Suthep vows to paralyse Bangkok Sunday

Lite Beer

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For gods sake. Enough already! Put this nutcase in the slammer where he belongs and let the ordinary people of Bangkok enjoy their last Sunday before Christmas in peacebah.gif

Which would be OK if Thais celebrated Christmas ... which they don't, if you hadn't noticed, Mr Farang

So why all the Christmas trees outside every mall and decorations being sold everywhere, along with Christmas tunes in every supermarket?

Also, Thais celebrate the Christian New Year, or haven't you noticed there's a 5 day holiday coming up?

Unless I am mistaken, the Thai New Year is in April. Please inform me if I am wrong.

Where is your logic, apart from rampant wrongly thought out nationalism, please?

Christmas in Thailand is for the benefit of the tourists and simply to make money. It is not a public holiday and many will be working. Again Thai New Year is in April , however the calendar New Year is recognized as a public holiday more as a mater on international convention. Perhaps you may have noticed that this country has an abundance of holidays however, Xmas is not one of them.

• Like 1

If the whole purpose of this rally is to annoy citisens, as it seems, than many would be seriously piss.d .

He has always been trying to create conflict in the streets, inspiring the generals to move in to "keep the peace".

In 2006, after there had been a few, minor, ugly confrontations, the generals stepped in the night before the yellows were going to do a big march. It's just a matter of time before people grow tired of his antics.

• Like 2

Judging by the protest sites listed I'll be surrounded on Sunday so if Khun Suthep can take a minute off from his diatribe on that day and pop into KFC in terminal 21 for me I would really appreciate it. 1 zinger burger, 2 pieces of chicken( spicy) and large fries. Ta very much

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

For gods sake. Enough already! Put this nutcase in the slammer where he belongs and let the ordinary people of Bangkok enjoy their last Sunday before Christmas in peacebah.gif

Which would be OK if Thais celebrated Christmas ... which they don't, if you hadn't noticed, Mr Farang

The Thais I know do. Every one of them. I don't know if they make a connection to its true origins, but party they do complete with decorations.

The true origins being the winter solstice celebration so it is natural to observe.

• Like 1

So why all the Christmas trees outside every mall and decorations being sold everywhere, along with Christmas tunes in every supermarket?

Also, Thais celebrate the Christian New Year, or haven't you noticed there's a 5 day holiday coming up?

Unless I am mistaken, the Thai New Year is in April. Please inform me if I am wrong.

Where is your logic, apart from rampant wrongly thought out nationalism, please?

Xmas celebrations at my sons Thai school tomorrow.

• Like 1

Actually many thai people do celebrate christmas - not as a religious holiday, but for the gift-giving. Did you ever notice all the christmas baskets in big c?

Or were you too busy clapping yourself on the back because they are bhuddist not christian?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Christmas - not religious. Gee, the budhist Thais must be learning from the the West. More of a commercial opportunity now.

Hotels have had Christmas trees in many parts of Asia for a long time. Malls followed suit. Then came the advertising for people to buy and give presents.

Go into a school, college or even university class and ask Thai students to explain Christmas to you, You will hear more about Santa Claus than you do Jesus Christ !

The Thais I know celebrate the International New Year, the Chinese New Year and the Thai New Year. All celebrated slightly differently and in accordance with their own traditions for the latter two. The only Thais I know that really celebrate Christmas are the few that have converted to Christianity.

• Like 2

Don't blame Suthep alone. If that many people turn up again, it just goes to show how pissed off people are with the Shinawatra party that they're willing to just keep going out and protest.

We will see how many people turn up to vote 2nd Feb.

And before you start, will you then try to convince us that only one party is capable of buying votes.

Man you are as naive as they get. There won't be an election on Feb 2nd.

There won't be one ever if Yingluck does not step down and the PTP government are still there.

Nobody can force the Dems to register, and while they don't register, the protesters will remain, no matter what.

Then once the next bout of violence starts and people start dying again, the army will come out and remove the rabble.

Wow, your psychic abilities are impressive. You could make a lot of money with that...

Dear Suthep, first of all you won't get this amount of people on the street. 2nd; you are showing real megalomanic almost psychiatric behavior now with your lust for Power. 3rd; all protester should be accused of Lesse Majeste, since you all throw the wise words of your King in the waste paper basket. And do not think Thailand is paradise if you get rid of Thaksin.........Thailand battles with internal struggles before Thaksin could read and write. Thank you.

" all protester should be accused of Lesse Majeste "clap2.gif

This is the part I don't understand? Why are Suthep's actions and his followers seemingly considered less serious than a journalist who writes a passage in an article?blink.png

• Like 1

So Siam does not have this massive tree in front of it. Central? I must be hallucinating as I heard lots of Christmas carols last week.

Matey, when it comes to piped store music, you'll hear jingle bells and auld langs'yne at anytime of the year in Thailand.

They have no idea what the words means, nor do they care. Simply good tunes.

Suthep has lost the plot now. Yingluck will obey her caddy's instructions to cling on to power as that's the best place to be to influence the elections and stifle any opportunity for pre-election reforms. Cousin and loyal lieutenant the acting DPM and FM will continue announcing a ever growing list of countries he claims supports the election in the hope people will interpret this as some kind of international support for PTP.

The real people came out to protest against the odious amnesty bill fiasco, and kept the crook's whitewash at bay. The Shins must've been deeply shocked at the number and variety of the protesters. More pressure caused the PM to dissolve the house, despite repeated denials she would do so.

Will this be strike 3 and will she go? Or will apathy set in and only a small number show up. 22nd could be the end for either Suthep or Yingluck. Shame both don't go.

i doubt 2 million people will turn up to support suthep but a few thousand will come for free food and party

i hope some of the more sensible members of the opposition get him under control fast - but i doubt that will happen

as long as suthep is allowed to run the show, there is no hope for political stability or peace in thailand

i'm very worried about what the red-shirt fanatics will do to bangkok next year if suthep's COUP is completed

• Like 2

The New Year's Day that many of us celebrate is not Christian, and predates Jesus. It was first establish in 46 BC when the Roman Senate voted to deify the murdered Julius Caesar and the new Roman calendar that was set by Caesar.

Well, I'm glad I'll be out on holidays, even though I doubt he'll get the same number as before the house got dissolved. I'm guessing he'll have less than half the numbers from last week, so 60-70k at most, although he'll claim several millions.

• Like 2