Rules are Rules, I Guess (Restaurant Experience)

luckizuchinni

People at the same table have to eat the same. What an awesome restaurant. I am sure the owner has a degree in 'how to make a business fail'.

It's a buffet with an extra beef option. If one person has the extra option, everyone at the table has to have the extra option. This would be because, particularly when its busy, there is no way to tell who is really eating the beef.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

Pah... the world is full of funny rules.

A place in Poland wouldn't serve us until we took our coats off.... it was bloody freezing.

McD freaks out if you order something they don't have a button for.

The customer is always right does not apply here......

Edited by jacko45k

Pah... the world is full of funny rules.

A place in Poland wouldn't serve us until we took our coats off.... it was bloody freezing.

McD freaks out if you order something they don't have a button for.

The customer is always right does not apply here......

You've piqued my curiosity. Why wouldn't they serve you until you took off your coats?

• Like 1

In my opinion so long as the Beef is paid for it does'nt really matter who the <deleted> eats it ,Imagine if that was a restuarant in Aussie or elsewhere and you had a T bone and your partner had a small piece as a taster and ended up getting charged for a whole T Bone wouldnt you have something to say ? .

Funny story. I'm still surprised they couldn't manage to charge you all the same even with the different tables though.

If you want to obey everybodys rules and regulations, in any country, why bother getting out of bed in the morning.

• Like 1

there is a place down the road from me that charges us extra if we want 2 coal cookers instead of 1 for 4 people even though I tried to explain to them that if the 4 of us would have came in separately they would have gladly supplied 4 cookers without any extra charge.

If i go there again I will do the same that the OP did. My son and I will sit at one table while my daughter and wife sit at another 1 foot away.

• Like 1

In the U.S.having a "beef" with the waitstaff is a good way to insure your food will be given a little "extra attention" in the back of the house before it arrives at your table.

Wonder if that happens here?

Wifey used to work in a restaurant years ago. If a customer acted up they definitely got some of 'chefs own sauce' if the opportunity arose.

Had a similar thing in Central with a "buy 2 t-shirts, get one free deal". I wanted to buy 4 t-shirts and expected to get 2 free ones. No can do, only one free per customer. So I bought 2 and got one free, and so did the wife.

I've never come across this before and suspect the sales assistant was either new, or just plain stupid.

• Like 2

It was even more surprising that they did not charge for two buckets of ice. I do not even use ice in my drinks (especially beer), but some restaurants include a charge for the ice! It is listed on the menu with the drinks. I asked several times for the ice to be taken back, but was ignored. It does become frustrating. I do not mind the 10 baht at all, and would have just included that in the tip. Instead I chose not to leave a tip at all. That, for me, is saving face.

I am guilty of standing up and carrying the unwanted ice back to the cashier, and having them remove it from the bill. It was very embarrassing and I regret it.