Good tv series

beechbum

I just watched a bit of something called Criminal Minds Beyond Borders which is a spin-off of Criminal Minds. The first episode is supposedly set in Bangkok although they land the plane in Krabi for scenic effect and it goes down hill from there. Its truly awful, at least the first 20mins is, i couldn't stand any more.

• Like 2

I just watched a bit of something called Criminal Minds Beyond Borders which is a spin-off of Criminal Minds. The first episode is supposedly set in Bangkok although they land the plane in Krabi for scenic effect and it goes down hill from there. Its truly awful, at least the first 20mins is, i couldn't stand any more.

For me it started off bad when the plump chick "acts" like she's just completed the assault course faster than the hunk, got worse when I saw the main dude is a guy who I don't particularly enjoy watching then turned into a complete farce with the storyline & the "Baddy".

Can't say I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the next one but others may well enjoy it so worth watching this one even if just for the Thailand scenes, I'll only watch further episodes if they're set somewhere that interests me (can see episodes in HK, Philippines etc would work well).

Edited by JB300

For me it started off bad when the plump chick "acts" like she's just completed the assault course faster than the hunk, got worse when I saw the main dude is a guy who I don't particularly enjoy watching then turned into a complete farce with the storyline & the "Baddy".

Can't say I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the next one but others may well enjoy it so worth watching this one even if just for the Thailand scenes, I'll only watch further episodes if they're set somewhere that interests me (can see episodes in HK, Philippines etc would work well).

The Thailand scenes seemed to be random pieces of video from a video library, injected whereever to give the impression it was filmed in Thailand.

The cleanliness of streets and the lack of traffic on the roadways was strange. Apart from some bamboo, the vegetation of the "jungle" didn't seem like anything I've seen here. The American backpackers picking fruit on the neat and well organised orchard, certain didn't come close to reality.

The sight of a left hand drive police car near the end was farcical.

Very enjoyable, a great new comedy show.

• Like 1

The American backpackers picking fruit on the neat and well organised orchard, certain didn't come close to reality.

that was pretty funny, do American really think there aren't enough laborers in Thailand to pick their own fruit? and what about that whole farming is a prohibited job for foreigners thing.

Edited by steve2112

Watched the episode of criminal minds in Thailand. All I can say is wow. It was awful and badly put together. I don't expect a travel show but some accuracy of the country or city would be good lol

The fat girl cop omg

The part where the Thai police listen to the profile made me chuckle

Truly terrible Thailand episode

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying Damien, its a follow on from the original film staring Gregory Peck and Lee Remic, even uses a lot of the original film footage in flashbacks. Damien is all grown up and and weird stuff is happening all around him, just like in the great original film, not that disaster of a remake they did a few years back. imdb reviews are mixed but i think its really well done, and very interesting.

There is also Lucifer, which is a humorous detective story of the fallen angel having an vacation.

The catch seems promising. Art thief etc.

Supergirl. Good hearted big sister of Superman.

Just decided to subscribe to Netflix and iFlix. Didn't need to really I guess but at 350 pm for Netflix and 1,000 per year for iFlix it's hardly breaking the bank. Gives me options for travelling around too, instead of taking the laptop. Also helps with not needing to download older series where the seeds have dried up, or that I'm not sure I'm that fussed on watching. Quite a few series already mentioned here that I couldn't be bothered to go hunting for but quite pleased they have. Indeed just the ease of having the Netflix stuff available for watching via the Apple tv without having to involve another device is worth it to me. Really quite impressed with what they have, esp compared to True at 1,500 pm!

IFlix has Thai subtitles to which can be useful, apparently coming to Netflix soon. Picked up on a few series that look OK:

River

Happy Valley

Under the Dome

Elementary

Bletchley Circle

Hinterland

Blacklist

Inbetweeners

Black Mirror

Brooklyn 99

The Code

Gotham

The Returned

Marco Polo

Top Boy

12 Monkeys

Heartland

Vexed

Quite a bit of stuff that I started watching but stopped due to moving around that I might give another shot at

Lost

Doc Martin

Shameless

Top of the Lake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by SooKee

• 3 weeks later...

Line of Duty s02 and 03 certainly worth watching.

But the best of the season is TRAPPED.

A body is found floating in a fjord in ICELAND.

I know. Iceland.

It is brilliant. Acting, plot, scenery. Filmed in the snow.

Subtitled.

Very cooling after Phuket. Go watch it. Superior crime.

Line of Duty s02 and 03 certainly worth watching.

But the best of the season is TRAPPED.

A body is found floating in a fjord in ICELAND.

I know. Iceland.

It is brilliant. Acting, plot, scenery. Filmed in the snow.

Subtitled.

Very cooling after Phuket. Go watch it. Superior crime.

You are right. I watched a couple of weeks ago. Outstanding and I do not know Iceland.

Can really use some of the cold here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...