Yingluck hopes to meet Suthep to end political turmoil

Lite Beer

Yingluck hopes to meet Suthep to end political turmoil
By Digital Content

1387363397116-640x390x2.jpg

SI SA KET, Dec 18 - Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she is willing to meet with anti-government protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban to seek a way out of the political crisis although the chances of success are very slim.

Ms Yingluck urged the protesters to gather peacefully and comply with the law.

The caretaker premier made the remark ahead of Sunday's anti-government mass rally. Mr Suthep announced Tuesday night that the protesters would also rally outside her Bangkok residence to pressure her to resign.

She said there are various reform forums being held to help find a way out of the country's crisis, including the one hosted by the government and that the demonstrators should use that mechanism to solve the problems.

The caretaker premier reiterated that the government is willing to do everything to make the country move forward.

Even there is only one per cent chance of encounter with Mr Suthep, the premier said, she is willing to meet him, and that must be within the Constitutional framework.

As some appointed Senators suggested that the Feb 2 election could be postponed under Article 187 of the Constitution, Ms Yingluck said this is a new issue which should be thoroughly studied and the forum could
help find the best solution to the current political quagmire.

Whether the election could be held as planned or not, Ms Yingluck said the caretaker government is duty-bound to facilitate the process, and that cooperation from the opposition Democrat Party is needed.

Ms Yingluck said it will be known next Monday (December 23) if she would lead her Pheu Thai Party members to apply for candidacy to run in the February 2 election.

The caretaker premier is now in the northeastern province of Si Sa Ket with some Red Shirts and government supporters came out to give her moral support. Some anti-government protesters also turned up to use
their whistles which led to a minor skirmish with the government supporters. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-18

• Like 1

Best thing she can do is keep right away from him, as a lot of the heavy weights are starting to distance themselves from him, and he seems to be loosing protest support numbers. On top of that she and others know he is a fruit loop.crazy.gif

• Like 1

I'd love a scenario where Yingluck meets Suthep, give him a flying headbutt and says " Go and get that reformed mate"

The TVF servers would hit meltdown I reckon.

cheesy.gifgiggle.gif I loved the word FLYING she sure is well seasoned at that, done more than most and achieved her place in the G/book /of /records. I am not sure what face to choose, the hard line fanatical image or the sweet smile that doesn't fool me.

• Like 2

I'd love a scenario where Yingluck meets Suthep, give him a flying headbutt and says " Go and get that reformed mate"

The TVF servers would hit meltdown I reckon.

I think the odds of her discovering a pair of functioning adjacent neurons are about the same

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As some appointed Senators suggested that the Feb 2 election could be postponed under Article 187 of the Constitution, Ms Yingluck said this is a new issue which should be thoroughly studied and the forum could

help find the best solution to the current political quagmire.

So she knows that there is a way to postpone the elections if all parties agree.

Agree that is, that reforms must take place for the sake of the country.

If she, PT and Thaksin of course, were serious about instituting change then she would take that option and join with all the others to start the reform process.

There are already 3 reports on reform that have been gathering dust for a number of years and they would surely be a great starting point to get things underway.

So there will be no lack of ideas and to get things changed for the better.

If she were to take the option under Article 187 which if I understand correctly, is for all parties to withdraw from the election (simplified) then I am sure she would get her meeting with Suthep.

• Like 1

hmmm meeting of pinky and perky ? ......

Was just listening to some classic George Carlin and couldnt help but laugh as how spot on his observations were... just change the country name and it can apply to sooo many including here.

So maybe it’s not the politicians who suck; maybe it’s something else. Like the public. That would be a nice realistic campaign slogan for somebody: “The public sucks. Elect me.” Put the blame where it belongs: on the people. Because if everything is really the fault of corrupt politicians that the people keep electing, where are all the bright, honest, intelligent Thais who are ready to step in and replace them ? Where are these people hiding ? The truth is, we don’t have people like that. Everyone’s just out for themselves, tweeting stupid messages about what they just had for lunch or at the mall, scratching their balls and buying sneakers with lights in them. And complaining about ................the politicians.

made me chuckle anyway.

• Like 1

Nothing is going no where faster then the speed of dark here in Thailand (an incalculable speed).

Suthep demand! Yingluck say. Suthep demand! Yingluk say. Suthep demand! Yingluck say. Suthep demand! Yingluk say. Suthep demand! Yingluck say. Suthep demand! Yingluk say. Suthep demand! Yingluck say. Suthep demand! Yingluk say. Suthep demand! Yingluck say. Suthep demand! Yingluk say. Suthep demand! Yingluck say. Suthep demand! Yingluk say.Suthep demand! Yingluck say. Suthep demand! Yingluk say. Suthep demand! Yingluck say. Suthep demand! Yingluk say.

Tomorrow

Funny how she is talking about with the frame work of the constitution and with the laws of Thailand. Shinawatras are not known for follwoing either of these two things ... why is she spouting off about them now?

She s so full off ...... it makes me laugh

Totally useless ... but she will win and then they will try cram Thaksin freedom down Thaialnds throat again and they will keep pilfering form the Thai coffers

• Like 1

Yingluck plays the smartest game, as usual.

Whenever Suthep barks, threatens, insults, gives one more ultimatum, incites people to commit criminal actions, ... she extends her hand and invite her opponents to dialogue.

Yingluck plays wise, respectful, mature and restrained.

Suthep, surrounded by his yellow thugs, keeps barking and barking and barking...

:rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

She already started campaigning?

1 month and half away from elections, politicians normally campaign. So?

That's fine then. Provided that is doesn't contravene any of the rules governing election campaigns........... oh, and of course has not been paid for out of taxpayers funds.

Yingluck plays the smartest game, as usual. Whenever Suthep barks, threatens, insults, gives one more ultimatum, incites people to commit criminal actions, ... she extends her hand and invite her opponents to dialogue. Yingluck plays wise, respectful, mature and restrained. Suthep, surrounded by his yellow thugs, keeps barking and barking and barking... rolleyes.gif Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yingluck the wise !

Do you think the caddy calls every day to get her advice too ? whistling.gif

• Like 2

She offers to meet knowing he has to say no, again making him look dafter than ever. And it looks like he is threatening her private residence now? A very dangerous old man who should be put out to pasture ASAP.

Yes - all the ones that threaten private residences of senior politicians, judges etc should face the law. Not just those who oppose your views.

Yingluck plays the smartest game, as usual. Whenever Suthep barks, threatens, insults, gives one more ultimatum, incites people to commit criminal actions, ... she extends her hand and invite her opponents to dialogue. Yingluck plays wise, respectful, mature and restrained. Suthep, surrounded by his yellow thugs, keeps barking and barking and barking... rolleyes.gif Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Its more like she is running around in circles with her tail between her legs stalling for time.

• Like 1