DSI chief Tarit: 'We have right to freeze assets of protest leaders'

webfact

Tarit lives in the la-la land where he imagines only one set of rules, applying to one set of people, totally oblivious to the fact that there is a parallel world of offenders guilty of exactly the same thing, only they belong to 'his camp'.

Part of the reform should be to disband the DSI and have strict penalties for those being used as tools.

Part of the reform should be to disband the DSI and have strict penalties for those being used as tools.

"tools" being the operative word in your response...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarit has a whole world of hurt in store for him. Behind Taksin of Arabia and one or two others, Tarit has done more to destroy democracy, rule of law, and impartial application of justice than anybody. When the balance of power changes and the amart rouge lose their iron grip, payback will be brutal. It's fair to say he is as nervous as a kid in the Lostprophets recording studio.

I wish I had a like for this post but I ran out of them.

But yes... Tarit is in for one hell of a backlash. He is messing with many highly influential and powerful people here, and i would not be surprised to wake up one morning and read that he has mysteriously dropped dead, or disappeared into thin air.

I have just givien you one of my likes with pleasure.

• Like 1

Of course he does, he has the right t do whatever Thaksin tells his to do.

But that's not all, as reported elsewhere :

The police have set up a special unit headed by none other than Police General Winai who is the husband of a niece of Thaksin ex wife, his offsider is a close aid of a former national police chief who is Thaksins brother in law.

They have a list of about 300 of the protesters who they call trouble makers that they will be targeting

They have 140 plain clothes cops some disguised as protesters (how to disguise themselves as protesters?) to mingle with the crowds, talk to them and take photos in an attempt to incriminate as many as possible.

I guess they could just dress in black....?

But still it seems there are just too many Shinawats on Shinawat Island.

Freezing assets of political protesters. They better watch out, the USA may fire up a threat to bomb pretty soon like they usually do when free political protest is repressed.

I don't know much about USA policy, but I think they can draw a distinction between free protest and what's been happening. What would happen in America if a protest group attempted to storm the White House, take over media or hijack an airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"'We have right to freeze assets'"

Because we are the govt, because we are strong, because we can, because we want to, because we don't like you and your views. These give us the right to do this, legally, well, that's another matter.

PT in a nutshell, we have the power to misuse the law as a weapon, stop us if you can.

Well atleast they are not using guns, like the last appointed government did. Do we remember the snipers on the roof tops?????

I do recall armed protestors shooting grenades at the public, I recall hospitals being stormed, I recall soldiers being dragged from vehicles and being set upon, I recall idiots with weapons shooting at troops, I remember a govt trying everything they could to appease an armed camp in the middle of Bangkok but always being met by more demands (an aspect of PT we are all familiar with now, I want it all and then more), I recall a govt that was left with no option but to remove the armed camp in the centre of Bangkok. These are things that I recall.

I also recall the army being issued ROE which, according to the cases so far investigated they broke in order to shoot protesters and journalists. Tarit, who has already admitted that he and the DSI aren't independent and unbiased then decided to charge Abhisit and Suthep for murders which they didn't commit and didn't authorise but decided not to prosecute the soldiers or their commanding officers who were responsible for the killings. Too scared to take on the military I assume.

I also remember all the talk about Abhisit and the Dems being in government because they were put there by the military and were puppets of the military just carrying out their orders. Of course when the time came to go after Abhisit and Suthep with claims they ordered the army to shoot protesters that had to be dropped pretty quickly.

And yes I remember the snipers as well so some of us remember a lot more than you do.

• Like 1

Am I right to assume that this is ANOTHER arrest warrant for Suthep? Making it two warrants out for his arrest?

By the way, what about the promise from Chalerm to have Suthep arrested within 48hours?

And today is 23 Dec, 8 days to Chalerm beheading. Are they preparing the stage for that?

This shows the whole dilemma.
The DSI police as an institution of the executive must be neutral.
If a complaint is made, then the police should be determined and keep the facts/evidence
The prosecutor decides whether charges are brought.
Then it usually comes to a court hearing where the defendant has a chance to defend himself.
The court makes a judgment.
The judgment shall be enforced.
Again, there must be always individual case assessment.
The freezing of accounts is a punishment.
My opinion is admissible only to immediate danger to life and limb in an investigation.
For example, the police are in an authorized wiretap and listen from a contract murder.
“You kill X and I'll send now 100,000 to your account”
The freezing of accounts must then, as the punishment is performed out of court, serve this purpose.
That is not the case in my opinion here.
1. All defendants are taken in this general suspicion, that is, a single test case (who has called for what) has not taken place here.
Thus, the action / penalty to freeze accounts is here out of court, was carried out without further single case investigation.
2. Furthermore, public speeches were held under a political demonstration here.
Each executive institution must take particular care, that the measures are not politically motivated,
to put in question the neutrality of the investigative body.
3. Did the punishment (freezing of accounts) serve the purpose?
surely not! The speeches and demonstrations continue.
4. Is the measure appropriate? Will they be perhaps other innocents also affected?
Certainly yes. Some of those affected can not punctually pay the school fees for their children or their rent maybe.
In this Case the DSI acts like investigators and judges in a person.
Prejudice and anticipated punishment without legal assessment of those affected.
Highly questionable.
A complaint of official abuse would have good chances of success
Who brought a charge?
Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit?
Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

... and all of this despite a senate committee having already told him that it is not lawful to seize their assets.

Furthermore, what the hell is Prompong doing commenting on this matter. He has already been given a non-suspended prison sentence, so he should now be in jail, and certainly not in political office...!

......................................."so he should now be in jail, and certainly not in political office...!"............................................

So should Thaksin, and he is not only in "political office", he is running the government ! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 2

Because we are the govt, because we are strong, because we can, because we want to, because we don't like you and your views. These give us the right to do this, legally, well, that's another matter.

PT in a nutshell, we have the power to misuse the law as a weapon, stop us if you can.

Well atleast they are not using guns, like the last appointed government did. Do we remember the snipers on the roof tops?????

...and the police were where?

• Like 1

Only thing I remember is the 20 or so security forces that were killed.....

Please don't try to go there, that's not a good territory for you. Trust me.

If Mark or Suthep return to power, I am sure they will keep Tarit.

He is most useful to the ruling govt, which everyone one it might be.

Mark?

You must remember Mark.

The son of a famous lady, he's the one who lost his way in a car rally some time ago.

If Mark or Suthep return to power, I am sure they will keep Tarit.

He is most useful to the ruling govt, which everyone one it might be.

Mark?

You must remember Mark.

The son of a famous lady, he's the one who lost his way in a car rally some time ago.

Ah Denis and maggies little one. Has he got lost in another rally and wound up here? My, but he is a little scamp, isn't he. Edited by Bluespunk

Dont just freeze, seize.

Money is needed to repair the damage done to public buildings and compensate the murdered pro goverment supporters caused by the yellow mob.

Were you hibernating in 2010?

In 2010, 92 Red Shirt supporters were killed and subsequently Suthep and Abhisit were served arrest warrents for murder relating to these deaths.

Suthep has too much blood on his hands. He should be locked up and the key should be thrown away.

Edited by moonao

"It had also resolved to press charges against lawyer Nitithorn Lamlua and major protest leaders for leading protesters to rally outside the US embassy, in an attempt to "oust" the US Ambassador."

What? The first few parts of the article made sense to me, and then they lost me (again, like both sides keep losing me on a daily and sometimes hourly basis).

I am a US citizen and I support the right of any foriegn nation and foriegn nationals to protest against my country's decisions, announcements, and inevitable failures and successes. I do NOT agree with the protestors slant, antics, or intentions, but I support their right to protest most sincerely.

I have never seen a moderate politician in Thailand. Never. A negotiating moderate would scare the hell out of both sides, and probably win an election (prior to mysteriously being assasinated by 'unknown third parties trying to cause disorder').

blink.png

Edited by FangFerang

Dont just freeze, seize.

Money is needed to repair the damage done to public buildings and compensate the murdered pro goverment supporters caused by the yellow mob.

In 2010, 92 Red Shirt supporters were killed and subsequently Suthep and Abhisit were served arrest warrents for murder relating to these deaths.

Suthep has too much blood on his hands. He should be locked up and the key should be thrown away.

I remember the dereliction of duty by the police which caused the use of the army. More have died at the other sides hands, thousands. And how much did the fire cost financially and in jobs?

• Like 2

Dont just freeze, seize.

But what you said was those financing the protesters should be liable for the damage done by them. Surely you would agree that the Shinawatra's face a huge bill for the 2010 protests and subsequent fires?

Or would you prefer a musteline change of subject?

• Like 2

LOL change of subject ?

The topic is about Suthep, not Thaksin.

Apart from being unimaginitive and predictible, you lot also tend to get a bit tedious and boring.

eg.

OP Title: Nelson Mandela dies.

Yellow Shirt post: Thaksin did it.

Dont just freeze, seize.

I didn't realise that the 20 soldiers that were killed in 2010 were red shirt supporters. It seems the red shirt militia killed some of their own.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

Most of the foot soldiers are called watermelon soldiers. (green the outside, red on the inside).

But yes, 92 people died (most were Red shirt protesters), 2000+ injured, Suthep has been formally indicted for murder for this, but the point is, he is at it again.

I'm assuming they are giving him enough rope to put him away for life, but if i were the police, I wouldn't take any chances with this loony. Freeze, seize and lock him up before more people die.

Dont just freeze, seize.

Somebody breaks into your house where you and your family are sleeping in the middle of the night. You creep out of bed and see the balaclava clad intruder is armed and coming up the stairs towards your sleeping quarters. Panicing, you kick out at him which causes the intruder to lose balance and fall down the stairs, fatally injuring himself on a knife he was carrying. Are you a murderer? Is Suthep a murderer because he tried hard for months to protect the innocent citizens of Bkk in the face of armed terrorism funded by an evil cult leader in exile? Time to think a bit harder about cause and effect methinks.

• Like 2