Good tv series

beechbum

Catch-22.

New Tv series, 6 episodes released. Featuring George Clooney and Hugh Lawrie.

Just watched the first 2 episodes, stays close to the original film but with modern production values.     Nostalgia. 

https://www.hulu.com/series/catch-22-858b02a2-61de-4597-aaa0-7e3f12b54673

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5056196/

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Catch-22.

New Tv series, 6 episodes released. Featuring George Clooney and Hugh Lawrie.

Just watched the first 2 episodes, stays close to the original film but with modern production values.     Nostalgia. 

https://www.hulu.com/series/catch-22-858b02a2-61de-4597-aaa0-7e3f12b54673

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5056196/

Season 1 is on PB

• Like 1

S6 of the Blacklist is available now as a full series download Spader has been excellent so far and my expectations are high. Have I Got News For You has been running for a few weeks- I tend to wait until the Tuesday after transmission for the longer version. 

Dead to Me was good. I know it is a bit overblown for tv but it really highlights how neurotic and superficial Americans are with their bonding, therapy, group hugs (I hate the group stuff -'Hi I'm so and so and I'm a ........ ' 'Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii so and so') and other issues that they have. It was interesting that they worked Christine Applegate's mastectomy into the plot. American comedies can be very hit and miss for others and I would suggest that (personally) this one was a 'hit'.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Tried to watch Dead to me but sorry was bored stiff .series 3 of mum really good Brit comedy,unlike the American version Mom.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I nearly gave up after the first episode but stuck with it and enjoyed it. It is slow to get going though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Tried to watch Dead to me but sorry was bored stiff .series 3 of mum really good Brit comedy,unlike the American version Mom.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Agreed, Mum is brilliant.

Series 1 & 2 reminded me a bit of The Royle Family the way it was just about all shot in only 2 or 3 rooms!

On 5/20/2019 at 1:04 PM, Psimbo said:

S6 of the Blacklist is available now as a full series download Spader has been excellent so far and my expectations are high. Have I Got News For You has been running for a few weeks- I tend to wait until the Tuesday after transmission for the longer version. 

Dead to Me was good. I know it is a bit overblown for tv but it really highlights how neurotic and superficial Americans are with their bonding, therapy, group hugs (I hate the group stuff -'Hi I'm so and so and I'm a ........ ' 'Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii so and so') and other issues that they have. It was interesting that they worked Christine Applegate's mastectomy into the plot. American comedies can be very hit and miss for others and I would suggest that (personally) this one was a 'hit'.

where do you wathc have i got news for you?

On 5/23/2019 at 8:55 AM, eezergood said:

where do you wathc have i got news for you?

I download it from either Youtube or TPBay. I like to wait for the extended version- normally out by mid day Wed our time.

I wathc it later. ????

Blood and treasure, Series  1 Episode 1 ,
was OK, better than a lot of crap out now.
Mary kills people , Series 2, 
regards Worgeordie

I couldn’t last out longer than 10 minutes of Blood&Treasure. I thought the acting was as realistic as the pyramids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Another period drama (late 1950's) has just started on BBC Two and will run for six episodes (first available now).   "Summer of Rockets" features a Jewish/Russian family who mix with the upper echelons of British society at the time of the intensifying of the Cold War.   Features Keeley Hall (the Home Secretary in 'Bodyguard') and Timothy Spall ('Hatton Garden').   Normal slow start, typical of rolling out the characters and plot, but has great potential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pagallim said:

Another period drama (late 1950's) has just started on BBC Two and will run for six episodes (first available now).   "Summer of Rockets" features a Jewish/Russian family who mix with the upper echelons of British society at the time of the intensifying of the Cold War.   Features Keeley Hall (the Home Secretary in 'Bodyguard') and Timothy Spall ('Hatton Garden').   Normal slow start, typical of rolling out the characters and plot, but has great potential.

Obviously, you didn't see my post that is eight posts before yours (#1433).

6 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

I couldn’t last out longer than 10 minutes of Blood&Treasure. I thought the acting was as realistic as the pyramids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed Lost Gold of World War 2 (Hopefully there will be a Season 2) & Lost Gold of the Civil War (Currently on Season 2) both currently on cliff-hangers

Waiting for next season of Curse of Oak Island, sucker for the Buried Treasure kind of narrative...

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1