Singha Beer Brewery Distances Itself From Anti-Govt Socialite

Lite Beer

Singha Beer Brewery Distances Itself From Anti-Govt Socialite

13874370151387437069l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The executive director of the brewery whose products include Singha Beer has issued a letter criticising one of his relatives for her anti-government activities.

In the letter which was somehow leaked to the media, Mr. Santi Bhirombhakdi, the owner of Boonrawd Brewery, told a fellow executive board member Mr. Chutinant Bhirombhakdi that the actions of his daughter Ms. Chitpas Bhiromphakdi is leading to a negative perception of his company.

Ms. Chitpas Bhirombhakdi is one of the leaders of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), which has been organising prolonged rallies in Bangkok against the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Often described in the media as ′Singha Heiress′, Ms. Chitpas is a part of the large Bhirombhakdi family.

She has stepped into the limelight recently as an outspoken critic of Ms. Yingluck′s government and the principles of electoral democracy. Ms. Chitpas has been quoted in a number of media reports as saying that she distrusts the concept of ′one person, one vote′ as it is rigged in favour of the uneducated rural voters.

But in the letter, Mr. Santi reminded Mr. Chutinant that "we have discussed [about it] for many times, and I have given many advises to Chutinant about Chipas′ political activities which will affect the organisation and Bhirombhakdi family in present and future,"

The letter continued, "Yet there has been no response [from Mr. Chutinant]. The organisation and Bhirombhakdi are now inevitably tied with political situations".

Mr. Santi also wrote in the letter that as a board member of the company, Mr. Chutinant will be held responsible for whatever outcomes caused by Ms. Chitpas. The letter is intended to state for the record that Mr. Chutinant has been "warned and advised" about the matter for many times already, Mr. Santi wrote.

A senior member of Boonrawd Brewery has confirmed to Khaosod that the letter is genuine.

13874370151387437078l.jpg

Earlier today, unidentified assailants have hurled molotov cocktails and bricks at the residence of Ms. Chitpas, police said.

Police said the attacks on Ms. Chitpas′ residence occurred at approximately 03.30 this morning, only an hour after Ms. Chitpas returned home.

Security guards at the residence told police that 4 individuals wearing safety helmets rode their motorcycles toward the house, which locates at Soi Ramkhamhaeng 21 in Bangkok, before throwing 4 molotov cocktails and a number of bricks at the residence, then quickly fled the scene.

One vehicle inside the residence has been damaged, police said, with no reported injury.

Police officers believe that the attacks were politically-motivated. They added that the attacks were captured on CCTV and the investigation is ongoing.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE56UXpOekF4TlE9PQ==&sectionid=TURVd01BPT0=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2013-12-19

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame them in the least in trying to distance themselves from her.

They are obviously worried about the impact to their brand, I certainly would be.

When you consider that Leo Beer has a huge customer base especially upcountry, I would not be at all surprised if a boycott was already taking place.

• Like 1

To hear nonsense like this put out in the public domain who's main claim to fame is that she is richer than chrisus because her uncle has a company is very depressing.

Not helped by the fact that singha is believed to possibly be funding this whole event anyway. Businesses in thailand normally stay out of the limelight. I wonder where the bangkok bank family are hanging out?

Do they have a tent at sondhis do?

I think inherited wealth should bar people from voting and it should be taxed at 80%?

Debate ms. Chitimas?

So you believe that when you die, the government should take 80% of the value of your house and any money you have and were leaving to your children?

You don't care much about your kids future do you!

• Like 1

Don't blame them in the least in trying to distance themselves from her.

They are obviously worried about the impact to their brand, I certainly would be.

When you consider that Leo Beer has a huge customer base especially upcountry, I would not be at all surprised if a boycott was already taking place.

I don't think so.

Politics will never get between someone and his cheap booze!

Looks like the Singha board don't share your optimism.

Mr. Santi reminded Mr. Chutinant that "we have discussed [about it] for many times, and I have given many advises to Chutinant about Chipas′ political activities which will affect the organisation and Bhirombhakdi family in present and future,"

They are obviously aware and concerned of the negative impact of Ms Chipas political views may have on the company and are eager to distance themselves from her.

Probably they should have done as soon she climbed into that front loader.....

• Like 1

Not buying it, this is one of the rich elite families that support the dems, there wealth plus the other elites make the Thaksin family look like poor street beggers. I would suspect as more thais are becoming aware of the key players on both sides that there Sigha beer sales are suffering so they needed to put out this bs news out because they are loosing sales.

You'd be surprised to hear then that the family isn't backing one team in this race...

Sponsors of both Manchester United (Red) and Chelsea (Blue), take out of that what you will ;)

• Like 1

These young idiot party members don't know what they can do them-self. They don't see clear the world, they don't know what does mean the life.

This dumb girl doesn't recognized her status only does what she think it is fashionable. Blows the whistles and tells many bull_s_hit from stage w00t.gif

So you'd be surprised to hear that she's actually quite well educated and quite active in the Democrat Party previously running for election.

Not going the easy route of the current caretaker PM and running on the party-list.

Quite stupid indeed :rolleyes:

Not buying it, this is one of the rich elite families that support the dems, there wealth plus the other elites make the Thaksin family look like poor street beggers. I would suspect as more thais are becoming aware of the key players on both sides that there Sigha beer sales are suffering so they needed to put out this bs news out because they are loosing sales.

wow you serious?

Father shows how worldly he really is , money makes Asian people dictators, he acts like one towards he's daughter, perhaps she needs to sit down with father and explain the words freedom of choice , ye get that in a democracy.coffee1.gif

Yes, she needs freedom to be a facist.....

• Like 1

To hear nonsense like this put out in the public domain who's main claim to fame is that she is richer than chrisus because her uncle has a company is very depressing.

Not helped by the fact that singha is believed to possibly be funding this whole event anyway. Businesses in thailand normally stay out of the limelight. I wonder where the bangkok bank family are hanging out?

Do they have a tent at sondhis do?

I think inherited wealth should bar people from voting and it should be taxed at 80%?

Debate ms. Chitimas?

1. If you're going to try and be smart, be smart and look things up. Croesus. http://phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/15/messages/193.html

2. I expect many of the billionaires in Thaksin's PTP and their respective companies have certainly aided financing in the past. Just an assumption, like yours.

3. Do you think Yingluck earned her millions or inherited it?

4. I guess if Ms Chitpas managed to secure face to face time with Yingluck, yl.jpg the upper hand may well be had by Chitpas Chitpas-Bhirombhakdi-11.jpgwho seems the smarter of the two.

Fire away..

Yes. Comparing yingluck and this woman is fair game. Both appear to be appointed through massive nepotism.

The PAD was financed by reportedly this bunch, and now we have a family member of a household thai brand saying the same thing that Sondhi said.

She has some pretty abhorrent views. She simply confirms to me that this whole mess has been nothing more than a local business turf war. At least yingluck is out there front and centre instead of this appointee.

You see, for all the flack that yingluck takes, you think in reality this other woman is any better? And yes, I think that the way inherited wealth here isn't taxed is very immoral.

Yingluck is out there front and center? Umm this 'appointee' as you put it is here ducking home made bombs while Yingluck is safely doing her usual tour once again.

I find it even more immoral that someone's brother actually abused his power and changed the law so he didn't have to pay capital gains tax.