2014 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

Rooo

You're too fussy about your milk ! NMSTD!!!

It's a serious business Jim

I reckon the best tea here is the loose Tata tea in green bag, from Sri Lanka, Makro usually has... or one of the stalls in Lamden Market! thumbsup.gif

I'll take a bag when I next visit the UK. I generally prefer a 2/3 Assam and 1/3 Earl Grey mix.

It might be a bit remote for me, but the beaches look beautiful.

Is there anything else there apart from the few resorts?

Any street restaurants?

Would I be able to get supplies, like milk and coffee?

I should post a new thread in a different topic.

This is a food topic, ask here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/693955-koh-phangan-info-please/

It might be a bit remote for me, but the beaches look beautiful.

Is there anything else there apart from the few resorts?

Any street restaurants?

Would I be able to get supplies, like milk and coffee?

I should post a new thread in a different topic.

This is a food topic, ask here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/693955-koh-phangan-info-please/

All conversation moved to KPG topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone on this site recommended for Pizza (Sorry, I forgot who you were):

Juzza Pizza at Fishermans Village.

Thanks for the suggestion. Had good pizza and surprisingly good crust.

NOTE:

Be careful of the Street Stall foods on Friday nights. My wife and I had diarrhea for 3 days and bad stomach pain.

We ate a variety of food, so cannot pinpoint which is the culprit, but if and when I do find out, I'm going to dump a plate of it on the

ground and trample on it to death!

Edited by MantisMan
  • Like 1

THE GREAT SAMUI HAMBERGER/CHEESEBURGER/CHICKEN BURGER hunt is still on!!

And to my great sadness, I came upon this Chihuahua of a beast of a Chicken burger.

Cheong Mon

Place:

Honey Restaurant

Dish:

Chicken burger, I think

No Fries with that.

Cost:

Tried to swindle 150 bt out of me but I refused to pay for it.

I swear, this is not joke............

post-187974-0-27305600-1390995277_thumb.

• Like 2

If a change in needed from Thai food, Babu's India Hot restaurant on Maenam resort road, still consistently good with his Indian food...thumbsup.gif

It's just about opposite the new turquoise blue green hotel being built!

Eat in or free Home or hotel delivery... drop by for a delivery menu!

They also rent motor bikes!

Sounds like a place worth visiting when spending a few days in Maenam.

Which end of Maenam is it located at?

We're staying near this spot if that helps.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=da&geocode=&q=9.568981,+99.996635&sll=9.568994,99.996657&sspn=0.002399,0.004128&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=17&iwloc=A

If a change in needed from Thai food, Babu's India Hot restaurant on Maenam resort road, still consistently good with his Indian food...thumbsup.gif

https://maps.google.dk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=da&geocode=&q=9.568981,+99.996635&sll=9.568994,99.996657&sspn=0.002399,0.004128&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=17&iwloc=A

Me too, I'm trying to find it as well. Maybe a bit more direction? Thankx!

Samui Great Burger Hunt........continues

5 stars best

Place: Buddha Beach at buddha beach bar

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293918-d1953708-Reviews-Buddha_Beach-Ko_Samui_Surat_Thani_Province.html

Cheese burger with fries.........yummy! And cheese was sliced but I think the non-American factory crap. Otherwords, good choice in cheese, fresh lettuce, tomato and onion.

Cost:

180 bt.

Edited by MantisMan

Opps nearly missed that question, ... Virt... less than a kilometer if your red marker is correct... toward Nathon, turn right just after the Santi Buri Hotel... Mini Mart or Family mart on the corner! then down about 100 mts.... toward the beach....

Definitely better food,thumbsup.gif ....... than that disgusting looking burger posted above ^ ...bah.gif

Opps nearly missed that question, ... Virt... less than a kilometer if your red marker is correct... toward Nathon, turn right just after the Santi Buri Hotel... Mini Mart or Family mart on the corner! then down about 100 mts.... toward the beach....

Definitely better food,thumbsup.gif ....... than that disgusting looking burger posted above ^ ...bah.gif

Great thanks :)

is one of these two green marks the right guess?

https://maps.google.dk/maps?q=9.572155,+99.991087&num=1&vpsrc=0&hl=da&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=17&iwloc=A

https://maps.google.dk/maps?q=9.573012,+99.989854&num=1&vpsrc=0&hl=da&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=17&iwloc=A

Great thanks smile.png

is one of these two green marks the right guess?

https://maps.google.dk/maps?q=9.572155,+99.991087&num=1&vpsrc=0&hl=da&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=17&iwloc=A

https://maps.google.dk/maps?q=9.573012,+99.989854&num=1&vpsrc=0&hl=da&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=17&iwloc=A

Yep, that looks about right! Watch for the huge Bill Board sign, on the left side of road.... then turn right! (Maenam Resort Road)

Wish I could figure out this GPS stuff, so it works... facepalm.gif

Hope you got that too Mantis Man! wink.png

Have to be careful of these recommendations from Smokie as some have a dress code such as a nice cardigan.

You can borrow one of mine mate....I have plenty.

On Lamai's famous Thai gaff Sabiang Lae....my gf was not impressed....so a fail....Lanai is back in the dog house food wise.

Bring back the lady wrestling! :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Have to be careful of these recommendations from Smokie as some have a dress code such as a nice cardigan.

You can borrow one of mine mate....I have plenty.

On Lamai's famous Thai gaff Sabiang Lae....my gf was not impressed....so a fail....Lanai is back in the dog house food wise.

Bring back the lady wrestling! :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

GF and I tried Sabinglae 2 in Chaweng last month and she too didn't rate it, much prefered Mod Yim just down the road.

• Like 1

Besides the simple canteen style Thai Food restaurant, Where could I bring some friends visiting for a nice Thai dinner, good food and nice/fancy place. On the beach would be perfect. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use Makro for the big packs of lean back bacon and Bisto gravy granules. I also use Joes Pie shop for decent pies & English sausages. That are a few other places that do pies, but they are generally too big for me.

• Like 1

I use Makro for the big packs of lean back bacon and Bisto gravy granules. I also use Joes Pie shop for decent pies & English sausages. That are a few other places that do pies, but they are generally too big for me.

+1 on the Makro front. They also do awesome cumberland pork sausages (frozen).

Big Joes - now Samui Fresh Foods is on the airport road heading from Bangrak market to the airport.

Angelas bakery in Maenam for excellent shepherds/cottage pies and others.

• Like 2

Don't forget the baked beans. Only the more expensive Brooks will do. 48 baht a can in Tesco but 3 for 114 in (my local Isaan) Macro. Very healthy high-fibre (plus one of your 5 fruit/veggies) start to the day!

And while we are on easy-to-make non-Thai food, don't forget the pastas and sauces readily available in Tescos nationally. The (very expensive) Agnesi Amatriciana (smoked ham) sauce at 180 baht a jar goes really well with the Agnesi spaghetti even though its dried not fresh pasta - particularly if you flash-fry a bit of chopped garlic and chilli before heating the sauce in the same pan. I cut the Amatriciana sauce with the cheaper Arabatia (110 baht) sometimes if I'm feeling cheap! My Thai wife and look-kreung would eat this every day if given the option.

Love Thai food but at about the 3 year mark a passion for one falang feed a day tends to set inlicklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

Edited by SantiSuk

Seen yesterday in Makro:

Rhubarb

THB 450 per Kilo. (In the corner of the veggie section on the wall that backs on to the bakery).

Black Pudding

THB 425 (presumably each / KG) in the sausage freezer in the centre of the store.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

I know of it, Olive Tree, it's in a small soi just off the main beach road, south chaweng. Opposite the entrance to Mercure Tana hotel.

It was opened last year, he took it over from an unsuccesful thai enterprise. Owner is a greek chef, there's some positive reviews on the travel sites, he's serving up Greek food with a buffet on Friday nights I believe.

Each time I've been past it's been very quiet so you'd expect decent service.

• Like 1