PDRC to shut down Bangkok by end of next week

Lite Beer

That's a No for Mr. Salmond then.

At the risk of going further offtopic, its really none of my business what Scots do. I wish them prosperity and success with their new system. But in terms of ancestors, Scots share the same Norse/ French/ German/ Roman influences as Britain does. So its purely geographical.

But I feel Thailand is different and should stay as one nation, it was never really colonised, and has always been proud of itself. And has a uniquely Thai culture, it is different to anywhere else. The South issue is different because of the history there and the religious differences. There needs to be a solution to the South.But if Suthep's endless protesting is making people say we should carve up Thailand and just give bits of it to each group, thats is different from solving the South issue. Its like pouring beer into your ears, sure you might get some of it into your bloodstream, but there has to be a better way.

Edited by Yunla

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he's scared that he wouldn't win a fair election, so he wants to have a coup so that he can seize power.

Have an election, accept the government that wins. Be like most other countries - if you don't like the government, vote them out next time.

In Thailand the opposition can't win fairly so they stage a coup. Now the other side has woken up to this fact it's just going to be a never ending cycle of political disruption.

Both sides need to learn to accept the majority decision after an election.

But surely Suthep will not accept that majority decision. As usual, they will go back to the road after election

Edited by DGIE

At the risk of going further offtopic, its really none of my business what Scots do. I wish them prosperity and success with their new system. But in terms of ancestors, Scots share the same Norse/ French/ German/ Roman influences as Britain does. So its purely geographical.

But I feel Thailand is different and should stay as one nation, it was never really colonised, and has always been proud of itself. And has a uniquely Thai culture, it is different to anywhere else. The South issue is different because of the history there and the religious differences. There needs to be a solution to the South.But if Suthep's endless protesting is making people say we should carve up Thailand and just give bits of it to each group, thats is different from solving the South issue. Its like pouring beer into your ears, sure you might get some of it into your bloodstream, but there has to be a better way.

Don't take it seriously, I'm only pulllin' your leg.

• Like 1

Splitting the nation up would be a loss of Face that you could see from across the galaxy. It will never happen.

Also it is a bad idea, from a historical perspective. There is a lot of culture here that is uniquely Thai, certainly influenced by its neighbours, but it would be a terrible loss to the world to fragment it. Also the supernational offshore banking cartels / corporations who are running the world behind the scenes, their agenda is desovereignisation and fragmentation of nations into smaller easier-to-manage sub-states. Its a lot easier to deinsdustrialise and debt-slave a small broken-up sub-state, than it is to take on the might of a proud sovereign nation. Long live the Kingdom of Thailand.

wai2.gif

Isaan has its own separate culture, its own belief system, its own language almost and even its own music.

Isaan is almost a culture away from the southern Thais.

Just don't close down the airport my 80 year old mother and her sisters are coming for a 2 month visit. coffee1.gif

Suthep won't read your comment. Try to join the protest and hand him personally your message. Be sure to enclose banknotes to the envelope as that is one reason why he is still there.

Isaan has its own separate culture, its own belief system, its own language almost and even its own music.

Yes some of my best friends here in Bangkok are from Isaan, they work in Bangkok and like the city a lot, but they always travel home to see their families in Isaan whenever they can. They are also very patriotic, considering themselves to be Thai above anything, and they have great adoration for HMTK. I don't see how splitting Isaan away from the nation would somehow go alongside the things I just listed. They don't want seperation, they want equality for all Thais.

My problem with Suthep is that I don't feel he represents those people at all.

Edited by Yunla

Splitting the nation up would be a loss of Face that you could see from across the galaxy. It will never happen.

Also it is a bad idea, from a historical perspective. There is a lot of culture here that is uniquely Thai, certainly influenced by its neighbours, but it would be a terrible loss to the world to fragment it. Also the supernational offshore banking cartels / corporations who are running the world behind the scenes, their agenda is desovereignisation and fragmentation of nations into smaller easier-to-manage sub-states. Its a lot easier to deinsdustrialise and debt-slave a small broken-up sub-state, than it is to take on the might of a proud sovereign nation. Long live the Kingdom of Thailand.

wai2.gif

It's certainly got all that!

Yes some of my best friends here in Bangkok are from Isaan, they work in Bangkok and like the city a lot, but they always travel home to see their families in Isaan whenever they can. They are also very patriotic, considering themselves to be Thai above anything, and they have great adoration for HMTK. I don't see how splitting Isaan away from the nation would somehow go alongside the things I just listed. They don't want seperation, they want equality for all Thais.

.......and Thaksin does I suppose - its a shame that he feeds them to the lions to get his way and disposes of them when it suits him.

.......and Thaksin does I suppose - its a shame that he feeds them to the lions to get his way and disposes of them when it suits him.

Thaksin should be in prison, for absolutely ages and ages. Long Gandalf beard kind of time.

I assure you it is not my fault that he isn't in prison, you've got the wrong girl!

Suthep vowed that the shutdown by millions of anti-Thaksin protesters will be peaceful and empty hand to make known to the world that Thailand will be the first country in the world that millions of people will come together to take back the sovereign power back from corrupted and evil regime.

No, the Philippines was the first country to use people power led by the then President Corazon Aquino to overthrow its government. But they were backed up by the highest rank of Armed Forces in the Philippines.

President Marcos didn't want to see bloodshed, he flew to USA at the heat of the revolution for a self-exile.

If the military or policemen will not back-up Suthep and are still loyal to Yingluck government, Suthep

and his followers is far to victory.

They only disturb the daily lives of Thai people including foreigners making a living here in Thailand.

wai2.gif

I think its a brilliant idea!!

They can get Thaksin to look after them whilst Bangkok and the South prospers and enjoys itself free of the drain of it's resources in having to subsidise their lives.

They could do whatever they want with their rice and Thailand can import Indian Basmati rice as it is far better than Thai 'over rated' jasmine rice. It is healthier for you too!!

• Like 2

wai2.gif

I think its a brilliant idea!!

They can get Thaksin to look after them whilst Bangkok and the South prospers and enjoys itself free of the drain of it's resources in having to subsidise their lives.

They could do whatever they want with their rice and Thailand can import Indian Basmati rice as it is far better than Thai 'over rated' jasmine rice. It is healthier for you too!!

Yes, everyone gets what they want, a functioning new streamlined democracy in the south, and a dysfunctional dictatorship in the north. They can even start off with 50% of the GDP.

Then compare the two after 5 years.

Give everyone 6 months to choose where they want to live north or south and then close the gates. I would be amazed if more than 5 million end up populating the north.

All true but Madam seems not to be giving the South any attention.

Probably it's too far away from Isaan and even BKK.

Maybe Isaan don't want to split from the rest of Thailand, but have you considered the option that the rest of Thailand might want to split from Isaan?

Secondly, you are probably right that Suthep does not represent the people of Isaan at all. Just like most of Bangkok and all of the south do not think Thaksin/yingluck represent them at all. Thaksin has even confirmed this with his infamous comment that he would not do anything for the provinces that did not vote for him.

Yes, everyone gets what they want, a functioning new streamlined democracy in the south, and a dysfunctional dictatorship in the north. They can even start off with 50% of the GDP.

Give everyone 6 months to choose where they want to live north or south and then close the gates. I would be amazed if more than 5 million end up populating the north.

HA HA! You mean "11 successful and 7 attempted coup since 1932"-Bangkok would be a "streamlined" democracy?! cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif More likely it would turn into a big turf war between various Bangkok elite fractions.

Btw, a really "brilliant" idea this "wall"! cheesy.gif When there would be enough flooding, those pesky Northerners would gladly flood Bangkok at will!

I was reading another forum and saw this which I thought was interesting ..... (not sure that I can mention another forum name so I wont) so here it is:

Looks like blatant plagiarism my dear 2 time poster ..please quote your source.

Well Mr Almighty 195 Poster you can subtract 1 post of your quality content.

What part of the first sentence do you not understand ?

When the government does not listen, what can any one do. It is a desprate attempt, but these are desperate times. The government has not been forth coming with any information about the rice scheme. It is an option for them to provide it or not. Seems like that YS thinks that if the majority don't care about the abuse of power with the rice scheme, then it must not be important. Wrong....in a democracy everyones voice is as important as many. An election is a process which majority of the people believe that the elected offcial is best to lead and unite the country in the best interest of all its citizens. It does not mean that the leader will only care or put a major budget towards the majority. They must balance for the greater good of the nation. No one had any gripes or protest when she won. But the things that she has done with the Rice scheme, 1st car scheme, tablet for every child, illegal admendment to the constitution, passage of the amnesty bill...all of this happen under her leadership. She has not taken any accountability for anything. Always passing on the buck. Citizens have the rights to demand an answer. But no answer. Even the rice scheme, the first year they couldn't produce any information. For the benefit of the doubt, let's assume that it is complicated and take time to gather information. Doesn't that mean that it is being mismanaged. In that case, let temporarily stop the program. As everyone know, the farmer got angry. So they continue. Because it was ill concieved and would loose support of the North and reveal the truth that it was used to buy votes at the expense of the taxpayers. Yes I said it. Vote buying. Things like this that is causing Thailand to go in to financial dire. Project like this is one of the reforms that must happen. So parties can not promise impossible projects. All project must have fisical discipline. All the project is just spend and spend without any regard for balancing the budget. And then the 2 Trillon with as much transparency as the Rice Scheme that has passed. That was the last draw. The govt that can't even manage the rice scheme is quality to manage a 2Trillion budget. I think not. I can talk about the massive rice scheme corruption going. But that is not for this thread. Thai democracy is still evolving. This is part of it of its evolution. Remember, YS may have come by a legitmate way of the election through the democractic way. But her action is far from the democratic way, which makes her illegitament. One can not choose which gear of democracy to turn they all must turn in order for it to run.

And can you name one western democracy that doesn't indulge in 'vote buying' by political parties, beggaring the public finances with promises of largesse? I can't. It's standard procedure in UK, and that's why borrowing is out of control there.

If the Thai people don't like what Yingluk's government have done, then they can vote her out, same as they do everywhere else that runs with a parliamentary democracy. What Suthip is doing is born of petulance because he can't have it all his own way. Well tough shit. That's how democracy works. You want power, then go to the people with policies that will make them want to vote for you. That's how democracy is done. What Suthip is trying to achieve is mob rule and is totally illegitimate.

Perhaps then you can explain how the people in the south and most of Bangkok, who are the minority, can avoid having to give all their money to the people in the north and Isaan, who are the majority?

If you insist on voting on everything, should the people of Bangkok and the south then not be allowed to vote if they want to split from the north and Isaan and create their own state?

If I join some form of club, then obviously I have to play by the rules and pay membership fees etc. But should I also not be allowed to stop my membership when I want to? Especially if all the other members vote that from now on I am to pay the membership fee for everyone else?

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

When the government does not listen, what can any one do. It is a desprate attempt, but these are desperate times. The government has not been forth coming with any information about the rice scheme. It is an option for them to provide it or not. Seems like that YS thinks that if the majority don't care about the abuse of power with the rice scheme, then it must not be important. Wrong....in a democracy everyones voice is as important as many. An election is a process which majority of the people believe that the elected offcial is best to lead and unite the country in the best interest of all its citizens. It does not mean that the leader will only care or put a major budget towards the majority. They must balance for the greater good of the nation. No one had any gripes or protest when she won. But the things that she has done with the Rice scheme, 1st car scheme, tablet for every child, illegal admendment to the constitution, passage of the amnesty bill...all of this happen under her leadership. She has not taken any accountability for anything. Always passing on the buck. Citizens have the rights to demand an answer. But no answer. Even the rice scheme, the first year they couldn't produce any information. For the benefit of the doubt, let's assume that it is complicated and take time to gather information. Doesn't that mean that it is being mismanaged. In that case, let temporarily stop the program. As everyone know, the farmer got angry. So they continue. Because it was ill concieved and would loose support of the North and reveal the truth that it was used to buy votes at the expense of the taxpayers. Yes I said it. Vote buying. Things like this that is causing Thailand to go in to financial dire. Project like this is one of the reforms that must happen. So parties can not promise impossible projects. All project must have fisical discipline. All the project is just spend and spend without any regard for balancing the budget. And then the 2 Trillon with as much transparency as the Rice Scheme that has passed. That was the last draw. The govt that can't even manage the rice scheme is quality to manage a 2Trillion budget. I think not. I can talk about the massive rice scheme corruption going. But that is not for this thread. Thai democracy is still evolving. This is part of it of its evolution. Remember, YS may have come by a legitmate way of the election through the democractic way. But her action is far from the democratic way, which makes her illegitament. One can not choose which gear of democracy to turn they all must turn in order for it to run.

And can you name one western democracy that doesn't indulge in 'vote buying' by political parties, beggaring the public finances with promises of largesse? I can't. It's standard procedure in UK, and that's why borrowing is out of control there.

If the Thai people don't like what Yingluk's government have done, then they can vote her out, same as they do everywhere else that runs with a parliamentary democracy. What Suthip is doing is born of petulance because he can't have it all his own way. Well tough shit. That's how democracy works. You want power, then go to the people with policies that will make them want to vote for you. That's how democracy is done. What Suthip is trying to achieve is mob rule and is totally illegitimate.

Are you off your rocker?

You say that the UK and the rest of the western democracies buy votes, and that is why there is massive borrowing there? That is the most bizarre political statement I have ever heard in my entire life.

If any campaigning political party in the UK offered money for votes, they would be slammed up in prison for election tampering, and the party banned for life. When political parties campaign for an election, their campaign manifesto is scrutinized in depth and picked apart by the media, other parties and the well politically educated public and also top political analysts.

Any lunatic populist policies will be exposed immediately and the party MPs responsible dragged onto national TV to be annihilated. Let alone have hundreds of media camped out on the doorstep of the party leader and his house.

The UK are not as gullible to fall for stupid populist policies. They demand to know about policies like, health, education, defense etc. Stop trying to portray the UK and the oldest and probably the most stable democracy in the world as some sort of thing you can compare with the joke that is Thai democracy.

I doubt you know the first thing about politics. You are a joke.

• Like 2

HA HA! You mean "11 successful and 7 attempted coup since 1932"-Bangkok would be a "streamlined" democracy?! cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif More likely it would turn into a big turf war between various Bangkok elite fractions.

Btw, a really "brilliant" idea this "wall"! cheesy.gif When there would be enough flooding, those pesky Northerners would gladly flood Bangkok at will!

HA HA! You mean "11 successful and 7 attempted coup since 1932"-Bangkok would be a "streamlined" democracy?!

It would be a lot more streamlined without the north south division, and no need for coups. The last coup being the fault of Thaksin and his northerners.

Actually, a dam wall would be better, then they can keep their water as well.

From the OP headline:

"People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban declared Saturday night that the entire capital Bangkok will be completely shut down..."

Good...

It's been a slow train coming and I think Khun Suthep is choosing to ignore the fact that his "Democracy Party" cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif supporters may well end up being outnumbered at least two-to-one by the voters who (democratically) elected the current government (not forgetting that the world's media will also be upon Mr S's proposed Thai transition from democracy to autocracy).

This isn't the 1930's. People can see and report and if Abhisit (despite his expensive education) remains stupid enough to think the rest of the world will tolerate the birth of yet another North Korea, he is sadly mistaken.

About time Abhisit grew some and had Suthep handed over to the justice he so richly deserves.

A padded cell awaits him, I imagine.

The sooner Mr Suthep gets the ball rolling, the better.

• Like 2

From the OP headline:

"People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban declared Saturday night that the entire capital Bangkok will be completely shut down..."

Good...

It's been a slow train coming and I think Khun Suthep is choosing to ignore the fact that his "Democracy Party" cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif supporters may well end up being outnumbered at least two-to-one by the voters who (democratically) elected the current government (not forgetting that the world's media will also be upon Mr S's proposed Thai transition from democracy to autocracy).

This isn't the 1930's. People can see and report and if Abhisit (despite his expensive education) remains stupid enough to think the rest of the world will tolerate the birth of yet another North Korea, he is sadly mistaken.

About time Abhisit grew some and had Suthep handed over to the justice he so richly deserves.

A padded cell awaits him, I imagine.

The sooner Mr Suthep gets the ball rolling, the better.

I do believe the outcome will not be to your liking.

The world is not going to come marching in and attempt to meddle in Thailand's political affairs. These just your imaginary pleasures. They won't happen, and I guarantee Suthep will not spend a single day in prison or a mad house. He will likely go down in history as the man who saved democracy in Thailand.

• Like 1

He defended the PDRC’s final push as legitimate reasoning that the Constitution states clearly that the people can retake their power back to uphold constitutional democracy if the sovereign power the people give to the administration was abused.

Which section of the currently valid constitution is that, Mr. Suthep?