it is not, because as Suthep told: It is for a short time (14 month) with the only purpose to prepare the framework for democratic elections.

Than there are elections and all members of the the reform council are banned for 5 years from politic to ensure they don't put in some self serving laws.

Not sure if the mods will allow this, but if so, check this out.

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2013/12/13/exclusive-suthep-is-thaksins-proxy/

Yes, Suthep seems to have blundered massively. After the defeat of the Amnesty Bill he had gained a huge amount of support which he and the Dems could have channeled in to challenging PT on other issues such as the rice-pledging scheme which would have strengthened their case considerably. Instead he chose to challenge the democratic system and in just over one week his support is flowing away.

You'd have imagined he would only have taken this course of action if he'd received at least a wink and nudge from the military that he could rely on their support because when crunch time comes its the army that holds all the aces. But we've seen the army staying on the sidelines at least up to this point in time and in refusing to go to meet him (making Suthep go to them instead), show that they are not going to dance to his tune.

It's a massive own goal and when it must have looked really bleak for Thaksin at the beginning of the month, Suthep has come charging in like a bull in a china shop and the spotlight has shifted from the man in Dubai to the man from down south. What happens next? There will be talks of reform and talks about talks. There'll be committees and groups to look into this and to that and before you know it, it will be Feb 2nd and election time. The Democrats as a party have painted themselves into a corner. If Abhisit doesn't contest the election he will face charges of being undemocratic, if he does contest the election people will query his long-time support for Suthep.

Suthep has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I and many millions of others here in LOS realize Suthep is talking absolute nonsense. He is behaving like a wanna be marxist leader. What on earth is a peoples council? Sounds like an invention of Karl Marx, or Joseph Stalin. Backwards the direction that Thailand is traveling in, according to this man. Since he knows he cannot win an election, he is grasping for straws. And is appears many of his "followers" are deserting him. He must step down, not the elected leader of this land. Democracy must be respected. It is not about whether or not you like the leader. It is about democracy.

• Like 1

I could, if there was ever a government as corrupt and self-serving as this in either country.

Nixson comes to mind, self-serving, and corrupt.

I'm just saying...whistling.gif

In the States, the current administration, the preceding Bush administration, and those that preceded them, are as corrupt and self serving, if not more so. They are just much more sophisticated.

The political parties, in the States, received more than 3 billion dollars, as in "3" followed by 9 zeros, for their 'cooperation', each of the last 5 years.

The war in Iraq was a financial move. It's all about military contracts.

Anyone think 'Obamacare' is about providing healthcare for the people? Think again! It about guarantying payment to the obscenely overpriced healthcare 'industry'. There is absolutely nothing 'affordable' about the 'Affordable Care Act'!

JFK was possibly the last US president that often thought for himself and actually concern himself with the people. And, he was killed because of it! They didn't give Bobby Kennedy a chance. Ted Kennedy took up drinking, and fell right into place!

In the States, it's the same as in Thailand. "If it benefits me, I'm OK with it. Pass me some government cheese!"

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 1

Who the Hell is this guy to make demands such as this?

He is Suthep, leader of the anti-shin government.

His demands are valid... It's a protest don't forget.

I hope he gets what he wants. He has my full support and the support of many in Thailand including huge amounts of academics and professors. People who have a lot more understanding of this country than you or I.

I understand the fight and agree...but I don'r agree with his fascist methods of achieving things

• Like 1

Everyone in Thailand is currently talking about reform because of this 'clown', as you call him.

He is the mouth piece and is probably not himself these days (physical exhaustion). It would be more palatable if someone else took over as communicator.

There has been talk about reform before the protests were put in place. Something like this doesn't happen over night.

The current government is, potentially, bankrupting Thailand. Personal debt is rising and now the government can't even pay their debts to the farmers who in turn are having difficulties paying the banks based on what the PT has promised them. Add to it, from what I'm told, the extraordinarily high contract costs (the %), with the THB 2 trillion to be in play, and things had to happen and unfortunately democracy, currently, doesn't play a role.

Where did you read that? So WHO is on this council?

He is Suthep, leader of the anti-shin government.

His demands are valid... It's a protest don't forget.

I hope he gets what he wants. He has my full support and the support of many in Thailand including huge amounts of academics and professors. People who have a lot more understanding of this country than you or I.

And People who have a lot more money than others.....

• Like 1

Easy to answer....He is the "clown" of the police, the military, the corporations....and all the people that took Taksin out of power....and are against real democracy and the will of the PEOPLE.. He knows that...He do not wants elections and voting, and he will be in power soon. .....hugging with all the others clowns in this world....So many to named here....

• Like 1

I have Thai family in Ranong province, my girl and wife to be loves the King and Suthep, her sister in Bangkok posts daily photos of the demonstrations in the city, I am impressed by the turnout. It tells me that a large part of the Thai population is unhappy with the politics as they exist today.

Her little sister a nurse in Surat Thani posts photos of Ms. Yingluck along with a thumbs up.

Me, I'm a homegrown California guy, have lived and worked in Thailand on two separate occasions. Been traveling to Thailand since the early 90s, I love Thailand and lucky to have a wonderful lady, to care for and care for me. I want this country to sort out it's issues, democratically without fat headed politicians declaring peoples power or corrupt families sucking the life blood out of the country.

I vote for Thailand.

Everyone in Thailand is currently talking about reform because of this 'clown', as you call him.

And they will still be talking about it in another few years from now...

What do you think this 'clown' is actually going to achieve by persisting with his time in the spotlight ?

I was behind him 100% couple weeks ago! now his has lost me and probably 1000s of others too, not that my opinion counts for anything smile.png

You seem to forget.

There is still a good chance he will achieve his goals. Look what he has done up to now. He is winning in small bites, one step at a time. He will likely get his reform, despite the fact that you seem to totally dislike the notion of reforming Thailand into something a little less corrupt.

If he gets his reforms, Thailand will change and the Dems will have a huge boost at the ballot box. Maybe not the first time round as most of the reds will be more pissed at not getting their 500 Baht for their vote, but another term of the Thaksin controlled PTP and that will be the end of them for good. They can't even cover this rice scheme harvest, by the time they pay up, it will be almost time for an entire harvest to be paid.... They have no chance.

And we'll all ride off under the rainbow on unicorns!

Seriously? You truly believe that 'the opposition' isn't corrupt? Seriously?

Corruption is deep set in Thailand, at all levels.

In Thai government, it was here long before Thaksin, continues now, and will continue long after he is dead and gone. And, sadly, most people are fine with it, as long as they benefit.

"Who's benefiting" is really what this is all about. It's not that any of these people want to stop corruption. It's that they want to be in control of it.

Very True!!!! Problem is we can't have over 60 millions people in control.... Let's organise "crime", i mean a government......

• Like 1

The problem is that other than HM there are few individuals that would be held in high enough esteem and be seen to be impartial, honest and incorruptible Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Correct.And even if the Democrats did get into power with or without other party's support, there is not enough of them that are honest enough to reform the political platform and especially in a four year term if they were even to survive that long. Unless political reform happens now off the back of Suthep's craziness then Thailand is f'ed and it is going to have to go through a lot more harsh reality in the coming years both economically and socially until it is completely broken before Isaan will realise that nothing has changed - that they are still poor, still selling their daughters to Thailand's and the world"s whore houses and wai'ing their broken <deleted> to the next Shinawatra. The Army is the only group in Thailand who has Thailand and the people at heart and have the ability to step in as a judicator and reform but rightfully they are staying on the side lines and letting the people resolve it. Only time one could see the modern version of the Thai Army step in is if the judiciary is over ridden. If Suthep does not achieve reform, and he should only be the force to get parties to the table and not the judicator of reform, then the next best thing that could happen to Thailand is Pheu Thai achieve what they have failed to date and take total control. The sooner that would occur would be the best for Thailand economically before it is a full basket case. It would then be only short time before the Army steps in and this time around one would think that they would provide a better solution and outcome than the last reset.

Edited by Roadman

Yes that is true..also..if you allow someone like Suthep to be allowed to make demands like this and have them carried out, then what does that say about the gov't as a whole?...No set of criteria whatsoever to properly run things...anyone can demand something at anytime

Big brother was so greedy during his time at the trough that there will be no peace until the Shinawatras are removed from political power. This would of course include relatives, and only when they are all removed will there be any chance of normality here.

The same stays for the Suthep family who has/had 3MP's in Surat Thani. In Samui/Surat this clown is more powerful then the Shinawatra's in Chiang Mai and for nothing they call him the godfather of Surat Thani and in the 90's the main financier of the Democrat Party and he was promptly rewared with the portfolio of Communications and Transportations before he burned his hands on the Agricultural portfolio that bring down the Chuan Lek Pai administrations. Due to his fall Sanan Kachornprasart took over as Secretary General of the Democrat Party and was banned 5 years for reporting a 45 million Baht as a loan in his asset declaration and their was an internal struggle between Khun Banyan ad Suthep and another struggle by Suthep that Abhisit should not lead the Democrat Party but it should be Kamnan Suthep.

The Democrat Party and the PTP are no different. They all clean up the government coffers but they have naive PM such as Chuan Lekpai and Abhisit that seem to have no ideas what is going around in their cabinet.

Suthep is the only one who dare to bring them down openly. But too bad because of his past wrongdoing, people start to question his credibilty and his real intention. Accusing him of trying change the current " TS DEMOCRACY" system to his dictatorship.

The reform party should have find a new face with clean records to challenge the TS regime. Then probably will shut these pro-TS mouth up.

All these TS supporters conveniently pointing on Suthep while nothing is talk about the current govt.

The current picture is painted like a ex-con man, a madman, a cun_t man, or whatever man they can put Suthep as is trying to take down our beloved YL govt. A government who is scamming caring for the nation and the thai people.

burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

So many are helping TS. What will Thailand's destiny be??

wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif Sa toot........