'Corrupt politicians should face death term'

Lite Beer

Ahem.

Wasn't he implicated up to his eyeballs in a scandal?

Yep exactly.

The guy is an absolute tool and should face the death penalty for making Thailand look like a mental asylum.

A lot of farangs see this guy as Thailand's Messiah, the chosen one who has come forth to save Thailand.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

1995 As part of the Sor Por Kor 4 -01 land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kmala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket provience to 489 farmers. It was later found out that the members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients. Suthep addressed a huge crowd in his Surit Thani constituency a month before a nocofidence debate and called on his supporters to March on Bangkok in the hudreds of thousands to defend his reputation. The scandle led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no cofidence debate. In subsequent elections, the Nation Party won a majority, leading to the downfall of Chuan Leepai's Democrat Party led government.

2009 Suthep was accused of violating the Constitution of Thailand by holding equity in a media firm that had recieved concessions from the government. Under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand, which Suthep has supported, Members of Parliment are banned from holding stakes in companies which have recieved government consessions. In July 2009 the election commission announced that it would seek a ruling by the constitutional court to disqualify Suthep.

Suthep held a press conference a day later, announcing his decision to resign from parliament. Suthep's resignation as an MP did not affect his status as a Deputy Prime Minister and as a Cabinet member. If his case had been submitted to the Constitution Court, he would have been suspended from duty as Deputy Prime Minister. He insisted his resignation was not proof that he had done anything wrong but that he was worried about status as Deputy Prime Minister.

So maybe he should be the first in line for the firing squad, but I am sure he would only want the death term, once he has gained complete control with his latest attempted coup!

Excellent point there bkkfaranguy.......

"The scandle led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no cofidence debate."

Chuan showed honour and honesty is his decision, its a pity Yingluck didn't act that honourable and honest when it came to her scandal racked government's no confidence debate, she just claimed ignorance of the facts and it was business as usual.

Yes but we are talking about corruption not bad government policies!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Death penalty is only the law in barbarian countries

There are still executions in Thailand. You just don't hear about them.

Thaksin was the worst perpetrator, with his extra judicial executions.

He was as bad, if not worse than Kim Jong Un.

If you are refering to the war on drugs, don't forget that it had the overwhelming support of the Thai people. It's only the soft-hearted Farangs on here who shed tears for the drug pushers who were the scourge of working class families.

• Like 2

"The scandle led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no cofidence debate."

Chuan showed honour and honesty is his decision, its a pity Yingluck didn't act that honourable and honest when it came to her scandal racked government's no confidence debate, she just claimed ignorance of the facts and it was business as usual.

You don't think the amnesty bill was scandalous, when everyone in the country, even a few of the paid stooges, were well aware it was a whitewash for family and party members?

Yep exactly.

The guy is an absolute tool and should face the death penalty for making Thailand look like a mental asylum.

A lot of farangs see this guy as Thailand's Messiah, the chosen one who has come forth to save Thailand.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

1995 As part of the Sor Por Kor 4 -01 land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kmala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket provience to 489 farmers. It was later found out that the members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients. Suthep addressed a huge crowd in his Surit Thani constituency a month before a nocofidence debate and called on his supporters to March on Bangkok in the hudreds of thousands to defend his reputation. The scandle led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no cofidence debate. In subsequent elections, the Nation Party won a majority, leading to the downfall of Chuan Leepai's Democrat Party led government.

2009 Suthep was accused of violating the Constitution of Thailand by holding equity in a media firm that had recieved concessions from the government. Under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand, which Suthep has supported, Members of Parliment are banned from holding stakes in companies which have recieved government consessions. In July 2009 the election commission announced that it would seek a ruling by the constitutional court to disqualify Suthep.

Suthep held a press conference a day later, announcing his decision to resign from parliament. Suthep's resignation as an MP did not affect his status as a Deputy Prime Minister and as a Cabinet member. If his case had been submitted to the Constitution Court, he would have been suspended from duty as Deputy Prime Minister. He insisted his resignation was not proof that he had done anything wrong but that he was worried about status as Deputy Prime Minister.

So maybe he should be the first in line for the firing squad, but I am sure he would only want the death term, once he has gained complete control with his latest attempted coup!

Your saying the rice scam isn't corrupt or using other MPs ID cards to vote isn't corrupt? The only difference apart from the scale of corrupt was with Chuan's government it was only one PM, with Yingluck's its them all.

Very very dangerous man indeed. He is obviously stating that he wants the Shin's dead as I doubt very much he is considering the death sentence for himself. So if he get's his way, Thailand will see a massive rise in death penalties issued - but I fear not for actual corruption charges - more like political opponents.

As for the rest, there are some good points, but then so did Hitler and Mussolini have a couple of good points to start off with and look at how that all ended up!

Im boring this advertisements against Suthep, actually Taksin, Shin-clan, PTP act as Hitler have done. The fact is, they want undermining the Constitution for get full power. This, and the amnesty bill causes the protest, and it shows, that the system need an overhaul to protect the Constitution. Taksin use his power, his money, his media to sow hate between the North and South. Thats one more reason, why people want him and his clan out of Thailand, he divides Thailand. Dont know how it look in the South, but the Isaan is in the moment the most dangerous place for opponents. Look at these brainwashed, manipulated red mob, and you see, its high time for a break. Broadcasting is Shin-clan business, and they use it for manipulate people.

Dont kill corrupt politicans, let them work on the rice fields...smile.png

If you are refering to the war on drugs, don't forget that it had the overwhelming support of the Thai people. It's only the soft-hearted Farangs on here who shed tears for the drug pushers who were the scourge of working class families.

Not for the drug pushers, but for all the innocent, die in this war. How many people die in cause of alcohol every Year?

Clack clack blam. Who's next. Seriously though this is exactly what some have been predicting since late Nov when he started going Tarzan.
They had two options...
Option A strive to fix what is a shambolic democracy, using parliamentary reform on issues like absence and non-response and behaviour, correct processing of key issues which are worked through by cross party debate. This would take a few years to get fully running smoothly. And to uproot stratas of deeply coiled corruption in state, officials, business. This latter part will take decades.
Option B to bypass all the hard decades of longterm work involved in the above^ and to abolish democracy altogether, and instead of having corruption watchdogs rooting out corruption across-the-board, to simply have the designated People's Poet (the spokesman for a generation!) decide who gets the clack clack blam for any reason you like ; corruption, opinions, hairstyle mera mera. Stalin was reportedly a fan of picking names of random people from the Telephone Directory when he was drunk, and having his police kill that person. Once this snowball shoot-people-you-don't-like starts rolling it never ends well.
Suthep doesn't want democracy, he has made that clear by his demands. He is softly advocating a heavymetal military/police state too where the state power including the hard power is controlled by Suthep's FB Friend List. The way he is going there are a number of possbile outcomes, he will certainly lose the Feb election now because all right-minded democratic people hate him after the last five weeks antics, he will install a friends-list tyrant regime, outside of elections, in which case the rest of Thailand will feel cheated (again) and descend on Bangkok and torch it and this time it won't just be just big C either.
For the sake of Thailand the best that can happen is that he is arrested now, Feb elections are held, and Parliamentary reform is put at the top of the agenda to prevent PM absenteeism / non-response / handcuffing of debate / policy-domination.
coffee1.gif
Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

I don't know why, but I'm finding the re-runs of the "Roadrunner" cartoons more logical than Thai politics, especially with regard to this bloke.

I mean, Wile E. Coyote at least had a plan, and he followed through religiously in his objective.

Oh wait, I see the connection to Thai politics now - his plans were always ludicrous and he usually blew himself up and never actually achieved anything.blink.png

The Village idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jF-CkMpQtlY

Ahem.

He doen't seem to have thought this out. If this law was already in force he and members of his own family would more than likely have already been executed given the Phuket and Samui land grabs and conflict of interest case.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How many times has he been to court and how many times has he been found guilty and sent to jail?

How many times has Thaksin been to court and found guilty and sent to jail?

Guilty once, jail never because HE skipped bail and became a convicted criminal fugitive.

He is at liberty to return to Thailand to serve his sentence at any time. Only He is delaying it.

If the penalty for corruption was death by hanging and all of the corrupt people got in line to face their maker, there would be a line from the gallows erected in Yingluk's front yard to Chiang Mai!

I'm not sure the death penalty would be a step forward but certainly a stiff jail term and a total ban from politics for life, drop the MP immunity from prosecution clause also - these rules should apply to anyone that holds public office including the police

2/3 house majority for all charter and constitution amendments and special bills like amnesty

Plus the proposed reform to the electoral system

I honestly don't see any of this doing any harm to the political landscape which can't really get any worse

• Like 2

So who would be left? In fact you could go a step further and declare that anyone giving/accepting a bribe should be put to death and wipe out the entire population

Exactly. Who would be left?

A few years ago one righteous MP proposed that to encourage standards of morality amongst Thai politicians anyone found to be supporting a 'small house' automatically banned from parliament...... until it was pointed out that would disqualify about 95 per cent of the male MPs in the house. smile.png

You don't think the amnesty bill was scandalous, when everyone in the country, even a few of the paid stooges, were well aware it was a whitewash for family and party members?

Scandalous yes, stupid idea yes, even though it was a whitewash for others besides there own party members! Presidents, Prime Ministers of many countries have the option to grant amnesty for certain individuals and do quite often, in a democratic system. But a scandle and disagreeing with a bad policy, ( which I think it was) is not the same as corruption.

• Like 1

Except that a lot of those executed in these extra judicial killings were not pushers. They were drug users, ex-drug users, or just plain expendable in the eyes of their killers, but they were not the evil that lies behind the drug trade. Those scum still walk free. Edited by Bluespunk

Scandalous yes, stupid idea yes, even though it was a whitewash for others besides there own party members! Presidents, Prime Ministers of many countries have the option to grant amnesty for certain individuals and do quite often, in a democratic system. But a scandle and disagreeing with a bad policy, ( which I think it was) is not the same as corruption.

Other nations have politics, interspersed with the occasional corruption scandal.

In Thailand it is corruption scandals, interspersed with the occasional politics.

• Like 1

Ahem.

Yep exactly.

facepalm.gif so right

i just read on twitter, that few days ago, Suthep did order the police to arrest Yingluck, and ordered the military to guard the govt. building.

no more comment from me, as this doesnt make any more sense.

Very little Suthep says (or at least is reported to have said) makes sense. He's several sandwiches short of a picnic.

Ahem.

He doen't seem to have thought this out. If this law was already in force he and members of his own family would more than likely have already been executed given the Phuket and Samui land grabs and conflict of interest case.

How many times has he been to court and how many times has he been found guilty and sent to jail?

How many times has Thaksin been to court and found guilty and sent to jail?

Guilty once, jail never because HE skipped bail and became a convicted criminal fugitive.

He is at liberty to return to Thailand to serve his sentence at any time. Only He is delaying it.

I agree with you entirely about Thaksin. He should never have been bailed.

As for Suthep, he too has escaped justice as do the vast majority of corrupt politicians here.

It needs someone who has not benefitted from corruption, and has always refused to recognise that, who needs to lead a fight like this.

So who would be left? In fact you could go a step further and declare that anyone giving/accepting a bribe should be put to death and wipe out the entire population

If that was acted upon who would be left to close the door and switch off the lights, it could be called political genocide!

I agree! They should face some kind of justice. And while we are on the subject - What about the politicians that oreder police and the army to shoot civialns and use snipers as well??/ Oh Yes I know Mr. suthep is TOOOOOOOOOOO busy to go to court and face these charges. Right he os too busy BSing the world and these people that believe in him.

• Like 1

I try to stay on track when i read these articles and not venture into the vast expanses of speculation.

If that was acted upon who would be left to close the door and switch off the lights, it could be called political genocide!

That would just leave me then! smile.png

• Like 1

So basically Suthep wants it like North Korea

I didn't read where he said that. Never been to North Korea, but I hear it snows there, unlike here.

Speculation is a wonderful escape for those that engage in it.