Good tv series

beechbum

Detectorists.

Really good English comedy with MacKenzie Crook (Gareth from The Office).

IMDB = 8.6

Same, really enjoyed the 1st and 2nd season plus xmas special of the Detectorists.

May have been said already but also enjoyed, Beowulf return to the shieldlands (series 1 episode 1) and "Bridge of spies" and "Sicario", good movies.

Also still really into The Romeo Section and for something completely different, Toast of London's a great bit of Brit humour(IMO)

Edited by beechbum

Just DLing the first 5 eps of "Dickensian".

From IMDb: Drama set within the fictional realms of Charles Dickens critically acclaimed novels, bringing together some of his most iconic characters as their lives intertwine in 19th century London.

Just downloaded a Sherlock Holmes holiday episode.. Benedict Cumberbatch that is.

Watched Colony (pilot) couldn't get past Lori Grimes, Walking Dead and Sawyer, Lost despite trying to like it. Show itself didn't make much sense to me and after Childhood's End came across as a pale imitation.

ok, not a tv show, a movie, but check out the Big Short, wow, what a movie, i never thought i could be so entertained learning about synthetic CDOs. makes you want to go out and kick a banker, awesome movie, best of the year.

Agreed, great movie, but i think Bridge Of Spies is a bit better (IMO)

check out Childhoods.End, amazing syfy from the Arthur C Clark story, just amazing TV, cannot wait for part 2

Thanks for the recommendation. Started d/l-ing all 3 parts 25 minutes ago. All down now. smile.png

Eventually finished Childhood's End. Verdict: incredible disappointment! The first episode had so much promise, the second was so-so and the third was a load of rubbish. I have no idea where the kids were floating up to or why or why the earth suddenly blew up. I only hope this wasn't what Arthur C Clarke wrote - definitely one of those "that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back again" series. Such a shame since the first episode was so good.

<snip>

Watched Colony (pilot) couldn't get past Lori Grimes, Walking Dead and Sawyer, Lost despite trying to like it. Show itself didn't make much sense to me and after Childhood's End came across as a pale imitation.

If "Colony" was a pale imitation of "Childhood's End", God help us!! biggrin.png (But I'll give it a go wink.png)

ok, not a tv show, a movie, but check out the Big Short, wow, what a movie, i never thought i could be so entertained learning about synthetic CDOs. makes you want to go out and kick a banker, awesome movie, best of the year.

I always want to kick a banker.

• Like 1

check out Childhoods.End, amazing syfy from the Arthur C Clark story, just amazing TV, cannot wait for part 2

Thanks for the recommendation. Started d/l-ing all 3 parts 25 minutes ago. All down now. smile.png

Eventually finished Childhood's End. Verdict: incredible disappointment! The first episode had so much promise, the second was so-so and the third was a load of rubbish. I have no idea where the kids were floating up to or why or why the earth suddenly blew up. I only hope this wasn't what Arthur C Clarke wrote - definitely one of those "that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back again" series. Such a shame since the first episode was so good.

<snip>

If "Colony" was a pale imitation of "Childhood's End", God help us!! biggrin.png (But I'll give it a go wink.png)

Have to agree... the third episode is quite an anticlimax - despite having moments where I was thinking ok, now things are going to get interesting... That said, Colony for me didn't even get going!!

• Like 1

Must admit I'm stuck for something to watch and get my teeth into.

Walking Dead better start killing folk as it's become Star Trek with zombies, boldly going places where random characters with little to no back story die without anyone giving a crap

Marvel Agents of Shield ... now it's just silly, trying to do gritty with popcorn actors

Limitless ... drive the plot pleeeeeese

Minority Report ...loving the special effects but after 4 episodes I can't take anymore of the bad acting clichés

Currently suffering thru Blindspot, Gotham S2, CSI Cyber and Quantico. .. even tried Supergirl

Elementary and The Big Bang good enough to watch and undecided about Expanses ... next up Bastard Executioner and Frankenstein Chronicles

New series called "Billions", don't know if it's any good or not.

IMBd says: U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades goes after hedge fund king, Bobby "Axe" Axelrod in a battle between two powerful New York figures.

I watched this and I think it has some potential.

Btw. Don't put links to the torrent sites, those will be removed (and causes extra work for the mods). Everybody already knows where to find the shows.

Must admit I'm stuck for something to watch and get my teeth into.

Walking Dead better start killing folk as it's become Star Trek with zombies, boldly going places where random characters with little to no back story die without anyone giving a crap

<snip>

The Walking Dead series 6 started well - the same event being shown from different peoples' viewpoints in subsequent episodes (once you realised what what going on), but it needs to get moving, and drop the worst actors. Having said that, I just found out that "Percy" from "Nikita" is joining the cast. Jesus wept!

Still, here's hoping part 2 of series 6 is worth the wait.

• Like 1

Nope. The movie is not entertaining. It's done in the style of mixing tv-series, movies and reality tv-shows. Generally just a confusing mix of everything.

I just browsed the movie, but the general idea, I suppose was to show that people are like flock of birds, who follow anyone who shows leadership. People are stupid and there are others who are willing to abuse others. Naivety gone.

I watched the first episode and and part of the second one. The verdict is "religious propaganda". I'm hoping of better, but don't really believe it will come any better.

Nah, I gave up. It was simply dark and boring.

Edited by Guest

Detectorists.

IMDB = 8.6

This was good. I don't even know what made it so, but it just was.

Nope. The movie is not entertaining. It's done in the style of mixing tv-series, movies and reality tv-shows. Generally just a confusing mix of everything.

I just browsed the movie, but the general idea, I suppose was to show that people are like flock of birds, who follow anyone who shows leadership. People are stupid and there are others who are willing to abuse others. Naivety gone.

No offence but it sounds like you didnt get what it was about.

I thought it was a really good movie.

Detectorists.

IMDB = 8.6

This was good. I don't even know what made it so, but it just was.

Detectorists follows the relationship between two friends who share a passion for metal detecting.

When Andy and Lance are together, they're like an old married couple. They gripe at each other, but there is a true bond underneath. Each has their own slightly dysfunctional lives but together they dream of finding a priceless Saxon hoard that will cement their place in detecting history.

I'm going to download it based on your reco however - I'm not sold on that description

Detectorists follows the relationship between two friends who share a passion for metal detecting.

When Andy and Lance are together, they're like an old married couple. They gripe at each other, but there is a true bond underneath. Each has their own slightly dysfunctional lives but together they dream of finding a priceless Saxon hoard that will cement their place in detecting history.

I'm going to download it based on your reco however - I'm not sold on that description

"Each has their own slightly dysfunctional lives" - it was that that put me off. I just don't want to see it. bah.gif Maybe it reminded me too much of people I knew back home. whistling.gif

You should watch it.

Very gentle humour that will make you smile rather than laugh.

Closest other comedy that I can compare it to, is Last of the Summer Wine.

I agree - I had a few smiles, but Last of the Summer Wine was another one that I didn't really like for the same reason: dysfunctional or pathetic lives possibly reminding me of people back home or maybe - God forbid - as a foretaste of what my life would be like if I didn't get the hell out.

I'm definitely more of a "Dallas" viewer than "Eastenders".

Jericho episode 1 now out.

Jericho is a period drama series created and written by Steve Thompson and directed by Paul Whittington.The eight-part series premiered on ITV on 7 January 2016.

It is set in the fictional town of Jericho, a shanty town in the Yorkshire Dalesthat springs up around the construction of a railway viaduct in the 1870s. The series imagines the story of the building of the Ribblehead Viaduct, which is renamed the Culverdale Viaduct in the show.

Scenes were shot around Huddersfield, specifically Golcar, at the Colne Valley Museum, and on the moors above Meltham. The main setting for the shanty town was Rockingstone Quarry

Edited by beechbum

Shameless US version season 5 is on torrent as well as the first episode of season 6

F#@king great

I have watched few episodes of the first season and like it a lot.

Thanks for the tip.