Good tv series

beechbum

On 5/22/2019 at 4:46 PM, DILLIGAD said:

‘Hatton Garden’ is a 3 part drama based on the real life London burglary commited by old geezers. Last episode is due tomorrow & quite good IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Binge-watched all four episodes yesterday. Enjoyed it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Do you want to know the ending ,well its ,its ,its emoji3.png

She has a good figure,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Christ! She's ugly as sin. Good actress, though.

If I had a dog as ugly as her, I'd shave it's arse and train it to walk backwards.

Looked at Dancing at the Blue Iguana on imdb and she's in at as a stripper. Ugh! No thanks. Also, imdb score is only 5.4.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic
  • Sad 1

i expect its been mentioned already but can't be bothered going back to look, but Chernobyl is brilliant, one of the best true story dramas i've ever seen.

Das boot tv series is pretty good

i just downloaded a show about the central park 5, When they see you, haven't actually watched it yet but it sounds good

• Like 2

Anyone who enjoys good drama is sure to appreciate "The Virtues", a 4 part series from the UK's Channel 4.   All 4 parts are available now.   A truly outstanding performance of the lead character played by Stephen Graham (Boardwalk Empire, Line of Duty amongst others).

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Anyone who enjoys good drama is sure to appreciate "The Virtues", a 4 part series from the UK's Channel 4.   All 4 parts are available now.   A truly outstanding performance of the lead character played by Stephen Graham (Boardwalk Empire, Line of Duty amongst others).

Stephen Graham - is an amazing actor!

• Like 1

Just watched episode 1 of season 6 of  -  "Alone"

Set on the Great Slave Lake in Northern Canada near the Arctic Circle. Ten participants who seem to have more skills and are a little tougher than the usual "I miss muh family"  types that have clogged up previous series.

14 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Just watched episode 1 of season 6 of  -  "Alone"

Set on the Great Slave Lake in Northern Canada near the Arctic Circle. Ten participants who seem to have more skills and are a little tougher than the usual "I miss muh family"  types that have clogged up previous series.

A new season of "Mountain Man"  also started yesterday. 

"when they see us"
even has a brief shot of Trump on tv in 1989 ( in episode 2) saying he wants the death penalty brought back and someone calling him a Bigot

"Queen of the south", new season

I love my android box  ????

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Queen of the South, a great series,season 4 ,episode 1 ,out now

regards Worgordie

At the risk of being called a "nitpicker" I  note the previous post recommended that series.

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

At the risk of being called a "nitpicker" I  note the previous post recommended that series.

Sorry, I did not nitpick all of the previous posts,maybe need new glasses,????

anyway it's that good it needs a second post,

What about Animal Kingdom, new series out now,maybe someone already

posted 

regards Worgeordie

6 hours ago, schlog said:

Gomorra is back with season 4.

Jumped the shark beginning with episode 3. From then on a completely different show and total disaster.

A fraction of the budget.

Plot points make zero sense, characters do things they never would do because the writers are now hacks and/or it feels like 30 minutes was the time allotted to write an episode.

The writers realized this - One episode featured Patrizia's henchman doing something that made no sense in any universe, and several times to try to explain it the henchman's friend was asking him "Why are we doing this?" or "We shouldn't be doing this" and he would give a non explanation which still made no sense.

Some of it may have to do with the departure of Stefano Sollima, who directed most of the first season and was on board as a "Creative Consultant" or some similar title until now.

But the budget cutback was massive - most scenes are static with slow line delivery between 2 characters, followed by a minute of music over/no dialogue scenic shots killing time until the next static scene.

Much less locations and extras, with dreadful writing added.

If season 4 was the first season, would anyone have an interest in seeing season 5?

It was the memory of the first 3 seasons, and hope, that kept me wasting my time watching the 4th season.

Edited by JimmyJ

Enjoyed (should I have?) Chernobyl, currently doing The Blacklist and Spader is on form again.

Just heard about The Cold Blue about the 8th AIr Force and am downloading it.

Danger Close- The Battle of Long Tan is due for release in August.