Turkish Couple Tricked Out Of 900 US Dollars

Rimmer

Turkish Couple Tricked Out Of 900 US Dollars

pdn232.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Turkish couple were tricked out of 900 US dollars by a European couple as they were walking around Mike Shopping Mall. They realised that their money was missing after the couple had gone, so they notified the police.

PATTAYA – December 14, 2013 [PDN]; at 3.00 a.m. Mr. Mehamet Mursel Buyukcoban, aged 54 and Mr. Kamil Isik, aged 49, Turkish nationality, went to notify Pol. Lt. Suphan Sophee (Investigation officer of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) they said they were cheated by the thieves that looked Arabian and stole 900 U.S. dollars from them and escaped. Mr. Mehamet Mursel Buyukcoban lost 200 dollars and Mr. Kamil Isik lost 700 dollars. The incident occurred at Mike Shopping Mall department store, second road Pattaya.

The Turkish victims told the police that while they were walking around Mike Shopping Mall department store they were approached by a foreign couple who claimed that they were European tourists. The foreign couple asked them which monetary bank notes they were using so they told them that they used the U.S. dollar.The couple Then sked to see their money so Mr. Kamil Isik let the female thief see 1,500 dollars and Mr. Mehamet Mursel Buyukcoban gave 800 dollars to the male thief to have a look. The couple took all bank notes to look at them then returned them to the victims and thanked them and walked away. After that the 2 Turkish victims counted for their money to check and found that some of their money was missing so they realized that they were cheated. Therefore they came to notify the police.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/12/14/turkish-couple-tricked-out-of-900-us-dollars/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-12-15

I love this couple!

How did such a sweet pair ever happen upon this cesspit of thievery and sin?

Seriously imagine what your life experience would have to be to reach their age and be so trusting with total strangers?

Want to peruse my large stack of cash money? Why, of course!

• Like 1

Because they're sweet old trusting people from a different culture.wub.png

Now their innocence is ruined. So sad.

OK, for most of us it happened by age 5, but still ...

Oh come on? 54 and 49 , is not so old. giggle.gif In their 70s or 80s I would say yes, but this is below retirement age in many countries

• Like 1

Oh come on? 54 and 49 , is not so old. giggle.gif In their 70s or 80s I would say yes, but this is below retirement age in many countries

It's old to be that naive, mate.

• Like 1

When I first arrived in Bangkok a European chappy came up to me and asked me if I knew where he could change some US dollars and opened his wallet to show me some black and white photocopies of US dollars. I wonder if he is still in gaol?

First the Thai woman shows an Arabian looking man 30,000 baht because he was curious what Thai money looks like, and then he steals 15,000 of it. Now these 2 clowns show complete strangers how much Dollar they have with them.

Are these people really that stupid? If so they shouldnt be allowed out of their homes, never mind their Countries.

Edited by Rimmer
Profane
  • Like 1

It's old to be that naive, mate.

EH? <deleted>? It's old to be that naive?? Explain

I mean, why would you need to hand over more than a single note (even if you were naive enough to hand it over) rather than just hold it in your own hands and show them. blink.png

I wouldn't even show anybody my money. If a stranger asked what currency I was carrying id tell them to beat it.

• Like 1

If the thieves had not been caught and the money found I would have thought this story

highly implausible. But as the crooks have been caught with the cash I am left shaking

my head at some peoples naiveté. blink.png

• Like 1

Darwin would be happy in Pattaya. There has to be more to these stories, than what we have seen.

Hmmm I beg to differ. Darwin was into natural selection of the fittest for survival. I think this pair of dodos is beyond child bearing age, so whatever naive genes they may have had to pass on have been. There are plenty of individuals who should be in evolutionary dustbin in the world, but there are enough quasi intelligent types breeding to keep mankind ahead of the chimps. Just barely. For now.