Aeon atm's constantly not working

i claudius

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overuse...all the cheap charlie farangs saving the B150 foreign bank card ATM fee. Always a long line of disheveled farangs at the Bic C Extra one.

i use it about 5 times a month ,750 baht ,if you don't want yours i will have it 9000 baht a year , thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Overuse...all the cheap charlie farangs saving the B150 foreign bank card ATM fee. Always a long line of disheveled farangs at the Bic C Extra one.

i use it about 5 times a month ,750 baht ,if you don't want yours i will have it 9000 baht a year , thumbsup.gif

No need for foreign ATM cards...plenty of funds in baht accounts with local banks/ATM cards.

No need for foreign ATM cards...plenty of funds in baht accounts with local banks/ATM cards.

So have i ,and that is how i bring it over ,free using the metro bank and an Aeon machine.

• Like 1

Some of us are quite dubious about keeping large sums of our hard earned money in such a stable country with zero corruption and no chance of being asked to leave at the drop of a hat. Just saying like.

The old adage, only keep/own in Thailand what you can afford to walk away from.

I hear you...those Western financial systems are so stable and solid...none of them needed to bailed out to the tune of trillions of dollars over the past few years, and those depositors in banks like Icesave and those banks in Cypress had nothing to worry about did they. Don't recall any banks in Thailand or Asia days away from insolvency during the past few years.

• Like 2

Some of us are quite dubious about keeping large sums of our hard earned money in such a stable country with zero corruption and no chance of being asked to leave at the drop of a hat. Just saying like.

A bit off topic but no less important, how safe or unsafe is the 800K many keep in the bank for visas?

Or is that a way to scam the foreigner too?

I wonder how many do this? Thousands? Tens of thousands of people?

How safe is that 800,000 baht?

I hear you...those Western financial systems are so stable and solid...none of them needed to bailed out to the tune of trillions of dollars over the past few years, and those depositors in banks like Icesave and those banks in Cypress had nothing to worry about did they. Don't recall any banks in Thailand or Asia days away from insolvency during the past few years.

Just to let you know its spelt Cyprus. As to my money, nothing is 100% certain, but I prefer my 90%+ in an EU bank to a "Mai Pen Rai " in a Thai one.

Just saying like.............

• Like 1

Just to let you know its spelt Cyprus. As to my money, nothing is 100% certain, but I prefer my 90%+ in an EU bank to a "Mai Pen Rai " in a Thai one.

Just saying like.............

Money in Thai bank gets ripped off or disppears and you never get anything back. And it happens more than you would think here.

Money gets ripped off from Aussie bank and you get money back.

And if the Aussie banks go bust then the whole world economy is gone in any case so there would be nowhere to hide.

• Like 1

Checked the Big C machine off 3rd road and its run out of cash. 31st it was not in service...in anyone uses it in the next day or so maybe you can give an update

Not surprising as there's always a long line of scruffy looking farangs in line waiting to use it and save their 150 baht. Like today, must of been 20 of them when I went past to go to the men's room.

Checked the Big C machine off 3rd road and its run out of cash. 31st it was not in service...in anyone uses it in the next day or so maybe you can give an update

Not surprising as there's always a long line of scruffy looking farangs in line waiting to use it and save their 150 baht. Like today, must of been 20 of them when I went past to go to the men's room.

There are scruffy looking farang everywhere, I particularly like the ones almost bald but with pony tail and the ones with mullets

so, you do not want to save 150 baht ? 4 or 5 times a month?

Claudius, you just made me realise. What's the cost of snobbery ? 150 baht do I hear? Edited by RabC
  • Like 2

There are scruffy looking farang everywhere, I particularly like the ones almost bald but with pony tail and the ones with mullets

Being bald with a pony tail ,makes you look young again ,but it is best when you wear shorts a vest and sandals with black socks ,the hight of class.whistling.gif

Many people do not realize the costs of bank fees and ATM charges. 5 times a month is 750 baht or 9,000 baht. Why pay almost 300 USD a year to access your own money?