Bangkok: Taxi driver beaten unconscious by anti-govt protesters

webfact

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting it. Those red mob brainwashed supporters jumped the gun and declared the man dead. Nothing knew on the western front. Red mob style never changes. Lies, propaganda and more lies. Zero credibility.

A man was dragged from his car, and beaten half to death for wanting to go about his lawful business. The man's brain damaged maybe; severely traumatized certainly - but he's not dead. So that's alright then! The whole story was just blown up red propaganda........

Will you listen to yourself......

The fact is that the taxi driver did not die.

He is alive and well, thanks god.

Unlike the other 2 death, one from each side (score 1:1)

Thanks for posting it. Those red mob brainwashed supporters jumped the gun and declared the man dead. Nothing knew on the western front. Red mob style never changes. Lies, propaganda and more lies. Zero credibility.

A man was dragged from his car, and beaten half to death for wanting to go about his lawful business. The man's brain damaged maybe; severely traumatized certainly - but he's not dead. So that's alright then! The whole story was just blown up red propaganda........

Are you kidding or what? Ok so he did not die, and the beaten did not occur, people involved were saints, and taxi destroyed was just photoshop.

To judge behaviors from now on we should relate on deaths count. Red shirts become automatically martyrs of 2010 riots.

This is a disgrace!!! The taxi driver is just trying to earn a decent living!!! Perhaps the demonstrators thought he was a nobody? Or a Taksin loyalist because many taxi drivers come from Esan? Why was this allowed to happen?

This isn't working man's protest.

"He is alive and well...

Did you by chance whatch the video on Youtube?

He was beated with wooden poles to within an inch of his life and then the thugs proceeded to destroy his taxi whilst the paramedics were trying to revive him!

Edited by Boxclever

Stop embarrassing yourself. Short while ago the man was DEAD-DEAD, now you're changing the tune and declaring him beaten half to death as if it makes it better. A lie is a lie. Give it up, will you? Just imagine how would your family and friends feel if someone declared you dead just to score cheap propaganda and political points. Absolutely tasteless.

No, your post is the embarrassment here. You miss the point entirely. Everyone with any decency would be relieved that the guy is ok while at the same time recognising that his survival was lucky. You choose to get into some colour-based blame game and miss the point that this was a shocking and deeply disturbing incident, reflecting the depravity of this mob and it's 'leadership' .

good news - no one intended to deceive it was put out on Twitter I believe and a poster repeated it but still a shameful attack on a guy doing his job by the fascist mob

Stop embarrassing yourself. Short while ago the man was DEAD-DEAD, now you're changing the tune and declaring him beaten half to death as if it makes it better. A lie is a lie. Give it up, will you? Just imagine how would your family and friends feel if someone declared you dead just to score cheap propaganda and political points. Absolutely tasteless.

Well, we've established two things., One, that the taxi driver luckily didn't die. Two, that you yourself are far more concerned about a few posters on a meaningless discussion board typing erroneous information than you are about a mob in real life half-killing a man going about his lawful business.

Somehow I don't think it's me that should be embarrassed...

• Like 1

No, your post is the embarrassment here. You miss the point entirely. Everyone with any decency would be relieved that the guy is ok while at the same time recognising that his survival was lucky. You choose to get into some colour-based blame game and miss the point that this was a shocking and deeply disturbing incident, reflecting the depravity of this mob and it's 'leadership' .

Stop spinning. Spinning won't work here mate. You're missing the point here. Some people declared the man dead just to score cheap propaganda and political points. The fact is that the taxi driver is alive and well. He has not been massacred in any shape or form, his life is not on the line. No one in the right frame of mind supports violence. Everyone should exercise caution and use common sense. When you bump into any mob, do as you are told. As simple as that.

• Like 1

Peaceful protest! (Yeah, yeah ...in 2010...red shirts thugs...blah blah blah...)

Yes indeed thumbsup.gif and don't forget the fundamental difference. Whatever the red shirts did in 2010, they were fighting for their legitimate right to vote and for democracy.

These protesters are using violence to prevent ordinary people from having the right to vote and are sabotaging democracy. It's disgusting bah.gif

Yeah...maybe...but you didn't get my point!

I dont care, who did what and why...I am just disgusted by the fact, that we measure bad things with worse things.

I dont give a hoot, what happened 2010 and who was worse than who. This guy died TODAY!

In the name of justice, freedom and democracy - in a country that has no clue about either of it!

The taxi driver didn't die he is alive and well, the reports of his death were just more red misinformation...........

Meanwhile, the taxi driver who was beaten by a group of anti-government protesters on Vibhavadi Road yesterday has received hospital treatment.

No. Its a miracle.

The Pope is on his way over

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I cannot believe that any Farang from a democratic western nation would support the fascist protesters.

The Government has been democratically elected.... Let them govern.

Can you imagine all the wealthy people in the USA or UK rioting in the streets, shooting policemen and savagely assaulting taxi drivers because they dont like who the majority of the country had voted into power.

• Like 2

I cannot believe that any Farang from a democratic western nation would support the fascist protesters.

Can you imagine all the wealthy people in the USA or UK rioting in the streets, shooting policemen and savagely assaulting taxi drivers because they dont like who the majority of the country had voted into power.

the attack was shameful, and very disappointing to see.

If anyone has details of where this taxi driver is, I would welcome a PM, as I would be willing to make a donation and support any costs of his medical care.

For what it is worth, I don't really place so much faith that this is any sort of majority view of the people protesting against the government (to beat up a single person) any more than a small minority of the red shirt mob who were in 2009 then again in 2010 "rioting in the streets, shooting people and assaulting various people because they didn't like who the majority the country had voted into power in 2007"

I really hope that people understand that this is not a black and white situation; that either you are against the rule of democracy, or you support the current government. Not only is it a nonsensical false dichotomy but it also ignores the very real grievances on BOTH sides.

I can only hope that cooler heads prevail, but given that there was no consequence for violence/trespass/etc in 2006,7,9,10, it seems like the current way of doing whatever it takes and then going back and fiddling the law/court process to ensure no consequence is proving a true dead end. I suppose arguably the precedent was set in the asset declaration interference case - lean on the courts to get what you want and ignore the rule of law.

This is why amnesty is always a crappy, crappy idea. Those responsible should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

• Like 2

If anyone has details of where this taxi driver is, I would welcome a PM, as I would be willing to make a donation and support any costs of his medical care.

For what it is worth, I don't really place so much faith that this is any sort of majority view of the people protesting against the government (to beat up a single person) any more than a small minority of the red shirt mob who were in 2009 then again in 2010 "rioting in the streets, shooting people and assaulting various people because they didn't like who the majority the country had voted into power in 2007"

I really hope that people understand that this is not a black and white situation; that either you are against the rule of democracy, or you support the current government. Not only is it a nonsensical false dichotomy but it also ignores the very real grievances on BOTH sides.

I can only hope that cooler heads prevail, but given that there was no consequence for violence/trespass/etc in 2006,7,9,10, it seems like the current way of doing whatever it takes and then going back and fiddling the law/court process to ensure no consequence is proving a true dead end. I suppose arguably the precedent was set in the asset declaration interference case - lean on the courts to get what you want and ignore the rule of law.

This is why amnesty is always a crappy, crappy idea. Those responsible should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Donation to someone with a petrol bomb, trying to throw at peaceful protesters.

You really didn't see the other evident did you.

The bottle of petrol.

Please see attached photo.

post-186336-0-49802200-1388142578_thumb.

Unless those people where sentenced on trumped up charges under a military dictatorship.

• Like 1

Something I wonder about as the country slowly descends into mob rule, will farangs become targets for their rage? I keep hearing that many Thais hate us and only put up with us because we spend money. I don't know how true this is or even what percentage hate us if it is true but something to think about perhaps.

Some 25 years ago I participated in an international history conference at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok. I was an Dr in Asian Studies at the University of Aberdeen at the time.

One particularly interesting paper that was presented concerned Thai perceptions of foreigners. It was long and inevitably rather academic, but in the conclusion there was a table indicating Thai respondents rating of their likes and dislikes of foreign nationalities.

The long and the short of it was:

The two nationalities most disliked and mistrusted by the Thais were (1) The Burmese and (2) The Vietnamese, both scoring less than 10 percent approval ratings.

The two national groups (both being more than just representatives of a single nation) most favoured by the Thais were (1) Westerners and (2) Chinese. Both scored in the upper 90s.

Things may possibly have changed. I certainly hope the Burmese and Vietnamese rate much higher today - after all, after several generations in Thailand, Vietnamese refugee settlers have at last been given Thai nationality.

I guess it is also possible that Westerners and perhaps even Chinese are less popular or less trusted - but I rather doubt it. These are visceral responses rooted in the Thai education system and years of warfare.

So I think you can put your mind at ease. An anti-Western pogrom is most, most, most unlikely. Unless against me by my wife, of course.

It had rained a lot since that day.

Anyway, even if you would refer to other one more recent poll, I bet the result would be similar. They are not going to tell to you that they hate you.

Thais use to avoid any confrontation and skip any delicate or embarrassing situation.

Otherwise the result of this study is telling you so much of them. They hate poor Vietnamese or Burmese and like westerners (25 years ago there was not millions of young backpackers and farang ready to work for 20.000 thb a month).

What I am trying to say is that those ones who answer that they like westerners they did it because they know that westerners use to expend more money than Burmese or Vietnamese.

Nowadays I can guaranty that there are many Thais that dislike so much those other kind of westerners, Those who take buses instead of taxis, those ones who speak the language even better than many of them, or take job positions earning double than their Thai equals.

I cannot believe any Farang from a democratic western nation would have Ho Chi Minh as an avatar.

I cannot believe any Farang from a democratic western nation would apply their principles to a developing nation like Thailand.

And yes, in the UK at least I have seen some major violent public unrest when the government has pushed 'too hard' or pissed people off sufficently, just as recently as the widespread UK riots of 2011 to be precise.

....he could have tried to run some of them over for all we know...

...I would take all 'anti-anti-government' news stories with caution.....

...this government has a track record of a few years now.....misrepresenting any and all facts.....

• Like 1

It's OK Suthep says they are peaceful demonstrations. Must have been perpetrated by police or red shirt sympathizers.

Suthep would have brought out the live ammunition 6 weeks ago. I am sure he is laughing and considers Yinglucks

orders to police to keep there calm a sign of weakness and is urging his thugs on.

Seems the taxi driver was caught tossing Molotov Cocktails. There is a photo of his ID on the internet pictured with a few primed and ready to be lit. Cant be 100% sure but the photo is available.

yea suuuure in a registered to him taxi. proper taxi ID all registered too with all his info address etc able to be found in 5 mins in full taxi uniform, on his own in a traffic jam on a main street with nowhere to go..... just one question Einstein.... when did thai taxi drivers start becoming suicide bombers ????? whistling.gif

give it up your beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAuim sure the police will be sending him to jail for 25 years for attempted mass murder and terrorism then crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

real glad to see the guy is up and getting better ..... that is all that really matters thumbsup.gif

Edited by englishoak

Luckily for you Englishoak an education and a modicum of intelligence is not a prerequisite to post on Thaivisa? I was merely stating what was reported in other media outlets. I would also suggest you Google what a Molotov Cocktail is Einstein Jnr and then reflect on of your inane post

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 9.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Nip

the news about the taxi driver's presumable death was found here on TV, while my thai friends from both sides on the fence said he was in bad condition, but stable. However, lucky for him that he made it, it could have ended so much worse. The ones who beat him up did ignorantly took a possible death into account. That being said, it doesn't reduce the immorality of this incident in anyway.

• Like 1

Suthep is desperate to spark a civil war in Thailand.

Suthep probably wants the army to step in.

This to avoid the possibility of PTP winning a democratic election (again).

Seems like the democrat's preferred road to power.

Strange though, that a party which calls itself "Democrats", even accepts a government position won with non democratic means.

Anyhow TIT.

Seems the taxi driver was caught tossing Molotov Cocktails. There is a photo of his ID on the internet pictured with a few primed and ready to be lit. Cant be 100% sure but the photo is available.

The only photo I have seen is his id next to a bottle with a tiny amount of red liquid in it. Not nearly enough to be classed as a molotov cocktail and in a PLASTIC bottle that wouldn't smash! Could easily be that sickly red syrup Thais like to drink.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Donation to someone with a petrol bomb, trying to throw at peaceful protesters.

You really didn't see the other evident did you.

The bottle of petrol.

Please see attached photo.

If he made a petrol bomb with that little petrol and in a plastic bottle he's a bigger idiot than Suthep.

The only photo I have seen is his id next to a bottle with a tiny amount of red liquid in it. Not nearly enough to be classed as a molotov cocktail and in a PLASTIC bottle that wouldn't smash! Could easily be that sickly red syrup Thais like to drink.

Don't disagree with you. It was apparent that the taxi driver evoked the ire of quite a few people so I queried Thai friends and they said that he had 'aparently' tossed few 'cocktails' and this is what was found in the boot of his taxi ie plastic bottles that contained gasoline. Who knows? Just reporting back what I was told. Maybe they were non alcoholic 'Molotov's" ie he thought the plastic bottles were easier to obtain and lighter than glass.... I will regret this comment because more than likely somebody will call me a dumb *ss for making such a comment. What the hell lets see?

Someone still flogging the tinfoil hat I see .... first its reporting on other media outlets .. then its hearing from thai friends who probably know less than we do here. coffee1.gif Thais love a drama and everything has to be either fluffed up or covered up as the bare truth is often not only more mundane but also more embarrassing and loses face.

Please think about that your saying the point of a molatov is for it to shatter and coverage .. plastic tends to bounce rolleyes.gif try it ... you can choose to believe the gossip or you can accept what is more likely. A working guy ID, uniform, registered taxi, out trying to get to the airport and earn a few quid ... got frustrated gave the protesters a mouthful and got beaten to a pulp for it ... no molatovs no ping pong bombs, no terrorist intentions just a guy getting a kicking by a mob of protesters who didnt even stop smashing the car to bits when he was unconscious and the paramedics had arrived....

• Like 1