living the dream in bang saray!

sesdaman

I would only consider a condo on a high floor there As well as any place else for security There have been some bad home invasions of foreigners in Bang Sarey

What does the height have to do with it? BTW Best security I have ever seen is at Royal cliff garden condo but I doubt they have that in Bang Sarey.

What does the height have to do with it?

The higher you are the less likely intruders are to climb onto your balcony. Not least because they would have to go past many other units before getting to yours, and they would probably stop and rob them instead. Also people would have to be more desperate to risk falling from a great height than from a low floor.

• Like 1

Bang Saray and Ban Amphur (5 kilo's north of Bang Saray) are very nice and relaxing.

Pattaya proper is only 18 kilometers north on the Sukhumvit Highway.

These places are not for red light nite life. But there are some general farang bars without the girlie action.

Unfortunately Bang Saray is quickly losing the Thai Fishing Village country atmosphere.

But Bang Saray and Ban Amphur both are still a long way from being Pattaya style.

Most farangs that live there prefer the laid back lifestyle instead of the Pattaya "in your face" life.

There are a number of Lady beer bars that cater to farangs in Ban Chang which is a few kiloeters down the highway from Utapao Airport (formerly a large US airbase from the Vietnam war era).

There are now condo's, apartments, and homes available to rent in Bang Saray. Homes on the water in the fishing village area.

About 10,000 to 15,000 THB for nice accomodations. Even cheaper if staying in an apartment.

Just be careful of the scam to pay a higher electric and water rates than the regular meter. I have seen it done even in Bang Saray by landloards many times.

Western food is hit and miss. Many western restaurants come and go. But Seafood and Thai food is Great and reasonably priced there.

Beaches in Bang Saray are ok, but narrow and close to the fishing village. The beach at the north end of the town is good, but have to walk from where the road turns toward the Sukhuvit highway. Go to the Thai Navy Beach or Ban Ampur for better cleaner beaches and waters.

To enjoy that area a farang would need to have a car. A motorcycle only would be dangerous to ride Sukhumvit regularly. Especially at night.

A motorbike for in town local transport only.

That area in my opinion is close enougn to shopping and excitement of Pattaya, yet far enough (still) to enjoy a decent life (for now)

If you own a house the elec rate is 3.5% & if you rent- live in a condo or apt. you pay 9% been that way since 2004 & I am sure it goes back much further same for water. This is all Thailand . Where the actual rates may change from Amphur to Amphur the difference in % are the same. Not a scam at all just the way it is.That is why everyone wants to get permanent electric to get the much lower rate.

If you own a house the elec rate is 3.5% & if you rent- live in a condo or apt. you pay 9% been that way since 2004 & I am sure it goes back much further same for water.

3.5% of what? 9% of what?

I live in a condo and I pay about 4B/unit, all taxes and fees included. I pay this directly to the PEA by direct debit from my Thai bank account every month.

I pay my water bill directly to the building and it generally comes to around 100B/month, for around 2 cubic metres.

• 6 months later...

Is there someone who knows the phone number from The Bakery,in Bang Saray, on the left side the soi between the 2 optical shops,post-75642-0-56424700-1407046746_thumb.j a Belgium man making very good bread, i live in Pattaya and wont to go buy some, but want to phone first.

• Like 1

Is there someone who knows the phone number from The Bakery,in Bang Saray, on the left side the soi between the 2 optical shops,attachicon.gifP1120372.JPG a Belgium man making very good bread, i live in Pattaya and wont to go buy some, but want to phone first.

You are right to want to phone ahead of time since they frequently run out of the days baking but don't know how you will do it since the girls who work there won't give you a phone number. All you will get is the No Hab refrain

BUT, if you are lucky enough to visit when the owner is there, hopefully he will be more accommodating

I live about half way between Bang Sarey and Sattahip . When I moved here Bang Sarey was quite civilized, very quiet, some nice girly bars. It has been 'upgraded' with new builds and new condo's. Now I rarely go there, it has become very bland.

I have noticed that in the last couple of years that the volume of traffic between Sattahip and Pattaya has increased dramatically, mostly during morning and evening commuting times. The standard of driving has deteriorated considerably. With the opening of the new waterpark and the increased popularity of Nong Nooch + a couple of new resorts, tourist buses will increase in numbers. Their driving standard is aggressive and careless.

If you do not have a serious hobby/responsibility there is not much in the way of Falang entertainment, apart from sitting in the bar and yakking.I keep busy caring for my dogs and keeping my property clean and tidy so do not have a lot of spare time for bars ( I am very boring, I suppose). Sattahip has a fairly large Tesco + many hardware shops, a good bakery and some reasonable restaurants. It is a Navy town and one does not see many Falangs, on the whole the populace around here is friendly and honest.Between Bang Sarey and Sattahip there is a small village called Dow Tan(phonetic spelling) ,there are Bars/Karaoke establishments there for servicing the troops, as there are in Sattahip, they are accommodating to Falang, A new bakery has opened in Dow Tan, the owner speaks English, so easy to purchase food. Not far is a small town called Bang Chan, on the way to Rayong. There are some falang friendly girly bars there, also a large Tesco.

There is a lot of new development in the area, So one would expect that the volume of traffic will increase yet again. There are some properties near where I live that are for rent, some at a very reasonable rate. They are new builds , unfurnished, no a/c, 3 beds, no Falang neighbours. Pattaya , with all the shopping convenience, is 25 kl from my home.

As has been stated in other posts there are some good beaches, some fairly decent, quiet bars/restuarants in Bang Sarey and nearby Ban Amphur

I like living where I am.

sounds awful......

• 6 months later...

I too am moving to Bang Saray this year. I like being a bit away from Pattaya and all its temptations! But near enough when you really "need" it...... Plus.. a big plus for me is that it`s not the village up in Udon!

We bought a plot about 6-7 years back and planning on buikd there when we move over (builder recommandation appreciated) In fact we bout 1000 sqm but only need 600 or so so I`ve advertised the rest on here. A joint building project maybe anybody?

I have read all the above and it all comes down to your own preference and I suspect that is based on your circumstances and even how long you`ve been going to Thailand etc... I`m married to a thai I met in the UK and she has lived here for 22 years. I looking forward to the change of pace.

Looking forward to meeting up with any members living that way soon....

• Like 1

• 2 years later...