Good tv series

beechbum

Just watched the first episode of  "The Loudest Voice"  with mixed feelings.

The story of Roger Ailes the main founder of Fox News, played brilliantly by a barely recognizable Russell Crowe.

Some insights into the creation of "Fair and Balanced" news TV.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6821044/

Edited by Old Croc
  • Thanks 2

On 7/6/2019 at 1:14 AM, Old Croc said:

Just watched the first episode of  "The Loudest Voice"  with mixed feelings.

The story of Roger Ailes the main founder of Fox News, played brilliantly by a barely recognizable Russell Crowe.

Some insights into the creation of "Fair and Balanced" news TV.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6821044/

Loving it

Bunch of lefties, that's why. [emoji23]

Is Dark Money any good though?
It looks like a good subject,but sick of watching left wing pc stuff,every series these days seems to have black wife /husband with white / wife/husband ,two men with kids ,or some other pc rubbish so just given up watching them ,you only have to look at the dire dr who viewing ratings when they made him into a her.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

New series Dark money,about a couple who accept money to keep quiet about abuse of their young son.
Its from the BBC so nice and pc,black husband white wife, why do they always do it?

I cant understand why they do this all the time ,i come from a very "multicultural" town ,and only know one couple with black husband white wife , and they were married in the 70s , a few guys married to Phillipino and Thai women though , never ever seen a same sex couple with kids  either . my grandaughter thinks its normal ,but then its what she was told in school and sees on tv . , funny thing is where they live if someone is gay they are looked on as "different"shall we say .

• Like 2

Far from pc and not too new but ‘No Offense’ is really good stuff/Crime/funny series set in Manchester, as was the last offering (Shameless) from this writer.
There are 3 series and from what I’ve seen, all are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Far from pc and not too new but ‘No Offense’ is really good stuff/Crime/funny series set in Manchester, as was the last offering (Shameless) from this writer.
There are 3 series and from what I’ve seen, all are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

actually ,very good .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

New series Dark money,about a couple who accept money to keep quiet about abuse of their young son.
Its from the BBC so nice and pc,black husband white wife, why do they always do it?

Perhaps a deliberate casting to remind viewers of MJ and his huge payout to the Asian mother of a young boy he was very friendly with.

My son suggested I watch Stranger Things from Netflix. As I cannot get that, I downloaded Series 1, of 3 via a torrent.

Guess what, I stuck it out for 15 minutes before deleting. Don't bother.

HITLER, the Rise & Fall on Ch4 was much more interesting.

Edited by wgdanson

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I cant understand why they do this all the time ,i come from a very "multicultural" town ,and only know one couple with black husband white wife , and they were married in the 70s , a few guys married to Phillipino and Thai women though , never ever seen a same sex couple with kids  either . my grandaughter thinks its normal ,but then its what she was told in school and sees on tv . , funny thing is where they live if someone is gay they are looked on as "different"shall we say .

Where i come from seen pleny of black on white relations. Know gays too.. never thought they were different. Guess im of a different generation and Dutch bit ore open minded then most. One of my close friends turned out to be gay.. can't say i look different at him.

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Perhaps a deliberate casting to remind viewers of MJ and his huge payout to the Asian mother of a young boy he was very friendly with.

Try watching "Leavin Neverland" if you want to see what a twisted POS MJ was, i got less than halfway through episode 1 and couldn't watch anymore.

I had been dismissive of watching Gomorrah because of having to read subtitles but I broke down and watched it and I have to say it was really excellent. It’s incredibly violent and black, Quentin Tarrintino could probably learn a few lessons by watching it. I watched the first 3.5 seasons on Kodi but I had to go to Pirate Bay for the last few episodes as halfway through the 4th season I could only get French subtitles instead of English on Kodi.

if you haven’t seen it and can put up with something that is violent and depressing then it’s very good watching. 

After i I watched Gomorrah I watched Subbura another Italian series and while it was not as good as Gomorrah it’s still worth watching.

• Like 1

From 2016 terrific police mini series 8 parts PARANOID a doctor is murdered in a park and the hunt begins,the police men and women have their own problems and are not that "normal" with Leslie Sharp.neil Stuke ,gripping and worth a binge watch,saw it 2 years ago ,watching it again ,great as you get older,you forget what you saw[emoji57]

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 5:06 PM, AJBangkok said:

I had been dismissive of watching Gomorrah because of having to read subtitles but I broke down and watched it and I have to say it was really excellent. It’s incredibly violent and black, Quentin Tarrintino could probably learn a few lessons by watching it. I watched the first 3.5 seasons on Kodi but I had to go to Pirate Bay for the last few episodes as halfway through the 4th season I could only get French subtitles instead of English on Kodi.

if you haven’t seen it and can put up with something that is violent and depressing then it’s very good watching. 

After i I watched Gomorrah I watched Subbura another Italian series and while it was not as good as Gomorrah it’s still worth watching.

Agreed that Gomorrah is excellent, you should check out Romanzo Criminale too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Catching up a bit at the moment.

Year of the Rabbit- nearly gave it up but its so over the top it grew on me.

Warrior- lots of good Hong Kong Fhuey and some nice Canasian birds getting down and dirty.  Filmed in South Africa and more than a few Brit actors in it as well

Latest series of Modern Family- its so cringingly anally American but I just keep coming back to it- mootust be Gloria.

To be watched- Animal Kingdom (Elen Barkin's 'Hey, Baby' talking to her sons is a bit creepy and you know there was some mom love going on there) Jett, Wild Bill, s5 of Gotham, The Rookie (missed it before) Elementary, Pennyworth, Undercover (Belgian?) Queen of the South when all the episodes are complete at the end of the month. I normally wait for a full series then binge watch.

Keep an eye out for Danger Close about Long Tan (yes I know its a movie, not tv). Released in Oz the other day so may get wider distribution soon.