Clues that you are getting old -- what are some Thai expat specific ones?

Jingthing

This list of some signs you are getting old (well, middle aged actually) is rather funny. Some are universal (such as hair growing in the ears) and some are British specific.

So, for fun, what are some THAI EXPAT specific signs you are getting older living in Thailand?

How do you know you’re middle-aged? How about when you wear clothes and shoes based on comfort rather than style, or grow hair in all the wrong places: nose, ears, eyebrows? Those are just two of the signs mentioned in a recent British survey about when middle age begins and how to identify it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/in-denial-that-youve-reached-middle-age-a-survey-identifies-some-telltale-signs/2013/12/13/0868a3a2-5dd4-11e3-be07-006c776266ed_story.html

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Men don't lose their hair...it relocates!

and for an expat specific...my tolerance of ear splitting music drives me crazy. Can't go into bars in Nana Plaza cos I want to go to bed too early LOL

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

...Thinking there is nothing wrong with wearing an anorak.......... wish I had one now is freezing, keep going out to the garden to get some sun, but the wind is very cold....

May just as well live in Thailand and not understand anyone very much then live at home and not understand all the youngsters these days.

Did read the link, yep good......... maybe I am still middle aged reading the report, pity there is not a over 60s report along side

Clue that I'm getting old? In the shower, I scrub my scalp and shampoo my @rse. It used to be the other way round.

Thai expat specific? The need to reclaim one's youth by wearing pony tails, bandanas, thorn tattoos down one arm, riding bigmacho bikes, consorting with girls half one's weight and a third one's age.

I gotta dump the missus and me me one of them 'third my age' gals, then of course I could get some brats, and stroll around the mall looking like their Grandad...true sign of an aging expat

For me, a new development is that I am

more frequently able to appreciate the

abundant eye-candy and recognize it for being just that.

I find myself much less willing to expose myself to the

lingering (inevitable) pain that accompanies the brief,

fleeting pleasure of partaking of said "eye-candy."

I've noticed the same thing...and it doesn't bother me or my wallet one little bit...but if one of the pieces of eye candy just won't take no for an answer, well, it's time to tear a page out of Hugh Hefner's playbook and forklift the One Eyed Sailor up to attention...

• Like 1

Just been to the kitchen twice, but cant remember what for when arriving... make a shopping list and forget to take it... the list is endless, last night well about 8pm drove up to the little town, was not good had forgotten to put my glasses on.. guess something to do with getting older huh.png