Ainol Novo Tablet-Any Advice?

racyrick

I saw an Ainol Novo 10 Forever tablet for sale on the aliexpress website.

Does anybody know anything or have any experience with this brand?

It is obviously a China made machine and uses an ATM7029 Quad Core

Price is approx. 6,000 baht.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

I can't recommend the Ainol tablet. The store where I shop has had lots returned. I do recommend the Mach Speed Trio Stealth G2. I recently bought one and, although the display resolution is not as clear as I'd like, it's quite a good tablet. You can check it out on the Mach Speed website. Also, about three weeks ago, another poster mentioned a tablet that looked very good. You could search for his post.

I can't recommend the Ainol tablet. The store where I shop has had lots returned. I do recommend the Mach Speed Trio Stealth G2. I recently bought one and, although the display resolution is not as clear as I'd like, it's quite a good tablet. You can check it out on the Mach Speed website. Also, about three weeks ago, another poster mentioned a tablet that looked very good. You could search for his post.

Thank you for the reply. I will check it out

AINOL tablets are available in Bangkok at many FORTUNE TOWER shops, Pantip plaza as well. Before ordering on Ali Exp. check the prices locally, you may pay a bit more but in my experience, worth the extra money.

The problems I have encountered buying several tablets and one phone from ALI-EXPRESS is that they are frequently loaded with Chinese language apps that use a lot of your RAM and onboard memory. They are very difficult to un-install without rooting the machine...a difficult process for non-nerds.

Another problem with the Chinese apps is that when one accidently comes up, you have no idea which menu button to select to close it.

If you do decide to buy from them, ask the seller via the message window on the order screen if GOOGLE PLAY is installed. If not, ask if they will install it for you. If "No", don't buy it.

When figuring your AliExp. costs, take into account that the Thai's will charge duty at delivery of anywhere from B300 to B500.

I have always gotten what I ordered from Ali Express with no credit card difficulties but I have regretted not paying more and buying the product here.

I just received a new Lenovo phone I ordered from them but all the apps are Chinese and I am having great difficulty getting it rooted and an English ROM installed.

• Like 1

AINOL tablets are available in Bangkok at many FORTUNE TOWER shops, Pantip plaza as well. Before ordering on Ali Exp. check the prices locally, you may pay a bit more but in my experience, worth the extra money.

The problems I have encountered buying several tablets and one phone from ALI-EXPRESS is that they are frequently loaded with Chinese language apps that use a lot of your RAM and onboard memory. They are very difficult to un-install without rooting the machine...a difficult process for non-nerds.

Another problem with the Chinese apps is that when one accidently comes up, you have no idea which menu button to select to close it.

If you do decide to buy from them, ask the seller via the message window on the order screen if GOOGLE PLAY is installed. If not, ask if they will install it for you. If "No", don't buy it.

When figuring your AliExp. costs, take into account that the Thai's will charge duty at delivery of anywhere from B300 to B500.

I have always gotten what I ordered from Ali Express with no credit card difficulties but I have regretted not paying more and buying the product here.

I just received a new Lenovo phone I ordered from them but all the apps are Chinese and I am having great difficulty getting it rooted and an English ROM installed.

I bought my Ainol Hero from Zeer Rangsit, was same price as I could get it online from Ainol website or elsewhere, with that advantage that I got a free bookcover thrown in as well and if I should have a warranty problem I would not have to send it out of the country again.

Ainol tabs come rooted from factory, and the shop in Zeer had removed the unwanted Chinese apps already, however it wouldn't have been a big problem for someone who has a bit of knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used my Ainol Novo 7" for nearly a year. Very fast, responsive touch screen, I run many apps at once. The screen is beautiful. It does get hot while charging so I take it out of the leather cover then. No complaints.

Thank you for your feedback.

I have used my Ainol Novo 7" for nearly a year. Very fast, responsive touch screen, I run many apps at once. The screen is beautiful. It does get hot while charging so I take it out of the leather cover then. No complaints.

Bender92,

Be cautious if your tablet or the charger gets unusually warm or hot. It really should be never more than just slightly warm.

I and also a friend have had a tablet do a "Jiffy Pop" imitation. That is, the battery has essentially blown-up but fortunately contained by the very strong protective Mylar enclosing it. It puffs up with enough force to split open the tablet case by almost two inches...pretty scary to look at.

In both cases; my Aigo and my friends Onda, it occurred when the tablets were at rest; not being charged or used. I'd strongly suggest you have yours checked out.

Edited by dddave